2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddick is much better than C Billups.

BG is actually healthy. (And has improved)

Last year the Clips were all set for the 2nd round before BG got hurt and they won 55 games with him. Up 2-0 against Memphis before BG got hurt.
I understand that, but you didn't answer the question. Rivers matters. If this Sterling thing happened with Del Negro...

they did get to the 2nd round with del negro

and they only won 1 more game this year

They would have got to the 2nd round again with Del Negro if BG doesn't get hurt. JJ Reddick is 16 a game. Del Negro didn't have that. He had old man billups. But even so, they were essentially a 2nd round team with Del Negro as well.

Posted yet?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Too good.

Russ being selfish.. Durant being "passive".. all of that has very little to do with OKC giving up damn near 70 points in a half.

Doesn't look like Russ nor KD are being passive. They both played pretty well and under control in that first half. CP just got really hot and the Thunder lost ground against the Clippers 2nd unit.

They've got to find a way to defend against the Clippers ball movement.

I don't think they were selfish or passive.. but that's the narrative people have for those two. They focus on Russ/KD when the larger issue is Brooks and the team overall.

I understand that, but you didn't answer the question. Rivers matters. If this Sterling thing happened with Del Negro...

"If?" We have no idea how a del negro led clippers team would have handled that so that's useless to bring up.

Does Rivers matter? Yes. But I would honestly say marginally. The Clips were really good with Del Negro too.

seems like one of those games though, clippers are going to hit a 3 every time the thunder go on a run and win by 10-15

y'all "coaching doesn't matter" folks kill me 
laugh.gif

Brooks is terrible man. CP3 showin out though and that's the heart of the problem for this game, along with the fact that Westbrook is being overly aggressive.

"If?" We have no idea how a del negro led clippers team would have handled that so that's useless to bring up.

Does Rivers matter? Yes. But I would honestly say marginally. The Clips were really good with Del Negro too.
Sports conversations usually consist of if's but I understand your hesitation to address that.

Del Negro definitely got too much blame however to marginalize the impact of coaching is pretty lazy.

Been saying Del Negro wasn't as horrible as yall made him out to be. Is he Doc, no..but the clippers are only marginally better with Rivers.

Del Negro coached his talent well. Doc is a better coach though..but they're at essentially the same place.

Russ being selfish.. Durant being "passive".. all of that has very little to do with OKC giving up damn near 70 points in a half.

Doesn't look like Russ nor KD are being passive. They both played pretty well and under control in that first half. CP just got really hot and the Thunder lost ground against the Clippers 2nd unit.

They've got to find a way to defend against the Clippers ball movement.

I don't think they were selfish or passive.. but that's the narrative people have for those two. They focus on Russ/KD when the larger issue is Brooks and the team overall.

Our bench is 2 for 12 too. People act like Russ isn't 6 for 8, all good shots. I don't think he has even taken a 3 yet. The 5 tos certainly hurts though, but we have to clean up our pick and roll coverage. We're doing the bring a 3rd defender into it thing and for some reason you keep ending up with Westbrook covering Blake and DeAndre on lobs and at the basket

And Rivers is extra ordinary to me as a coach, as in very. People act like he hadn't failed in Orlando and Boston and was about to get fired before Pierce, Allen, and Garnett decided to come play for him. Any coach not named Brooks or McHale could have contended with that lineup they had

Last edited:

Sports conversations usually consist of if's but I understand your hesitation to address that.

Del Negro definitely got too much blame however to marginalize the impact of coaching is pretty lazy.
its one thing to use ifs for basketball related topics, but no one knows how vinny would have handled that non basketball issue differently than doc.

the way doc handled it is overblown by the media anyways

Offense is def. not OKC's problem right now. Russ is 6/8 shooting, KD is 5/11. They have 52 at the half. They just can't stop the Clips right now.

Wait didn't someone say the same coaches have all the championships and then turn around and say coaching doesn't matter?

This thread is starting to run together so I don't remember if it was the same person or not but yeah that doesn't make sense.

Wait didn't someone say the same coaches have all the championships and then turn around and say coaching doesn't matter?

This thread is starting to run together so I don't remember if it was the same person or not but yeah that doesn't make sense.
It was sea manup

Fair enough. And I've been quoted on here even last year saying Del Negro wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be.

I just feel like coaches are as good as their rosters. The Clippers from top to bottom are seriously stacked. They're more stacked than OKC.

coaching does matter, doc and thibs are just very overrated as coaches

I think coaching matters, but only marginally. You can only do so much with 24 seconds. At the end of the day, you have to have players that can make the plays, that make you look like a great coach.

Fair enough. And I've been quoted on here even last year saying Del Negro wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be.

I just feel like coaches are as good as their rosters. The Clippers from top to bottom are seriously stacked. They're more stacked than OKC.
I actually agree but I definitely believe coaching matters a bit more than you do. I was always one saying how the Clippers just needed to give Griffin and Jordan time to evolve. They were not ready to advance as a team, period. Regardless of coach. However I think it's fair point to say Jordan improved more than anyone could have imagined. I give credit to Doc for that. Griffin on the other hand is just improving naturally as any player should who puts in the time in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom