2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not winning a championship with him deferring to Westbrook. I just don't see it, it'll be the same thing that happened 2 years ago in the finals. You can't be the best scorer in the league and you're worried about getting your PG shots. Play your game. The same way how LeBron stopped worrying about getting Wade going and Wade fell back some, it was better for the Heat. Durant needs to stay aggressive if he wants to win.

We'll see but I don't see KD being the one to make that decision, it will have to be Westbrook changing his game or coming to him saying he'll step back. KD called himself The Servant for a reason, all that humble/team first **** ain't a put on with him, even when it's to his detriment.

How much do you want him to step back though? Him NOT being who he HAS been wouldn't result in the level of success they have had in the past. How much stepping back should he do?

They're not winning a championship with him deferring to Westbrook. I just don't see it, it'll be the same thing that happened 2 years ago in the finals. You can't be the best scorer in the league and you're worried about getting your PG shots. Play your game. The same way how LeBron stopped worrying about getting Wade going and Wade fell back some, it was better for the Heat. Durant needs to stay aggressive if he wants to win.

LeBron didn't stop worrying about Wade until Wade decided to let Bron run the show.

In this case, it comes down to Russell taking a step back and letting KD do his thing. He doesn't have to take a big step back like Wade did, but he has to understand in order to win a championship the offense must run through KD.

Last edited:
Westbrook took 12 shots and played only 24 minutes. He wasn't the problem, not even top 3 in things I would mention. He had a single handed 10pt run to end the 2nd half that bought the game back.

1, as has been the case always against this Miami team (they have won 9 of the last 10 meetings), is Perkins. You just can't continue to start him against htis team like it's OK to spot Miami 15 pts at the beginning of the game and 2nd half. His negative stats weren't as terrible as they typically are, but just his presence clogs the lane, invites Miami's swarming defense to help off him and double team/jump any pick and rolls or pindown action which is their strength defensively, and he just adds nothing to the game. Don't know why Brooks took forever to go to Jones too when that's the lineup that won it last meeting with the Jones, Durant, Ibaka frontcourt which is all types of long and athletic, this time he bought Lamb in first who couldn't guard anybody nor hit the broad side of a barn.

KD didn't take a shot in the first 6 minutes or whatever the stat was, because he kept turning the ball over making that predictable pocket pass and there was 2 passes to the aforementioned black hole of suck that ended up being TOs. 2/3 I would say coaching and rotations, which are all basically the same thing but like we cut the lead to 9 at one point and Brooks had KD and Russ on the bench.

But yes, LeBron came out far more aggressive as if to make a statement than KD did. I don't think last night undoes what KD did all this season or Jan 29, but at the same time I wasn't one of the ones so quick to dismiss LeBron and be on this "KD has taken the #1 spot," bandwagon either. Way premature.

Westbrook took 12 shots and played only 24 minutes. He wasn't the problem, not even top 3 in things I would mention. He had a single handed 10pt run to end the 2nd half that bought the game back.

1, as has been the case always against this Miami team (they have won 9 of the last 10 meetings), is Perkins. You just can't continue to start him against htis team like it's OK to spot Miami 15 pts at the beginning of the game and 2nd half. His negative stats weren't as terrible as they typically are, but just his presence clogs the lane, invites Miami's swarming defense to help off him and double team/jump any pick and rolls or pindown action which is their strength defensively, and he just adds nothing to the game. Don't know why Brooks took forever to go to Jones too when that's the lineup that won it last meeting with the Jones, Durant, Ibaka frontcourt which is all types of long and athletic, this time he bought Lamb in first who couldn't guard anybody nor hit the broad side of a barn.

KD didn't take a shot in the first 6 minutes or whatever the stat was, because he kept turning the ball over making that predictable pocket pass and there was 2 passes to the aforementioned black hole of suck that ended up being TOs. 2/3 I would say coaching and rotations, which are all basically the same thing but like we cut the lead to 9 at one point and Brooks had KD and Russ on the bench.

But yes, LeBron came out far more aggressive as if to make a statement than KD did. I don't think last night undoes what KD did all this season or Jan 29, but at the same time I wasn't one of the ones so quick to dismiss LeBron and be on this "KD has taken the #1 spot," bandwagon either. Way premature.

Too many facts dug.

Let's just continue w/ the Westbrook rhetoric. It's more fun.

Stephen A Smith was hilarious after the game last night.

Just basically said that the Heat are easily 3 peating, and that we all better pray the Spurs get back to the finals because OKC just can't beat Miami

that's the usually Stephen A Smith.

but he was right about one thing if wade plays like Miamis unstoppable there's really nothing a team can do.

Perk might be is the worst player in the NBA who gets minutes.

It doesn't matter how poorly he plays either. Only reason Brooks took him out last night was because he tore his groin, not even his typically ineffective play last night and huge historical pileup of evidence that he doesn't work in this matchup particularly. In fact there was another quote recently that just confirmed what anybody with a brain alreayd knows aobut Brooks, he doesn't value or understand advanced (or even basic) stats. He said something silly like, "there's so much out there, I don't understand it." Perk sucks under advanced stats, simple stats, eye test, in the rain, snow, sleet, cold, hot, on a color tv, black and white tv, in SD, high resolution, on Monday, Tuesday, Wesnesday, etc. We're all beyond tired of this refusal to address his playing time accordingly under the defense of, "well he's a locker room guy," and "he might get upset and be a disruption to chemistry," is what the homers always say. If we make the finals again and Miami is the matchup, I might just have to take matters into my own hands and grab a few of the Hoover dudes I hoop with and kidnap him or something. I am a nice guy, don't want to hurt him, he has a family, but I gotta keep him out of that gym or he's starting and getting 25 minutes regardless.

Perk might be is the worst player in the NBA who gets minutes.
It doesn't matter how poorly he plays either. Only reason Brooks took him out last night was because he tore his groin, not even his typically ineffective play last night and huge historical pileup of evidence that he doesn't work in this matchup particularly. In fact there was another quote recently that just confirmed what anybody with a brain alreayd knows aobut Brooks, he doesn't value or understand advanced (or even basic) stats. He said something silly like, "there's so much out there, I don't understand it." Perk sucks under advanced stats, simple stats, eye test, in the rain, snow, sleet, cold, hot, on a color tv, black and white tv, in SD, high resolution, on Monday, Tuesday, Wesnesday, etc. We're all beyond tired of this refusal to address his playing time accordingly under the defense of, "well he's a locker room guy," and "he might get upset and be a disruption to chemistry," is what the homers always say. If we make the finals again and Miami is the matchup, I might just have to take matters into my own hands and grab a few of the Hoover dudes I hoop with and kidnap him or something. I am a nice guy, don't want to hurt him, he has a family, but I gotta keep him out of that gym or he's starting and getting 25 minutes regardless.

Looking forward to Clips v. Grizz tonight. Its the first time we've faced Memphis since Blake's been on his scoring run; can't wait to see if he can keep it up against his old nemesis Z-Bo.

IMO KD isn't a defensive maven NOT because he is too skinny, but because his he doesn't have a strong core nor legs. He has plenty of length to guard guys like Lebron but can't move laterally to stay with LBJ all game. He's a gym rat but obviously doesn't spend enough time developing his core and leg strength

Spot on

I'm amazed at how Brooks keeps trotting Perkins out there. What is he, like a -37 when he's on the floor? The way Reggie Miller was talking about Perkins pregame, you would've thought he was prime Alonzo Mourning

Looking forward to Clips v. Grizz tonight. Its the first time we've faced Memphis since Blake's been on his scoring run; can't wait to see if he can keep it up against his old nemesis Z-Bo.

I was coming in here to say...this is Blake's chance to prove that he's a much better player and murder ZBo. I don't know if it'll happen, though. I think ZBo still gets in his head.

I was coming in here to say...this is Blake's chance to prove that he's a much better player and murder ZBo. I don't know if it'll happen, though. I think ZBo still gets in his head.

Plus, Memphis is so good defensively as a team, I have a hard time seeing Blake putting up 30+ tonight. But we'll see. Should be a good game. Hopefully for us the real CP3 shows up and not the imposter that played against the Spurs the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom