2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

The problem then is the price. If they add more power but also make it start at $30k, a lot of people will be turned off by this car. I love this car for what it is but they certainly should have added a few more HP and maybe start out with that 250hp instead.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The problem then is the price. If they add more power but also make it start at $30k, a lot of people will be turned off by this car. I love this car for what it is but they certainly should have added a few more HP and maybe start out with that 250hp instead.

Yea.

Yea.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Al Audi

word
i mean really what guy would buy this car right now?
 Whoever was gonna buy the Honda Civic Si Coupe
Or the Miata? People who still doesn't like the Genesis Coupe cuz it's still a Hyundai? 
laugh.gif
I'll take the Genesis coupe over the BR-Z/FR-S any day.

how is the genesis coupe? i never see them on the road

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Al Audi

word
i mean really what guy would buy this car right now?
 Whoever was gonna buy the Honda Civic Si Coupe
Or the Miata? People who still doesn't like the Genesis Coupe cuz it's still a Hyundai? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ludex360

laugh.gif

I test drove the current gen Genesis Coupe on the track when it first came out (hoping to get invited on this new one again), it was surprisingly fast and fun to drive albeit on the heavy side. The look got outdated quick though and a new more powerful version is coming out soon. The 2.0 has ~275hp and 3.0 has ~350hp so they are going to be beastly. The 3.0 at around $29k and a good value if comparing to the 370Z but the numbers mean nothing, got to test drive it to see how it handles. New one looks good too.

laugh.gif

I test drove the current gen Genesis Coupe on the track when it first came out (hoping to get invited on this new one again), it was surprisingly fast and fun to drive albeit on the heavy side. The look got outdated quick though and a new more powerful version is coming out soon. The 2.0 has ~275hp and 3.0 has ~350hp so they are going to be beastly. The 3.0 at around $29k and a good value if comparing to the 370Z but the numbers mean nothing, got to test drive it to see how it handles. New one looks good too.

i really want to like this car... but with the lack of HP, price, and whatnot... im just not a fan...

i really want to like this car... but with the lack of HP, price, and whatnot... im just not a fan...

Need this in my life! I'm pretty sure the N/A version would suffice in any auto-x situation. That's what will make the car fun. Some dudes OD'ing with wanting it faster with turbo. It goes beyond that. Look at this car as a the hardtop equivalent of the Mazda Miata. A bit larger, a bit more horsepower, but with similar maneuverability.

I too like some others would cop the Scion version and rebadge it as a Toyota.
laugh.gif
I'm a Toyota fanboy, but I wish to see the Scion brand go away now.

Need this in my life! I'm pretty sure the N/A version would suffice in any auto-x situation. That's what will make the car fun. Some dudes OD'ing with wanting it faster with turbo. It goes beyond that. Look at this car as a the hardtop equivalent of the Mazda Miata. A bit larger, a bit more horsepower, but with similar maneuverability.

I too like some others would cop the Scion version and rebadge it as a Toyota.
laugh.gif
I'm a Toyota fanboy, but I wish to see the Scion brand go away now.

i think you guys are forgetting that the spirit of this car is an ae86 not a supra
I haven't forgotten and continually defended it and I still love this car but if the 7.3 sec 0-60 stands, then that is just unacceptable. Some mini vans go faster than that. For a 2700 lbs car with 200hp, I really have no idea why it would make that number. Motortrend has a 0-60 of 6.4 sec, which is more understandable but we're going to have to see what other numbers come out because anything above 7 seconds is plain disappointing. 

i think you guys are forgetting that the spirit of this car is an ae86 not a supra
I haven't forgotten and continually defended it and I still love this car but if the 7.3 sec 0-60 stands, then that is just unacceptable. Some mini vans go faster than that. For a 2700 lbs car with 200hp, I really have no idea why it would make that number. Motortrend has a 0-60 of 6.4 sec, which is more understandable but we're going to have to see what other numbers come out because anything above 7 seconds is plain disappointing. 

Back
Top Bottom