2013 Academy Awards -- Picture: ARGO, Director: ANG LEE, Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Actor: Who else

What's gonna win Best Picture?

• Amour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argo

• Beasts of the Southern Wild

• Django Unchained

• Les Misérables

• Life of Pi

• Lincoln

• Silver Linings Playbook

• Zero Dark Thirty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a huge Tarantino fan and I did not like Django Unchained at all. I almost think if they casted Will Smith from the start, it would have been better. But still glad that he won for best screenplay. I just think it should have been for Inglorious Bastards.

I was entertained by Django from start to finish. Great humor, classic Tarantino directing and dialogue.

What did you hate about it? I can understand you saying "it isn't as good as everyone is making it to be", but hate? The movie was awesome, much deserving over Argo.

It was unnecessarily long, painfully boring, forcefully witty and the performances were lacking. I'll agree that Christoph Waltz was deserving of his Oscar. Though, I find it interesting that the best writing in the movie was for his character. 

For me Django went from great to good once the film headed toward its ending. For my preference it had the perfect pace then the typical Tarantino violence and gore happened and the sudden switch in tone kind of ruined it for me.

tumblr_mirhc8LyKn1qg60ado1_500.png

I don't understand how anyone can call Django boring. Long, yes, boring, absolutely not. There was not a dull scene in the movie.
There were many dull scenes in the movie. You obviously can't understand it because you're unwilling to accept other perspectives exist aside from yours. 

"There were many dull scenes in the movie"

Doesn't explain any dull scenes in the movie.

And Wahlberg's "No BS, we have a tie" was the underrated moment of the night. 

"There were many dull scenes in the movie"

Doesn't explain any dull scenes in the movie.

And Wahlberg's "No BS, we have a tie" was the underrated moment of the night. 
I don't have to explain myself. Just like he doesn't have to explain how there was not a dull scene. 

And Wahlberg's line was properly rated. 

I don't have to explain myself. Just like he doesn't have to explain how there was not a dull scene. 

No, you do. I'd have to explain how every single scene wasn't dull, the burden of proof is on you. Which scenes were dull? 

No, you do. I'd have to explain how every single scene wasn't dull, the burden of proof is on you. Which scenes were dull? 

whats it matter? you're probably not going to agree with him, and his opinion wont change. just accept the fact people have differing view points from you :lol:

whats it matter? you're probably not going to agree with him, and his opinion wont change. just accept the fact people have differing view points from you
laugh.gif
This is a discussion board, the entire point is for people to share their opinions. If everyone just agreed to disagree there would be no point to forums.

Your second sentence does not make sense. Also, no, I don't. However, if you're really interested, I'd be more than happy to get on the phone with you and have a conversation about why I thought the movie was atrocious. To explain in this thread, it would take more time than I'd be willing to commit to typing. 

Sigh..

It's not a competition... it's a conversation. If you say there were dull scenes, just name some so we can know what you're referring to. Otherwise, what you're doing is giving your opinion but withholding any kind of details that could warrant a discussion about it. Which is quite pointless. No one's mind is probably going to change, but if people explain why they liked your so called "dull scenes", then you can see where people are coming from and vice versa.

And ironically, you accuse the other person of being unable to accept other perspectives, which is exactly what you're doing.

Your second sentence does not make sense. Also, no, I don't. However, if you're really interested, I'd be more than happy to get on the phone with you and have a conversation about why I thought the movie was atrocious. To explain in this thread, it would take more time than I'd be willing to commit to typing. 
It makes perfect sense. You said "Just like he doesn't have to explain how there was not a dull scene." That would literally require me to describe how every single scene is engaging, which is ridiculous. If you think there are "many" dull scenes, surely you can at least remember one of them?

Sigh..

It's not a competition... it's a conversation. If you say there were dull scenes, just name some so we can know what you're referring to. Otherwise, what you're doing is giving your opinion but withholding any kind of details that could warrant a discussion about it. Which is quite pointless. No one's mind is probably going to change, but if people explain why they liked your so called "dull scenes", then you can see where people are coming from and vice versa.

And ironically, you accuse the other person of being unable to accept other perspectives, which is exactly what you're doing.
To respond to your last point, when did I show that I was unable to accept another's perspective? I recall simply posing a question: "Why?" That was it. I was curious. Never did I reject another person's point of view. 

Also, I honestly don't feel strongly enough to write out which scenes I found dull.

It makes perfect sense. You said "Just like he doesn't have to explain how there was not a dull scene." That would literally require me to describe how every single scene is engaging, which is ridiculous. If you think there are "many" dull scenes, surely you can at least remember one of them?
I think you need to go back to grade school to work on your reading comprehension skills. 

whats your number?

I haven't seen Django, but I can say that some of the tangents that Tarantino likes to have his characters go on gets boring. It's hit or miss for me, I find.

I think you need to go back to grade school to work on your reading comprehension skills. 
While I can guarantee my reading comprehension skills are at the very least equal to yours, you're missing the point entirely. If you are trying to argue something without providing specifics, it's impossible for someone to address specifically why you are wrong. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom