2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The focus is on the Thunder because Durant is the MVP, because Russ is Russ, and because it's more "fun" to play "what if" with trade scenarios and new coaches and all that... but the real story is the Spurs are better.

Top to bottom, from coach to the last guy on the bench, they're the better team. The Thunder didn't lose because KD is "passive" or because Russ is "selfish" it's because the Spurs are better.

The west is to damn hard and stacked. I can legitimately see all 8 in the finals. Everyone has an equal shot.

Last edited:
All these irrational scenarios and knee jerk reactions about what the Thunder should "do," or what they should "fix" to help win a ring because it's ring or bust.

That's flat out stupid.

Winning a ring in the NBA is hard flat out. Takes some incredible good luck. OKC has a great team, KD and Russ are elite, championship level players / tandem. Things happen. Make or miss league. KD and Russ both missed some shots in OT that they normally make. Ibaka has been great against TD all series and fouls him, then gets scored on. Things happen. Slippage happens. Reload, minor tweaks maybe, and come back and try and win it all next year. They lost to a really, really good team.

Man exactly, people act like more than one team can win each year. There are some good teams in the NBA. So many greats walk away without rings because of this. In any sport! It's not NBA LIVE, or whatever game is hot these days

Last edited:
Forget the stats line it's about winning games. Both WestBrook and KD are shoot first ask questions later type players. You can't have 2 of those types of players because they do not compliment one another. It's not hard to understand. They don't even know who should have the ball in their hands at the end of games because they both think that they're the man. That says it all.

Again, what play are they running? Who has what assignment? Who plays what role? All coaching aspects of the game. Look at wade, bron, and bosh. Spo drew up a system that works. Watch OKC games and count how many touches the ball gets before being shot and you'll see the number is 2 at the most during broken plays.

You want to change the paint when the engine is the problem.

Listen to durant we took it to ot
Dude sounds proud of himself
While russ look half dead up there
Straight up exhausted lol

Last edited:
The focus is on the Thunder because Durant is the MVP, because Russ is Russ, and because it's more "fun" to play "what if" with trade scenarios and new coaches and all that... but the real story is the Spurs are better.

Top to bottom, from coach to the last guy on the bench, they're the better team. The Thunder didn't lose because KD is "passive" or because Russ is "selfish" it's because the Spurs are better.

I would disagree, the Thunder were a more talented team,but Pop killed that noise and coached. So yea I disagree with myself, the Spurs were better, you win, repped

I would disagree, the Thunder were a more talented team,but Pop killed that noise and coached. So yea I disagree with myself, the Spurs were better, you win, repped

you win the internet today. the whole ******* internet.

poplaugh35sw4.gif
equal parts terrifying and hilarious
Ole variant Jigsaw looking mutha....
laugh.gif

Again, what play are they running? Who has what assignment? Who plays what role? All coaching aspects of the game. Look at wade, bron, and bosh. Spo drew up a system that works. Watch OKC games and count how many touches the ball gets before being shot and you'll see the number is 2 at the most during broken plays.

Again I already stated that the coach should be fired. In fact, he should have been fired. That's only 1 of the problems though but I agree it's a huge problem. KD and Russ need to find a pecking order. Wade and Bosh made Spo's job easier by letting LeBron be the lead man. Both sacrificed their individual games for the good of the team. Who is going to do that between Russ and KD?

Last edited:
“@Caplan_NBA: Tough year for #Thunder. Remember, Westbrook had 2 knee surgeries after the initial 1 last April. Lose Ibaka for 1st 2 games.”

Can't wait to see lamb and Adams next year.. Hopefully pj3 actually gets to play

You know who would be a good coach for your Thunder. 

Throw a fit if you want after hearing this, but I honestly believe it. 

D'antoni, and this is coming from a Laker fan 
laugh.gif
. That roster is perfect for him. Absolutely perfect. 

you win the internet today. the whole ******* internet.
Lettuce be cereal

Does Big J ever lose? :lol:

I'm say this and I'm going to sleep.

Scott Brooks has to go.

Watching that game straight pissed me off.

You got Russ and KD and the best damn play you can keep coming up with to get KD open is a simple pin down?

Even if KD has cooled down he's still Kevin ******* Durant. How about a pick and roll with KD setting the pick, maybe a double screen I mean it was truly blowing my mind watching that struggle offense with that much talent on the floor.

Even if you make Durant a decoy for Russ that would have been better than what happened in OT.

How someone can watch this game and see POP draw up a play that got a wide open 3 with misdirection, then watch Brooks draw up a play that caused a timeout to be called then run the exact same play. I just don't understand how someone can watch that game and say coaching doesn't matter.

Oh that was big j 33 big j 33 with the vid, @do work son with the comment. Stockton to Malone assist it seems, as always.
Cute. I'm basketballed out now, the jokes got me in the soft spot, until next time.
Godspeed

Don't take it personal :lol: The way you said that just reminded me of the Rick James skit. It's not a shot at you.

How someone can watch this game and see POP draw up a play that got a wide open 3 with misdirection, then watch Brooks draw up a play that caused a timeout to be called then run the exact same play. I just don't understand how someone can watch that game and say coaching doesn't matter.
He definitely did run the exact same play
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom