2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Paul Pierce or KG ever became Spurs I would probably still boo them.
or if anyone from ATL got traded there
Kevin Willis 
nerd.gif

Kevin Willis :nerd:

Nah once they leave ATL, theyre good in my eyes. The real issue is when players that I'm fond of go there. Theyre added to the boo list.

FREE JEFF TEAGUE.

LU & horford too

I had a few friends sitting courtside at the Grizz vs Suns game and they boo'ed Prince after he missed a few FT's. He went like 0-4 from the line. When they came back down the court after Phoenix last possession, Prince knocked down a 3 point shot, looked at them and said "Boo dat" :rofl:

I always thought it would fire a player up, especially if he's playing bad.

OKC fans don't even boo Fisher, Thabo, and Perkins. It's more a groan of disapproval that crescendos until the inevitable fail of a play is finished, kind of like whenever Josh Smith used to t up 3ees
I aint mad at Thabo. But why in the blue hell is Perk and Fish still getting pt?

:lol:  is Thabo THAT bad?

Perk and Fish are always tryin  to be extra out there, i cant stand those two.

Thabo hasn't been contributing much at all,

especially on the offensive end.

Dude is bombin' in a contract year.

Missin' fast break lay ups, pump fakin' open 3s...

I'd feel more up to starting Andre Roberson,

whom filled in admirably in his starts this year.

Julius F. Wrek

But you gotta respect what Ainge is doing out there in Boston. Acquiring a 1st rounder in such a talented draft
They only receive a first rounder if Philly makes the playoffs.

So in all likelihood, they just received two 2nd rounders in exchange for their 3rd leading scorer.

Last edited:
Thought Roberson was Thabo's replacement from the jump

Give him time and he can be a better version of him 3 & D wise, he's also a hell of a rebounder.

Brooks gotta be the most young talent averse coach ever, guy has nothing but good young prospects on his roster but would rather play guys who have proven they are beyond their effective years

For people interested in draft stuff, HERE is the latest big board from ESPN

Their top 5:

1 Embiid
2 Wiggins
3 Parker
4 Randle
5 Exum

If Embiid is as good as he looks he's a worthy #1.  Anyway we know from history that a projected franchise center will always go first.

If Embiid is as good as he looks he's a worthy #1.  Anyway we know from history that a projected franchise center will always go first.

The upside is way too large and they benefit a team way too much thats if they pan out tho

If Wiggins pans out he will be great but the skills hes lacking cant be learned at the next level

Speaking of the draft...

I mentioned the Celtics earlier. Totally didn't realize what their future drafting situation looks like.

2014 first (their own)
2014 first (the less desirable pick between the Nets and Hawks)
2014 first/second (depends on whether or not the Sixers make the playoffs - also carries over to the next season)
2014 second (Nets)
2014 second (Warriors)

2015 first (their own)
2015 first (Clippers)
2015 second (their own)
2015 second (Kings)

2016 first (their own)
2016 first (Nets)
2016 second (their own)
2016 second (Heat)

2017 first (their own - swappable with the Nets)
2017 second (Kings)

2018 first (their own)
2018 first (Nets)
2018 second (their own)

Last edited:
And Ainge knows how to either turn who is left into more picks or keep Rondo and turn some of those picks into something to put along side him.

Kev, you think Rondo/Hayward works?

even if he doesnt pan out he can still become a decent defensive anchor, if wiggins doesnt pan out hes very average

i dont think he has a history of injuries or anything

Why does Wiggins look like a better draft prospect than Parker? Just potential upside? I haven't watched all that much of either this season, but from what I hear, Parker looks to be the better player right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom