2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

I was thinking they would be fake back seats like in the SC430. 
laugh.gif

Omg...this thing is gonna handle like a dream! Finally, it's been too long since toyota has mass produced a true sports car. I can only wish I will find a stable job when the higher end model comes out, then I can trade in my tC.

Omg...this thing is gonna handle like a dream! Finally, it's been too long since toyota has mass produced a true sports car. I can only wish I will find a stable job when the higher end model comes out, then I can trade in my tC.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

100% front engine, flat 4... it may be considered a front mid engine, I'm not sure... as far as flat 6 goes, Subaru's H6 is similarly power compared to a Turbo 4...
Yeah but a naturally aspirated flat 6 is better than a turboed 4, for the most part. 
There's more mod potential in the turbo 4.

How many people that buys this will mod the engine though? Right out of the lot, I want to be able to enjoy driving it already. Plus having a flat 6 won't stop tuners to find a way to mod it either way.

100% front engine, flat 4... it may be considered a front mid engine, I'm not sure... as far as flat 6 goes, Subaru's H6 is similarly power compared to a Turbo 4...
Yeah but a naturally aspirated flat 6 is better than a turboed 4, for the most part. 

How many people that buys this will mod the engine though? Right out of the lot, I want to be able to enjoy driving it already. Plus having a flat 6 won't stop tuners to find a way to mod it either way.

a lot more than you think, I think... Toyota is selling this car pretty cheap and is going to market it towards the tuning community... and the Turbo 4 Subaru uses have more torque and HP than the H6 they use... the 4 weighs less, and it makes the car's weight more evenly distributed... and with the weight of car, if you only mildly tune it you'll see fairly good results...

a lot more than you think, I think... Toyota is selling this car pretty cheap and is going to market it towards the tuning community... and the Turbo 4 Subaru uses have more torque and HP than the H6 they use... the 4 weighs less, and it makes the car's weight more evenly distributed... and with the weight of car, if you only mildly tune it you'll see fairly good results...

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

laugh.gif
 You don't even sound assuring yourself. 
I don't know, I guess I can see this being like the 370Z but even with that car, about what percentage of the car sold are modded/tuned? 10%? 20%? I still think it's a small market, I could imagine more people buying this and thinking they can beat any car on the road right off the lot than those who plan to fully modify this car.

I still prefer a NA 6 over a turbo 4, just has more grunt on the lower RPMs w/o lag. More balanced powerband. 

Don't get me wrong though, I can understand why they'd choose a turbo flat 4 because of the cars size but if the car is offered in both engines, I'd choose the NA 6 w/o hesitation and my guess is most people will too.

laugh.gif
I don't know, I guess I can see this being like the 370Z but even with that car, about what percentage of the car sold are modded/tuned? 10%? 20%? I still think it's a small market, I could imagine more people buying this and thinking they can beat any car on the road right off the lot than those who plan to fully modify this car.

I still prefer a NA 6 over a turbo 4, just has more grunt on the lower RPMs w/o lag. More balanced powerband. 

Don't get me wrong though, I can understand why they'd choose a turbo flat 4 because of the cars size but if the car is offered in both engines, I'd choose the NA 6 w/o hesitation and my guess is most people will too.

laugh.gif

I don't live around that type of culture so I can't say for sure... bit with the price point, weight, type of engine, and size I don't see why it wouldn't get a lot of love from the tuner community...And this is nothing like the 370Z... the Z cost just about twice as much and is a lot more "technologized" with its rev Matcher and what not...

laugh.gif

I don't live around that type of culture so I can't say for sure... bit with the price point, weight, type of engine, and size I don't see why it wouldn't get a lot of love from the tuner community...And this is nothing like the 370Z... the Z cost just about twice as much and is a lot more "technologized" with its rev Matcher and what not...

laugh.gif

What? The 370Z doesn't cost twice as much as this. Like I said I haven't been paying much attention to this vehicle but I could have sworn this is being projected to be around $25k. The 370Z starts at $31k, that is certainly not twice as much. No way this car is going to be less than or the same price as the TC, which starts at $18,500. 
Any car can get love from the tuner community though. There will always be a company that will have a mod for almost any car that looks remotely good. Heck, people made superchargers for the Toyota Matrix.

laugh.gif

What? The 370Z doesn't cost twice as much as this. Like I said I haven't been paying much attention to this vehicle but I could have sworn this is being projected to be around $25k. The 370Z starts at $31k, that is certainly not twice as much. No way this car is going to be less than or the same price as the TC, which starts at $18,500. 
Any car can get love from the tuner community though. There will always be a company that will have a mod for almost any car that looks remotely good. Heck, people made superchargers for the Toyota Matrix.

Back
Top Bottom