2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I read some speculation somewhere that Kiffin played them both to burn their redshirts and make it difficult for them to transfer out once he made a choice.

:lol:

Nah, what you probably read was that Kiffin never announced a back up to Matt Barkley, thus Kessler, nor Wittek did not transfer due to the fact that one was not higher on the depth chart than the other. They were both listed as the infamous OR after Barkley.

:lol: x2

They both redshirted in 2011, Wittek was the clear backup in 2012, lost the QB battle to Kessler during spring practice. Stop reading into gossip.

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Game of the year...I'm there!!!. Gig Em Aggies[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Ummmm...how about no.

Did you watch Bama against va tech, or even bother to look at the box score?

Their o-line struggled big time and AJ didn't look very good. The offense put up 14 points, and they got 21 points from a pick 6, punt return, a kickoff return. IMO, this is the weakest of the recent Bama teams.

Yeah I watch the game. The box score showed that they won. You think they really care about stats with a W in the column? That for people like you to ***** if they do bad or slurp them up when they do good. Oh, I didn't know that the defense and special teams aren't part of the game and they aren't allowed to score...news to me.

I guess you must of forgot they have 3 new starters on the offensive that was considered one of the best offensive line in the history of college football last year. So it going to take time for this line to gel.

I guess you must of forgot they have 3 new starters on the offensive that was considered one of the best offensive line in the history of college football last year. So it going to take time for this line to gel.

I'm pretty sure this was a part of the main point he was getting at. The offense wasn't particularly impressive, and that VT DL caused havoc for that OL all game.

I know but I think he need to worry more about A&M defensive line after their last two performances. If they are getting pushed around by Rice and Sam Houston State, I like our chances after 2 weeks of preparation.

I know but I think he need to worry more about A&M defensive line after their last two performances. If they are getting pushed around by Rice and Sam Houston State, I like our chances after 2 weeks of preparation.
:rofl:

This came about because you got butthurt that people said something negative about Bama, it seems like you didn't even care what was said and you just reacted.

The fact that there are 3 new starters on the OL, all that matters is a W, etc etc doesn't really do much to contest the idea that the offense wasn't too impressive in week 1 and definitely didn't look as strong as last year. The stats aspect I can ride with that it doesn't always tell the whole story and when it comes down to it a W is all that matters...for THAT game but you can't just disregard those stats when they just didn't look good. But it is only one game and maybe VT, particularly their D, is much better than everyone thought but they did a pretty good job against a Bama offense that didn't look like it has in its NC years. I'm sure it'll improve and the defense will pick up any shortcomings it might have but the point remains that while the defense and special teams score most definitely count, it doesn't mean that the offense can't be worse.

We're two weeks in and only one game in Bama's case, we all know by now that what happens to this point means nothing in determining the outcome of anything else this season. It's why I couldn't care less about Clemson being #3 right now, yeah the rankings make things fun for upsets and building excitement for games but that's about it. I haven't been able to watch every game but from what I've seen I don't know of any team other than Louisville (ACC! ACC!) that looks like they have a cakewalk to going undefeated. The winner of the Bama-A&M game is a clear favorite though. Everyone in the top 5 still has to face teams that are, for now, in the top 10-15.

What I'm trying to say is #DawgsOnTop

Last edited:

Ummmm...how about no.

Did you watch Bama against va tech, or even bother to look at the box score?

Their o-line struggled big time and AJ didn't look very good. The offense put up 14 points, and they got 21 points from a pick 6, punt return, a kickoff return. IMO, this is the weakest of the recent Bama teams.

Yeah I watch the game. The box score showed that they won. You think they really care about stats with a W in the column? That for people like you to ***** if they do bad or slurp them up when they do good. Oh, I didn't know that the defense and special teams aren't part of the game and they aren't allowed to score...news to me.

no offense but if your a power house in college football you know damn well just getting by with a W against VA tech won't cut it. Hell oregon dropped 66 in the first week and i wasn't happy about the win

We were missing multiple starters due to suspensions the first 2 games. Everyone will be back this weekend, minus Floyd Raven in the secondary due to breaking his collarbone bone last week.

I'm not saying they'll be lights out by any means, but at least the guys who should be starting will be out there. We're getting back a starting DE, LB, and CB.

Rice and Sam Houston also both run gimmicky option style offenses, for what that's worth.

Last edited:
Need the LBs to figure out gap assignments or it's gonna be a long day.

Ticket for the game fell through :smh:

Last edited:

I don't think it'll be as good as people think it will. Bamas offense sucks and Texas A&M can't stop anybody. It'll be 60 minutes of handing the ball off to TJ Yeldon.
Ummmm...how about no.
ok homer
laugh.gif

6 for 17 pn third down, 200 total yards, 110 yards passing on 24 attempts and 90 yards rushing on 38 attempts and your offense doesn't suck. 

christion jones alone on special teams out gained and outscored your offense. get out of here with that.

I'm pretty sure this was a part of the main point he was getting at. The offense wasn't particularly impressive, and that VT DL caused havoc for that OL all game.
exactly.  i say the offense sucked, he says no it didnt then talks about the defense.

Last edited:

We were missing multiple starters due to suspensions the first 2 games. Everyone will be back this weekend, minus Floyd Raven in the secondary due to breaking his collarbone bone last week.

I'm not saying they'll be lights out by any means, but at least the guys who should be starting will be out there. We're getting back a starting DE, LB, and CB.

Rice and Sam Houston also both run gimmicky option style offenses, for what that's worth.

the problems rice and sam houston gave us, i don't expect bama to give us because mccaron is obviously not a mobile QB. that isn't to say they'll give us different sorts of problems, but i think it's worth noting when you're talking about our performance vs rice and SHSU.

exactly.

Last edited:
:lol:
:lol: x2

They both redshirted in 2011, Wittek was the clear backup in 2012, lost the QB battle to Kessler during spring practice. Stop reading into gossip.

Well actually, you're wrong.

They both RS by default in 2011, neither took a snap that year. Kiffin never announced a backup. Barkley took every snap in 2011, do the research.

Back
Top Bottom