*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

We have a pretty manageable schedule outside the Packers, so we could still make the playoffs.

Thing is I think at this point it would be better to throw in the towel. Losing Briggs hurt us, but losing Tillman would be putting the nail in the coffin. I don't see the defense getting any better unless Ratliff comes back and plays well, which is wishful thinking. Our secondary which has been poor all season just lost their best corner. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

And I've backed Cutler for his entire tenure here - but even I realize at this point it's probably better to move on. He hasn't played a full season in a while and with the depth of this QB draft class we can snag someone in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd. McCown has proven to be serviceable and he'll be a lot cheaper than Cutler. Spend most of the cap on defensive FA's and pick up a corner/DT/DE in the draft.

tired.gif
JerMike.

I've feared the worst since the minute he went down...

Does this happen on other teams and I just don't notice or what? Nick Collins now JerMike gonna have their careers ended on this stuff in a span of less than 3 years... Damn man..

Good luck to Finley, whether he continues playing football or not, I hope he has a healthy and happy life.

There's life after football & that is most important. Wish Finley a speedy recovery.

Just looked at the Saints' schedule and Carolina's.

If the Lions' can take care of business I think we stand a really decent chance of getting a bye.

I still don't trust us in a bad weather game however if we can avoid having to play in elements at all we may be able to make some noise.

I have a really bad feeling about Sunday though.

70% chance of rain and windy :smh:

Last edited:
Looks like a Lions let down, defense looks terrible and Stafford with 2 misfires already that would have been 14 points

That final timeout we took after a dead ball probably cost us a TD going into the half but great quarter otherwise, Matt and Calvin are in sync and Joique running hard.

Really hoping the Bears and Lions lose today. If the Pack can steal a game against NY, they're back in first place.

A few day ago I said we would lose today and win out.

I think we lose @ New York now but that's it.

Lions' fans are freaking out and its funny to me. The Lions very well could fall on their face but for a team built like us with the injuries we had this game was going to be extremely hard to win. There were some bad play calls but we didn't score a point after it started raining harder. Play calls be damned no one else could catch a ball after beating single coverage.

We lose next week then I'll freak out.

Last edited:
our pass defense has to be one of the worst.... Reggie was off today.

I've never seen a team let 8 yard slants turn into 60 yard touchdowns like this years team. Like just make a simple tackle, I see that as a mental issue as opposed to physical that can be coached up but it's getting worse as the season progresses.....

Lions loss was huge, didn't lose a ton of ground. Aaron Rodgers apparently told Jason Wilde he's feeling that its possible he'll return Thanksgiving against the Lions. If we be the Vikings and Rodgers returns to beat the Lions I will be very confident with our playoff hopes. If we lose these next two games...yeaa ill be sad.

Last edited:
Lions loss was huge, didn't lose a ton of ground. Aaron Rodgers apparently told Jason Wilde he's feeling that its possible he'll return Thanksgiving against the Lions. If we be the Vikings and Rodgers returns to beat the Lions I will be very confident with our playoff hopes. If we lose these next two games...yeaa ill be sad.

If Rodgers ain't back by Sunday yall losing again.

Better start rooting for Tampa Bay.

Back
Top Bottom