2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Have there been any confirmed differences between the Subaru version and the Scion/Toyota version at this point?

Have there been any confirmed differences between the Subaru version and the Scion/Toyota version at this point?

Car looks freaking amazing. Looks like it'll release mid 2013 in Australia, hopefully my money is right by then so I can cop.

Car looks freaking amazing. Looks like it'll release mid 2013 in Australia, hopefully my money is right by then so I can cop.

What? The 370Z doesn't cost twice as much as this. Like I said I haven't been paying much attention to this vehicle but I could have sworn this is being projected to be around $25k. The 370Z starts at $31k, that is certainly not twice as much. No way this car is going to be less than or the same price as the TC, which starts at $18,500. 
Any car can get love from the tuner community though. There will always be a company that will have a mod for almost any car that looks remotely good. Heck, people made superchargers for the Toyota Matrix.

In Canada
screenshot20110915at103.png

What? The 370Z doesn't cost twice as much as this. Like I said I haven't been paying much attention to this vehicle but I could have sworn this is being projected to be around $25k. The 370Z starts at $31k, that is certainly not twice as much. No way this car is going to be less than or the same price as the TC, which starts at $18,500. 
Any car can get love from the tuner community though. There will always be a company that will have a mod for almost any car that looks remotely good. Heck, people made superchargers for the Toyota Matrix.

In Canada

I'm fairly certain the Subaru version will be more stiff and slightly more luxury compared to the Toyota version... Subaru will offer a Turbo version down the road and I remember reading somewhere Toyota may do a sportier version but it may be a Japan special...

Thought it was starting at 20g and wont have many options... while the Z starts at 31g, read the motor trend long term reports on it, every thing is an option on it...

I'm fairly certain the Subaru version will be more stiff and slightly more luxury compared to the Toyota version... Subaru will offer a Turbo version down the road and I remember reading somewhere Toyota may do a sportier version but it may be a Japan special...

Thought it was starting at 20g and wont have many options... while the Z starts at 31g, read the motor trend long term reports on it, every thing is an option on it...

ninjahood wrote:
its gonna be tiny.....

Lets not forget that this car is based on the AE86 not the Supra so it will be small.
At least they didnt do what Nissan did to the GTR

nissan-skyline-gt-r-size-comparison.jpg

ninjahood wrote:
its gonna be tiny.....

Lets not forget that this car is based on the AE86 not the Supra so it will be small.

Originally Posted by quik1987

In Canada

laugh.gif

Well yeah but in Canada the Scion/Toyota will most likely be $35k as well.

Originally Posted by quik1987

In Canada

laugh.gif

Well yeah but in Canada the Scion/Toyota will most likely be $35k as well.

CelticsPride34 wrote:

If it's a Scion, I really do not see it happening at $20k unless they plan on discontinuing the Scion, which I doubt since it's a big seller. And there really isn't a point in competing against your own car, especially against one of your best sellers. With the TC starting at $18,500 and if the FRS starts at $20,000, why would anyone buy the TC?

And so what if everything is an option. In tuner talk, you want the least weight possible so the less option the better.

Also, a small car is a nice change of pace. Everyone keep saying everything is getting bigger and wider so it's good to see some smaller performance cars to provide some variety.

CelticsPride34 wrote:

If it's a Scion, I really do not see it happening at $20k unless they plan on discontinuing the Scion, which I doubt since it's a big seller. And there really isn't a point in competing against your own car, especially against one of your best sellers. With the TC starting at $18,500 and if the FRS starts at $20,000, why would anyone buy the TC?

And so what if everything is an option. In tuner talk, you want the least weight possible so the less option the better.

Also, a small car is a nice change of pace. Everyone keep saying everything is getting bigger and wider so it's good to see some smaller performance cars to provide some variety.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

ninjahood wrote:
its gonna be tiny.....

what did nissan do wrong with the GT-R?

Originally Posted by Kookcle

ninjahood wrote:
its gonna be tiny.....

what did nissan do wrong with the GT-R?

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by RFX45

Bigger and wider.
i can see that, but how is that bad?
People will always complain about the increased size and weight of new cars. I do all the time, but that did not stop me from copping one.
laugh.gif

At this point, there has been nothing but rumors about a turbo version coming a couple years later. Subaru and Toyota will not announce something like that and jeopardize potential first year sales even if they do in the future.

The Supra is fat too.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom