2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

USA Basketball
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by University of Nike

My dude Ashton Eaton is on pace to set the American record in the decathlon. 
pimp.gif

... he set the world record, instead.
pimp.gif

AE.png

Worked with him for three years. Extremely happy for Ash!
just mentioned this in the trials thread

eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
@ those times and heights he put up cot damb

pimp.gif
 Badminton dude is nice. It's gonna be hard to top '08 with Michael Phelps making super rare history and Usain Bolt swaggin OD but still, must watch TV regardless. USA 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Lin Dan
Seen him play multiple times at the yonex all england open.. This boy is an animal
pimp.gif

Badminton is sick game. Need wild mobility and reflexes.

BTW!!!

More Olympics tickets have been released for various events and will continue to be on the run up to the games.

Just missed out on some cheap ones for the Mens soccer final at wembley.. I'm sick
sick.gif
tired.gif

Prices range from dirt cheap to anal rape.

For anyone who is interested.........

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Phelps isn't as dedicated anymore.. I still have faith he'll pull it off at the Olympics,though.
michael_phelps_bong-500x666.jpg

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Phelps isn't as dedicated anymore.. I still have faith he'll pull it off at the Olympics,though.

he'll still take the 100 and 200 fly.. maybe the 200 free (lochte beat him at the world championships.. but i still think phelps wins in the olympics)

dont see him beating lochte in the 200 and 400 IM.. lochte is better in the back and breast; and just as good in the free

US should still take the 4 x 200 free

4 medley relay could be a problem.. need to check out how the americans are doing in the 100 back after peirsol's retirement.. hanson being back helps in the breast.. but will need a huge leg from phelps in the fly

but will have serious trouble with australia in the 4 x 100 free relay.. this magnussen dude will be serious problems from the US on both relays

I think Phelps is still dedicated. That's silly. He may be subconsciously, less-hungry, but he is just playin' with folks (other than Lochte) at the trials. He's a pro and knows when to turn it on. I expect a great showing again in the Olympics.

I hope Lochte gets a Gold this year though.

im not saying that gatlin is not a great sprinter but the times he is running now for someone who was banned and not competing should be under serious investigation

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I think Phelps is still dedicated. That's silly. He may be subconsciously, less-hungry, but he is just playin' with folks (other than Lochte) at the trials. He's a pro and knows when to turn it on. I expect a great showing again in the Olympics.

Hopefully he gets the 200 IM
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

yup.. all of this

his only real competition in 3 of the 5 individual events he won in '08 is lochte.. 200 IM, 400 IM and 200 free

like i said above, phelps will still win the 100 fly and 200 fly EASILY.. just so happens lochte has stepped up seriously

but people really need to realize how important that 100 back in the prelims was to lochte if he wanted a chance at touching phelp's 8 gold medals from '08.. he needed a 52 something to be able to consider the event for the games BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY to get consideration for the medley relay.. since he'll probably win the 200 back, 200 IM and 400 IM.. i think phelps wins the 200 free, but obviously that goes down to those 2 guys

but he doesn't have that 5th event AND the 3 relays.. without the 100 back he won't be on the medley relay.. and he still has to have a pretty fast 100 free in the prelims to be considered for the 4 x 100 free relay (this goes for phelps as well.. but phelps is better at the 100 free).. sooo he might only get a chance at 5 medals

phelps 5 individual events in '08 were: 100 and 200 fly, 200 and 400 IM and the 200 free

lochte will probably only have these 4: 200 back, 200 free, 200 and 400 IM
- plus 1 or 2 relays

also.. the US is in serious problems with the 4 x 100 free relay.. just looked up last year's world championships results:
http://www.omegatiming.co...0011000000FFFFFFFFFFFF01

hopefully lochte has really stepped up his 100 free speed and can add to phelps and adrian (the 2 solid legs you can count on).. but US would still need a solid 4th.. and that's alot to ask for from lezak at 36

magnussen has gotten better for australia.. plus he was sick at those world championships

you really are going need all 4 legs of your relay to be under 48 in order to win.. you MIGHT be able to get away with a 48 REAL low on the leadoff (like phelps' 48.08)

When's all the new basketball stuff dropping? finishline has the new USA James/Bryant jersey, but I'd rather get someone else

Back
Top Bottom