2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Apparently Oregon's mascot, Puddles, went skydiving and lost his dome and that it plummeted to the ground. Search is underway :lol:

Edit:

Crisis averted. Head found.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: before I start I am legit going to ask, if you are serious? If not, disregard.
If so, continue reading.
Yeah Im starting to worry about you.
you will find every way possible not lay any blame for anything at the feet of Lane Kiffin.
Lane was Head coach, and under his watch, we had sanctions for MULTIPLE infractions in a ONE YEAR STAY.
Everyone around Kiffin takes the blame, never him LOL you can NOT be that dense.
"oh it was just Coach O calling kids ... it was just the student managers deflating balls... it was Willie Mack garza sending money to Lyles... it was just Coach reeves sending Hostesses to HS games... It was Just Rubio going to St. Thomas Aquinas..."
:lol:
*salute to all the ostriches burying their heads in the sand to protect their head coach*
Next up, Oregon fans swearing Chip Kelly paid Lyles all that money to really only get film of Texas HS kids

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu No son, I know CFB is a dirty game, some of the petty things I don't think they are ordered by the man on top but still needs to fall on that sword (*media speak).

The recruiting game is dirty as hell, think it's funny when people say otherwise. This isn't a wholesome, "we are looking out for our student athletes, students first". That's a load of ****, you know it I know it.

It happened under his watch, no doubt, just find it funny how people are still hung up on it, to make a comment like "After 3 years..." as if it's even necessary.

We all know CFB and the powers that be, pick and choose who they want to "punish" and who they want to portray as a "good and clean" program. Bro Urban Meyer has been getting away with murrrrdaaa since his Utah days and not a peep from the NCAA.

So yeah, I think it's funny the attention that CLK gets, I just don't think he does anything that any other high profile coach does but the scope is on him for petty reasons.

...ball deflations...happen... teams break in balls differently and in different ways...no one likes stiff balls :smile:lol).
... not reporting injuries... many teams and coaches do it... Not requred like the NFL... CLK does it... lets crucify him.
... secondary violations... happen all the ******g time ...

You know it as well as I do, the underlings will always fall on the sword and protect the head of the snake, it's a common MO since it will dictate their next employment opportunity. Throw the head coach under the bus, good luck landing another job higher than the HS level.

Game recognize game.

Another Chip Kelly/Oregon note, heavy rumor, the real reason they are not entertaining kids that are already committed to other schools is that they don't want to give goodie bags (Bags filled with free Nike gear) to committed recruits under the NCAA microscope. :lol:, you have to use every advantage you have in order to sway these 17-19 year olds... can't blame Oregon. You don't have a Top 50 program without "cutting corners".

/rant

Last edited:
College football hits a landmark for black coaches

"...For the first time this week, according to Keith, there are four teams led by African-American head coaches ranked in the top 25. They are: Texas A&M (Kevin Sumlin), Stanford (David Shaw), Louisville (Charlie Strong) and Kent State (Darrell Hazell). They are young – three of four are in their first head coaching jobs – and they are being spoken of as "hot" names in a business that has traditionally been cold to minority leaders.

"It's a landmark, symbolic, watershed moment," says N. Jeremi Duru, author of Advancing the Ball: Race, Reformation, and the Quest for Equal Coaching Opportunity in the NFL.

"I think there's been a broadening of the pool of people to fill these jobs."

Last edited:
Damn, Rinaldi's story about Wake's QB coach and his baby son, pulling at the strings.

Sad story :frown:

If anybody knows a way to watch the FSU vs. Maryland game online I'd appreciate a PM.:nerd: (I've tried my normal links...nothin)

Guest picker on gameday was a local 5 year old legend for his CFB prowess.

Dude brought his own headgear too :pimp:

A76xNibCcAAKqM3.jpg:large

One of the funnier saturday selections i've ever seen.

can't wait for the USC vs UCLA game today...sad part is I am currently employed by UCLA but my old employer was USC :lol: gotta stay true though

TROJAN'S FTW!!!

**** yeah. I love Nike stuff, a lot better when it's free.

I though goodie bags were standard issue at most all places and it was legit? Of course this is coming from a guy who never went on a recruiting trip haha

For recruits? Preeeeeetty sure that's an NCAA violation. In fact, I think if a recruit shows up to a game and it's cold or raining, the school can only loan them a jacket and they have to give it back. for example.

We all know what really happens though.

Last edited:
4 possessions 4 TDs
331 yards
Maybe Denard was tough for Borges to play call for
I like seeing hi being used all over the field.
Have to get him ready for next year sometime.

Back
Top Bottom