2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

What's the timezone difference from US EST and Rio?
Can't be as bad a delay as this Olympics.
London is 5 hours ahead of us, Brazil is only 2 hours ahead.
BUT w/ dif daylight savings, in the summer time it'll only be 1 hour ahead.

NBC will find a way to **** that up though.

Last edited:
closing ceremony
DAVID-CAMERON-BORIS-JOHNSON-DANCING.gif

Yeah, I clocked Boris dancing.

There was a little bit of unnecessary stuff in there but overall it was a pretty good show.

Going to be depressed now with nothing to watch each day. Been a great couple of weeks though.

Was Beijing live? I don't remember flipping back and forth and stuff being spoiler hours earlier like this one

Last edited:
Was Beijing live? I don't remember flipping back and forth and stuff being spoiler hours earlier like this one

beijing is 12 hours ahead of us, so yes things were taped ahead of time. And I do remember seeing some of Phelps races on espn news before they were shown here

:lol: What? No.

People forget that Twitter blew up in '09, so it was basically a non-factor in Beijing.

...Plus, there wasn't a live, English-language channel like the BBC also broadcasting it.

And China is 12 hours ahead of us, so people were a lot more understanding of a time delay then, than the 5 hour difference for this one.

Last edited:
:wow: All the Spice Girls look better NOW than they were in the 90's. I'm seriously stunned, I expected at least 1-2 of them to fall off and be chubby or something but got damn! Already knew Mel B got better with age but Baby Spice and Geri Halliwell :evil:

Ahhhh makes sense. I knew it was a time difference, but I guess with that kind of difference, the delay wouldn't matter. Hell, I remember watching Bolt racing, and the men's relay teams messing up but not at all realizing it happened much earlier than London :lol:

I think Lolo is a fan of the Spice Girls. I think

:wow: All the Spice Girls look better NOW than they were in the 90's. I'm seriously stunned, I expected at least 1-2 of them to fall off and be chubby or something but got damn! Already knew Mel B got better with age but Baby Spice and Geri Halliwell :evil:

geri halliwell, yes. But Victoria looks like she got work done and even tho mel b is still sexy, younger is better

Brazil is gonna have less technology than London at their ceremonies. But London had its history of music to fall back on. Brazil will have to use all its fine *** women :lol:

Brazil is gonna have less technology than London at their ceremonies. But London had its history of music to fall back on. Brazil will have to use all its fine *** women :lol:
I'm saying...the amount of unidentifiable mass in Rio... :smh: Good problems to have.

Brazil is gonna have less technology than London at their ceremonies. But London had its history of music to fall back on. Brazil will have to use all its fine *** women
laugh.gif
I'm saying...the amount of unidentifiable mass in Rio...
mean.gif
Good problems to have.
Ya'll keep slipping on Brazil man. They're not a 3rd world country like that. They're an up and coming economic powerhouse.

Those opening ceremonies are going to CLOWN though 
pimp.gif

Damn, They happened so fast though, 4 more years. :frown:

Can't wait for the World Cup though. :pimp:

Ya'll keep slipping on Brazil man. They're not a 3rd world country like that. They're an up and coming economic powerhouse.
Not at all. I know about the BRIC. I'm saying the endless supply of fine, thick chicks on display is gonna be overwhelming.

I'm saying...the amount of unidentifiable mass in Rio... :smh: Good problems to have.
Unidentifiable mass=dudes? If that's what you're into, it won't be hard (pun) to find in Rio.
robwatnew.gif

The hell your mind at?.....

I meant even the detectives ain't gonna put names on all the fine employees, etc...

Back
Top Bottom