2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

Wow, they're over so fast... Means school is coming now :smh: :rolleyes I;m seriously like sad now. It sounds stupid and stuff but these Olympic games actually gave me something to look forward to. Watched it so much I barely did anything these last weeks haha! I need to go sometime. Man, im depressed :smh: :rolleyes

Alex and Syd got hella face time.
laugh.gif

Congrats USA!

Team GB finishing 3rd is an amazing achievement -almost feel proud to be British lol. Glad you guys around the world enjoyed it all.

Oh well ....only six days to go until the new Premiership season starts 
happy.gif

smokin.gif

beijing is 12 hours ahead of us, so yes things were taped ahead of time. And I do remember seeing some of Phelps races on espn news before they were shown here

The hell you saw Phelps' races on ESPN News. NBC gives a very limited highlight package to ESPN. You saw results on ESPN News, not the race.

MENS USA BASKETBALL DESCENDED A BIT THIS YEAR I NOTICED

time to focus on a new found love for a sport, WOMENS VOLLEYBALL

been looking through this thread but I can't seem to find it, its that gif of the winning vault in gymnastics of this olympics being compared to the one in the 50's

been looking through this thread but I can't seem to find it, its that gif of the winning vault in gymnastics of this olympics being compared to the one in the 50's

vault_then_and_now.gif

funny-gifs-olympic-vaults.gif

That's crazy. I saw some interesting graphics showing the 100m improvements. There was a long jump one though which was weird - decades of it not going anywhere then a little blip and then it flattened out again. Something funny about the jumping events - like it needs someone with such unique genetics that it takes a while for it to change - either that or it's not as popular as the running events so doesn't get the focus.

Back
Top Bottom