2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

i just checked out scions website

it really does look good though, but damn what were they thinking with those numbers? i guess ppl are gonna mod the hell out of them if they do order?

i just checked out scions website

it really does look good though, but damn what were they thinking with those numbers? i guess ppl are gonna mod the hell out of them if they do order?

To be fair, the 7.3 report was one instance. Motortrend has a 0-60 time at 6.4 sec for the BRZ, faster than a Civic SI which isn't so bad. We'll have to wait and see how fast it truly once more people get to doing it.
http://wot.motortrend.com...sec-95-5-mph-183407.html

ya1hO.png

thing is pretty light but still should be a bit faster. im predict there will be good amount of mods for this car in the future.

thing is pretty light but still should be a bit faster. im predict there will be good amount of mods for this car in the future.

Numbers are pretty bad. Read the review over on insideline.com and even the skidpad numbers are weak. Same site put up the same skidpad numbers on a 2012 V6 Mustang. Thought it's market was supposed to be handling but if its putting up the same numbers as a car that's 800 pounds heavier than that's pretty underwhelming. Not to mention the Mustang crushes it in any straight line test and beat its 60-0 stopping distance. Scion/Subaru need a turbo version asap. 

Numbers are pretty bad. Read the review over on insideline.com and even the skidpad numbers are weak. Same site put up the same skidpad numbers on a 2012 V6 Mustang. Thought it's market was supposed to be handling but if its putting up the same numbers as a car that's 800 pounds heavier than that's pretty underwhelming. Not to mention the Mustang crushes it in any straight line test and beat its 60-0 stopping distance. Scion/Subaru need a turbo version asap. 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Scion/Subaru need a turbo version asap. 
word
i mean really what guy would buy this car right now?

You'd be surprised. The car really isn't about numbers and how fast it goes on a straight line. People are saying it drives like a Porsche Cayman, that is huge compliment as that car is double the price. Add that to the already limited production number and you might not even get a chance to test drive one at a dealership before it is all gone.

word

You'd be surprised. The car really isn't about numbers and how fast it goes on a straight line. People are saying it drives like a Porsche Cayman, that is huge compliment as that car is double the price. Add that to the already limited production number and you might not even get a chance to test drive one at a dealership before it is all gone.

Originally Posted by quik1987

word
 Whoever was gonna buy the Honda Civic Si Coupe
Or the Miata? People who still doesn't like the Genesis Coupe cuz it's still a Hyundai? 
laugh.gif

word
Or the Miata? People who still doesn't like the Genesis Coupe cuz it's still a Hyundai? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

word
laugh.gif
I'll take the Genesis coupe over the BR-Z/FR-S any day.

Originally Posted by RFX45

word
laugh.gif
I'll take the Genesis coupe over the BR-Z/FR-S any day.

Report: BRZ STI Model Already in the Works, No Turbocharger

Subaru has given the biggest hint yet that it is developing a hot STI version of its BRZ sports car – and there's a roadster on the way too.

Talking to Auto Express at the launch of the new rear-wheel drive coupe, global marketing manager Atoshi Atake, said: "We have already had many requests from interested customers regarding a faster version. Let me say this - we will certainly satisfy our customers. We are already working on a faster version."

The new range-topping model is expected to take inspiration from the STI concept revealed at the 2011 Los Angeles Motor Show. Under the bonnet will be a more powerful version of the 197bhp 2.0-litre flat-four cylinder 'boxer' from the standard car.

It is likely to produce around 250bhp. "We can definitely develop the intake system," Atake said. "There is certainly room for improvement there." In addition, there is likely to be a freer-flowing exhaust and modifications to the engine's variable valve control system, along with an even higher rev limit of around 7,500rpm.

Subaru says that it will not turbocharge the engine as there is no space at the front of the engine bay for an intercooler. "Plus, we want to keep turbocharging separate. It is for models like the WRX STI," said Atake. "The same goes for four-wheel drive. We could not make the BRZ four-wheel drive even if we wanted to." He also said that supercharging had been dismissed because it would make the BRZ too heavy on fuel.

As well as more power, the BRZ STI is set to weigh even less than the 1,250kg standard car, thanks to racing bucket seats and potentially a carbonfibre roof and bonnet, which will further help to lower the car's centre of gravity. Other tweaks will include a dramatic bodykit, stiffened and lowered suspension, lighter but larger 18-inch alloy wheels and upgraded brakes.

When asked if it was possible to make a convertible version of the BRZ, Atake said: "Yes, that is certainly possible. We already have pillarless doors - you can imagine how removing the roof would make the car look."

Subaru and Toyota have a global sales target of 100,000 models per year for the BRZ, and its sister car, the GT 86. Both cars go on sale in the UK in June, but sales have already begun in Japan where Subaru has sold 3,551 models in the last two months - four times what it expected.

http://www.autoexpress.co...aru_brz_sti_planned.html

Report: BRZ STI Model Already in the Works, No Turbocharger

Subaru has given the biggest hint yet that it is developing a hot STI version of its BRZ sports car – and there's a roadster on the way too.

Talking to Auto Express at the launch of the new rear-wheel drive coupe, global marketing manager Atoshi Atake, said: "We have already had many requests from interested customers regarding a faster version. Let me say this - we will certainly satisfy our customers. We are already working on a faster version."

The new range-topping model is expected to take inspiration from the STI concept revealed at the 2011 Los Angeles Motor Show. Under the bonnet will be a more powerful version of the 197bhp 2.0-litre flat-four cylinder 'boxer' from the standard car.

It is likely to produce around 250bhp. "We can definitely develop the intake system," Atake said. "There is certainly room for improvement there." In addition, there is likely to be a freer-flowing exhaust and modifications to the engine's variable valve control system, along with an even higher rev limit of around 7,500rpm.

Subaru says that it will not turbocharge the engine as there is no space at the front of the engine bay for an intercooler. "Plus, we want to keep turbocharging separate. It is for models like the WRX STI," said Atake. "The same goes for four-wheel drive. We could not make the BRZ four-wheel drive even if we wanted to." He also said that supercharging had been dismissed because it would make the BRZ too heavy on fuel.

As well as more power, the BRZ STI is set to weigh even less than the 1,250kg standard car, thanks to racing bucket seats and potentially a carbonfibre roof and bonnet, which will further help to lower the car's centre of gravity. Other tweaks will include a dramatic bodykit, stiffened and lowered suspension, lighter but larger 18-inch alloy wheels and upgraded brakes.

When asked if it was possible to make a convertible version of the BRZ, Atake said: "Yes, that is certainly possible. We already have pillarless doors - you can imagine how removing the roof would make the car look."

Subaru and Toyota have a global sales target of 100,000 models per year for the BRZ, and its sister car, the GT 86. Both cars go on sale in the UK in June, but sales have already begun in Japan where Subaru has sold 3,551 models in the last two months - four times what it expected.

http://www.autoexpress.co...aru_brz_sti_planned.html

The problem then is the price. If they add more power but also make it start at $30k, a lot of people will be turned off by this car. I love this car for what it is but they certainly should have added a few more HP and maybe start out with that 250hp instead.

Back
Top Bottom