2012 Single of the Year!!!

I only follow hip-hop strong enough to be able to answer this question per genre, although I know that Miguel joint was huge.

But as far as hip-hop

1. Mercy

2. No Lie

3. Amen

I know "Take Care" came out Nov. 2011, but "Crew Love" was major in 2012 as well.

Yo Gotti - I got dat sack

A$AP Ferg - Persian whine

Kendrick Lamar - Sing about me

Fun - We are young 

Rap/Hip-Hop: Goldie, A$AP Rocky/Mercy, G.O.O.D Music

Pop: We Are Young, Fun./Somebody That I Used To Know, Gotye

i actually think fun's "some nights" was bigger because it was more a of a cross over hit. ive been hearing "some nights" on pop and rock stations.

personally, it was paul van **** and arty - "the ocean" but for the biggest EDM track, Porter Robinson's "Language" was on just about everything I heard.

Last edited:
My personal Single of the Year

Nas - Brooklyn's story, cherry wine

Brooklyn's story is an instant classic. The fact that this song got no play is horrendous.

everytime there area threads like this i remember NT doesn't party. lots of good songs mentioned but aint no body trying to hear "cartoons and cereal" in the club bruh, foh

singles of the year though.

R&B: Adorn

Hip Hop: Pop That

^Pretty much agree with that :lol: a lot of songs mentioned weren't actually singles. I know I mentioned "No Lie" and "Turn On The Lights", but I may have to change to "Mercy". My god that was everywhere

for some reason i cant stop playing this song

i guess cause i love dub reggae

i could do with out eminem on the song

Honorable mention.. I can't even explain why but this **** just pulls you in and doesn't let go.

Back
Top Bottom