2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

In order to cover something up, they'd have to actually discover it. They made no attempts at a legit investigation so they didn't really cover anything up.

If they investigated, found dirt, and THEN decided to sweep it under the rug it would have been a cover up. They basically just said F following any leads and dropped the case before even finding any evidence to cover up.

The dirt was smack dab in their face! Then they made the desicion to not investigate further. So how is that not a cover up?

The dirt was smack dab in their face! Then they made the desicion to not investigate further. So how is that not a cover up?

Or, if you read articles from around the time that the issue broke, w/ a timeline of events, then you'd see that this really isn't the case

NYT article is doing it's job

Last edited:

Article is pretty clear that there were numerous leads the police could have chosen to follow, but didn't. Such as the security footage from the club that night, which the police never even bothered to access.

They chose not to pursue and discover the facts. That's different from deliberately covering the facts up or trying to hide them.

Bro if you really think that FSU has Willie Meggs in their back pocket, I have some oceanfront land in Nebraska to sell you

I didn't say that. But coming from Nebraska and seeing how we treated players like Lawrence Phillips and Ndamukong Suh I'm not naive to the fact that schools turn a blind eye to star players. Let that had of been the second string linebacker they would have convicted him and threw away the damn key

I didn't say that. But coming from Nebraska and seeing how we treated players like Lawrence Phillips and Ndamukong Suh I'm not naive to the fact that schools turn a blind eye to star players. Let that had of been the second string linebacker they would have convicted him and threw away the damn key

Wasn't referring to you

But FSU had a starting/NFL bound DT get accused of rape/sexual assault and that went to trial and he was found not guilty (Under Willie Meggs' watch)
Last summer there was a rape/sexual assault case on a reserve WR and his case will be going to court sometime in the fall.

There wasn't a blind eye turned to the Star or the reserve & the reserve didn't get any extra investigation into his case that the other guy didn't

TPD has been getting sued for the way that they handle cases for years

Last edited:
I'm not accusinG Meggs of anything. This was all on TPD. Theyre the ones who decided to not follow the obvious leads right in their face. Any prosecutor wouldnt have been able to do much with the way TPD conducted the investigation.

But I already know from 1st hand experience.how incompetent TPD is.

I'm not accusinG Meggs of anything. This was all on TPD. Theyre the ones who decided to not follow the obvious leads right in their face. Any prosecutor wouldnt have been able to do much with the way TPD conducted the investigation.

But I already know from 1st hand experience.how incompetent TPD is.

Yeah I know you didn't, your post just happened to be above mine. That was a response to:

You should have knew it was a cover up once wills megs came out in that announcement with a damn garnet tie on and started making jokes during the press conference

Come on man none of those players are the type of player Winston is a huge icon he was a heisman front Runer. Could megs not have the police department look into stuff like the cameras or stuff like that. Im sure pot belly's still had the footage from that night.

Come on man none of those players are the type of player Winston is a huge icon he was a heisman front Runer. Could megs not have the police department look into stuff like the cameras or stuff like that. Im sure pot belly's still had the footage from that night.

And when the accusations occurred he had yet to take a snap on the field, so why would Meggs go about trying to suppress stuff then? He wasn't a Heisman candidate or front runner when the **** happened or when the victim's attorney said that she would review all the evidence that there was w/ her client and contact the lead investigator if they wanted to pursue it further (which they never did)

So yeah, Meggs (whos known for putting the squeeze on players) is definitely apart of some grand coverup over about a year+ span. Makes sense.

Meggs wouldnt even let Pete skate for discounted FUBU yet hell cover up a rape, Oh, ok.

Last edited:

Today Syracuse Football unveiled their new Nike Pro Combat football uniform design for the 2014 season. Syracuse’s football history is highlighted by a string of legends, all sharing the number 44. Since 1954, 11 players have worn the number and three earned All-America honors.

Their collective legacy has forged the familiar Syracuse “legend of 44” story, transcending football to become part of the fabric of the university. The number 44 has been woven into campus landscapes, zip code, and even the school’s phone extensions.

This new 2014 uniform design connects the team’s past and present. The “legend of 44,” as well as the influence of New York state serve as inspiration for Syracuse’s trio of new uniforms. Referencing the strong heritage of past teams, the design incorporates influences from the university’s “quad” building in the center of campus, as well as from the modern gothic architecture seen in downtown New York City and on the Syracuse campus.

Custom numbers appear tall and narrow, mimicking the height of New York City’s skyline. The numbers also feature a unique 44-degree linear “V” pattern. This pattern is mirrored on the uniform pant lines and shoulder panels for unified positioning of the Orange as New York's college team.

At home, Syracuse will wear their familiar navy uniform finished by an orange anodized helmet with navy embellishments. The white away jersey and pant feature navy stripes and are capped by a white matte-finish helmet. The team’s new alternate dark steel grey uniform with orange stripes will feature a navy helmet to complete the design trio.

Further graphic details on the uniform help reinforce the history of Syracuse football:

On the neck, the number 44 is proudly displayed in a military-inspired graphic patch that references the quad and its crossing walkways, the legend of 44, and the team’s annual trip to Fort Drum, N.Y., each year to train with the military. Fort Drum is also home to the 10th Mountain Division, of which Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman was a member.
The away uniform is embellished with “D.I.S.C.I.P.L.I.N.E” at the inside back of the neck, referencing Coach Shafer’s mantra. The word serves as an inspiration to the athletes each time they put on their jerseys, and also pays homage to the team’s military training at Fort Drum.
The words “Lock the Gate,” appear on the inside neck of the home jersey as a reminder of the team’s pre-game ritual and the importance of winning at home.
The school’s familiar block “S,” logo will anchor all three helmets. Each helmet will also feature the word “CUSE” on front and “ORANGE” on the back. An outline of New York state is featured on the back of each helmet, with the block “S” logo placed where the city of Syracuse is located.
The uniform color schemes are mirrored in the Nike Pro Combat Hypercool baselayer, socks and gloves connected to each uniform.

This fully integrated uniform system incorporates the latest in Nike’s performance innovation, where the athlete’s baselayer works in concert with the entire uniform – true innovation from the inside out. Lightweight padding is integrated directly into the crucial “hit zones” in the baselayer. Innovations include integrated Flywire technology in the neckline for reduced weight and lockdown fit over pads. Additionally, increased sleeve articulation provides better range of motion, and four-way stretch fabrication delivers a streamlined, shrink-wrap fit.

Also, they announced that LSU will come to the Carrier Dome in September '15 with SU going to Baton Rouge in '17.

Last edited:
Being modeled in New York City
LOL @ "New York City influenced".

Syracuse football doesn't have any NYC influences given or taken and interest in its basketball team is waning at best at this point.

The school's desperate to lock down that city base, modeling in mid town.  90% of NYCers can't point Syracuse out on a map.

/rant

The jerseys are pretty though. I expected with Illinois having identical colors, they'd basically get the same rebrand.

Last edited:
^ uh no. You dont know what your talking about. Cuse Football is still pretty strong in NYC considering they aren't very good and SU basketball is waning? Lmao wut

Being modeled in New York City

LOL @ "New York City influenced".

Syracuse football doesn't have any NYC influences given or taken and interest in its basketball team is waning at best at this point.

The school's desperate to lock down that city base, modeling in mid town.  90% of NYCers can't point Syracuse out on a map.

/rant

The jerseys are pretty though. I expected with Illinois having identical colors, they'd basically get the same rebrand.

Is that the reason you don't support the NY schools?

Back
Top Bottom