2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Congratulations to Stanford, they earned their Rose Bowl berth.

We had a great season, now it's time to finish strong in whatever bowl game we end up in and hopefully recruit well again and come out strong next season against a tough schedule.

Tmay, ElderWatsondiggs where were yall at when Johnny Football lost against LSU and Florida? Where were yall at?

I have no doubt in my mind that Stanford could beat any team in the Sec......George/SC are chokes.....Florida, Bama and LSU are the only formidable opponents.

Stanford is better than Texas A&M...would beat them in a face off or bowl game. Etc.

If Texas A&M is so god and Johnny Football is so god like how come they aint run the table and aren't playing against Notre Dame in the NC...

Pac 12 is neck and neck with the SEC....

You got Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Zona
Zona State

Big 12 is also neck neck too

Stanford can beat any team in the SEC and Big 12.

What is this rambling nonsense? :lol: @ naming a bunch of 7-5 teams as evidence of the Pac 12 being on par with the SEC. You gotta do better than that if you're gonna call out the best conference, the Heisman trophy winner, and a couple established posters who have held it down in these threads for years.

Nice try though.

Hold on...this isn't that swiss cheese dude that was the huge Stanford homer back in the day is it? I can't remember his SN, I just remember the dude had a picture of a chunk of swiss cheese as his avy.

Or is it that AndrewLuck troll?

Last edited:
I'm not saying that, Stanford still lost to an 7-5 team. They deserved to be PAC 12 champs though.

Skrong and Fedora got interviewed today for Vols job,

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Formality or legitimate?

Is Gruden still a realistic target or is that simply a pipe dream?

Hope its Legit. I dont buy it. I'll believe Chollie being a legit candidate when I see him at the presser accepting the job.

not sure about Gruden, he is still wanted by the Money Men.

Think Hart has to show he is willing to move on to get some negotiating room.

and it wasnt Fedora last night , it was another coach... *shrugs*

Tmay, ElderWatsondiggs where were yall at when Johnny Football lost against LSU and Florida? Where were yall at?

I have no doubt in my mind that Stanford could beat any team in the Sec......George/SC are chokes.....Florida, Bama and LSU are the only formidable opponents.

[COLOR=#red]First off congratulations for your team (assuming you are a SU fan) winning last night and going to the Rose Bowl.

To answer your question where was I when we lost to Florida and LSU...I was in Houston watching the games. I was very impressed with how we did against Florida...was up for most of the game as a matter of fact. That's when I first saw Manziel who had a great game for a FROSH and it being our FIRST game in the SEC against a very good FLORIDA team and the ending score was 20-17. I knew right then that this could be a very special season for the team and our QB. BTW the LSU game went down to the wire. So if you are going to tell me that losing to two top 5 teams by a total of 8 points and beating Alabama at #1 on their home field with a freshman QB and our first year in the SEC while running up basketball like final scores is some type of failure...well then I have no more discussion with you because I only debate with rational people.

And no I haven't been a fan as long as tmay, but at least I'm rooting for my school, a place where for the next few years my time, money, research, dedication and effort will secure a great living for me and my family. So I can say "WE" when referring to A&M with pride. Not like I decided to go there because the football program was on the up and up...I personally thought we were going to be skewered our first year in the SEC if anything. Only ranking that really counts to me is Top 5...as in the top 5 school to get a Masters degree in any field petroleum related $$$$. [/COLOR]

Last edited:

i get no shout out from the troll?

when A&M lost to Florida I was on the field, in the southwest corner of the endzone, and when we lost to LSU i was on the 35 yard line in the first level.

bottom line is, our only losses came to the number 7 and 4 teams in the BCS standings, with a redshirt freshman at quarterback.

im sure baylor is happy seastrunk could figure out oregon 5 play playbook. dude is going to be a monster next year

Last edited:
Chris Petersen out of the running for Cal opening

By Jen Beyrle, Special Contributor to CSNNW.com (@JenBeyrle)

A source close to Chris Petersen has revealed that he will not be the next head football coach of the California Golden Bears. Petersen has been reported to be at the top of Cal’s wish list and after firing Jeff Tedford, the University of California reached out to Petersen. Petersen has been the head football coach at Boise State since 2006 and is in his coaching prime at age 48.

It seems that Petersen’s name is linked to every vacant head coaching job in the country. Over the past few years UCLA, Stanford, Washington and USC have all shown serious interest in Petersen. His name has also surfaced with current coaching openings at Arkansas, Auburn and Colorado.

Cal fans were hopeful Petersen would consider replacing Tedford. Petersen has northern California ties, as he was born and raised in Yuba City. He began his coaching career as the head freshman coach at UC Davis in 1987. In 1993, Petersen became the quarterbacks coach for the Portland State Vikings and two years later, Petersen became the receivers coach at Oregon and spent six years with Mike Bellotti.

In 2001, he became the offensive coordinator at Boise State and was then promoted to head coach for the 2006 season. Since becoming head coach in 2006, Petersen has posted an impressive 82-8 record and .911 winning percentage (the best at the FBS level). Petersen signed a contract extension earlier this year that pays him more than $2 million per year. He is under contract with the Broncos through January 2017.

Who knows what Petersen’s reaction would be to a head coaching opening at Oregon but it seems that he and his family are pretty happy at Boise State for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom