2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

With the success of guys like RG3, Kaep, and RW, are there any QBs coming out in this years draft who would fit nicely in an NFL zone-read type of scheme?

Geno

And on a much, much, much lesser note, Colin Klein? :nerd: He's a broke man's Tebow with about a billion less fans. I don't think he can be an NFL QB, but he's a "football" player, if that makes sense.

Logan Thomas? :nerd: :lol:

EJ Manuel.

Not a lot there really. Those are big time projects outside of Geno.

Like the only draftable Duck I've seen in 15+ years. I guess band aid could count, but I tend to stay away from guys that spend 16 weeks bein listed on the injury reports. :lol:

But Jordan has a shot. I have no idea if he'll translate, but he has the size for the spot, if he gets the right staff to draft him, he could be a monster out there.

Geno
And on a much, much, much lesser note, Colin Klein? :nerd: He's a broke man's Tebow with about a billion less fans. I don't think he can be an NFL QB, but he's a "football" player, if that makes sense.
Logan Thomas? :nerd: :lol:
EJ Manuel.
Not a lot there really. Those are big time projects outside of Geno.

I think Colin Klein is gonna make his bread/butter in the NFL as a WR. He's got experience there, so it's not going to be like Matt Jones 2.0 I think :lol:

*Not this year....but Marcus Mariota has to be licking his chops at the prospect of playing a little zone read on the next level.

Colin Klen (@ WR) will run into the same problems that Matt Jones (aside from Cocaine) ran into and that other WR's like Reggie Williams ran into. Do you see him being able to get off press coverage and get separation?

WR? I would peg him as more of a TE if he gets beefier. What's going to happen to Klein is what should've happened with Tebow, but Tebow more of an H back type.

Last edited:
Colin Klen (@ WR) will run into the same problems that Matt Jones (aside from Cocaine) ran into and that other WR's like Reggie Williams ran into. Do you see him being able to get off press coverage and get separation?

That's a good question.

I just came across this as well.

Responding to a previous report by ESPN’s Adam Schefter that Collin Klein would not be invited to the Senior Bowl next January, ESPN NFL Draft analysts Mel Kiper, Jr. and Todd McShay offered their take on Klein’s pro prospects on SportsCenter on Thursday morning. Both believe that, if Klein wants to play in the Senior Bowl and earn his place in the NFL, it will have to be at wide receiver.

“Phil Savage is a great guy that handles the Senior Bowl now in terms of selecting the players,” Kiper said. “What I think Phil is going to look at is a position change to a wide receiver entity. Todd and I have talked about that a lot, not playing quarterback in the NFL. Go down to Mobile, Alabama to show he can catch the football. He did it as a [freshman] when he caught a touchdown pass at Kansas State. He’s 6-5, 226 pounds. I think given that opportunity, Todd, to play that receiver position, would maybe help him become a little bit of a higher draft choice. Certainly, I don’t think he’ll be a quarterback in the NFL.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...s-mel-kiper-jr-and-todd-mcshay-think-so.html/

651 - maybe if he could put on another 10 pounds or so, he could try to find his way as a hybrid TE, like Aaron Hernandez.

That's funny because I thought of the same name (Hernandez), but I never saw him as a WR so I don't know just how versatile he can be.

Think Sheldon Richardson from Missouri blows up the combine, and will be a top 10-15 pick

please baby jesus let the eagles get luke joeckel somehow..

he can come in right away and start at right tackle for us... then just need the rest of these things to happen to have a much improved oline:

1) hopefully peters can come back healthy next year (left tackle)

2)  then we can put herremans back at guard

3)  then hopefully kelce comes back healthy at center

4) then watkins and mathis can battle it out for the right guard spot

Back
Top Bottom