2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson999 ain't got no love for the east coast?

tumblr_ms2kf24ZFX1qff46jo1_400.gif
laugh.gif

Im blaming the Spurs. Evenly matched game the whole way. Just like last year, this finals is going to be contingent upon the Spurs being able or not able to finish games. 

Going to come down to how well the spurs players (Manu Timmy and TP in particular) can manufacture individual offense in the fourth quarter. If they are efficient in that process, they'll win. If they aren't well...they'll lose. Same goes for the Heat. At the end of day, how well Bron and Bosh and wade manufacture plays down the stretch will determine whether or not they win. These are two great teams on both sides of the ball. Look at Miami's defense in the fourth of both games, especially game 2. When they are locked in, they don't get beat off the dribble off the pick and roll, their rotations are crisp and hard, and they always have a body in front of the ball. That's not going to change. At the end of the day, how well the spurs can score against the Heat's defense will determine their fate.

kawhi has to be the x-factor

he is the heir of the organization and needs to contribute greatly for the spurs to win

so far i havent seen much from him

Heat will win game 3 in a blowout. I can just feel it.

They could have been down 0-2 if it wasn't for Lebron cramping..

i expect Manu to play big for the heat again.

Heat will win game 3 in a blowout. I can just feel it.

They could have been down 0-2 if it wasn't for Lebron cramping..

i expect Manu to play big for the heat again.

i don't expect any blowouts like the okc/thunder series. i expect Parker and Duncan to keep them close in all games. not sure about why manu becomes a mental ****** against the heat

kawhi has to be the x-factor

he is the heir of the organization and needs to contribute greatly for the spurs to win

so far i havent seen much from him

guarding lebron for any length of time would probably make most players mute offensively

Spurs need to not give rashard 14 pts :x

I understand letting him shoot but Jesus damb near all his looks have been wide the hell open :smh: at least somewhat contest him

Last edited:

I feel you , you're one of my favorite cats to chop it up with bout hoop on here

And yea Russ was the best player on the thunder in the playoffs

I'm in the minority but I think he might be the best player on that team anyway.
Likewise, nothing but respect.

My heart wants to cosign that Russell comment but I'm not totally there yet.

What is an absolute truth is that he's the leader of that team. I dont think it can be argued anymore. Hes the heart and soul of that team. You'll never see Russ West with his hands on his waist with the game on the line hell no.

Dudes acting like their is nothing wrong with flopping like that. It took Manu out of the game. Gave him his 3rd foul. I'm sure it affected the game some how.

You are acting like Manu has never benefited from flopping himself.... LULZ.
I dont there ever is a point in arguing about calls like that outside of the time and place it happened in. I wouldnt even consider it a game altering call.

What I will say is that there better be a fine levied cause that was ridiculous, even Wade was shocked that he got the call for a bit. He knew what he did and couldnt believe he got away with it.

I'm gonna try and rewatch the fourth at some point today, becuase I want to see what happened.

IMO Manu has to start and everyone has to get pushed up a spot. Manu at the 2, Green at the 3(He can do a good job on bron, his defense is under rated), Kawhi at the 4 to give better close outs on the threes, and Duncan at the 5. Theres no way you're handling Chris Bosh floating out there, you just gotta let it happen.
Yikes. If that is Pop's line of thinking, then Miami will win the next 3. You do not beat Miami by trotting out smallball lineups
laugh.gif
that's a surefire way to lose.

That particular lineup u threw out hasn't even spent a significant amount of time together.
I see where you're coming from, but I feel like if theres any team that can go small and still keep up with Miami its us.

You do lose out on a lot though, giving up the rebounding and the defense. The lineup would probably involve Diaw in some fashion. 

I dont see how people are calling this game a surefire blowout or Miami is going to take both home games, I dont see the Heat being that dominant over the Spurs at any point during this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom