2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very evident that Nowitzki took a paycut for a day like this. In Kobe‘s case, none of this mattered.

It was clear, guys like Tim, Dirk, and Brady took a pay cut to entice a clear message. This wasn‘t an overnight thing. It was planned and executed well.

i get it. i absolutely get it. i HATE kobe's contract too. i've said it before and i'll say it again, this team wont contend again until kobe is gone. i do see the benefit dirk's discount will have on dallas' roster GOING FORWARD.

but this roster they're fielding THIS VERY MOMENT? it has absolutely nothing to do with dirk's discount.

Dirk proally has a lot more positive influences then what the media reports.

Let's say in an alternate reality that Tyson Chandler was not traded until after the draft.

We S&T Pau Gasol 3yr-$22mil combine him with Nash, Jordan Clarkson, our 2015-2nd if we kept it (have to finish 31-40) if not they get 2016-2nd.

Kobe & Chandler = $5mil more than Kobe & Nash

Kobe, Chandler, Sacre, Randle, Kelly = $42,859mil

Nick Young's Cap Hold after declining his option was $915,243

So let's go an even $44mil.

Kobe, Chandler, Sacre, Randle, Kelly & Swaggy. Then 4 cap holds puts us to $46.3mil

We complete the Lin trade get the 2 picks from Rockets.

We'd have $54.177mil in salaries. Salary Cap was $63.065mil.

So we had about $8.889 mil to sign Lance Stephenson, whose 1st year deal was $9mil

Lin / Lance / Kobe / Randle / Chandler

We have Lin, Rockets pick, and Clippers pick from Houston to send to the Celtics on December 18th for Rajon Rondo.. Which when you think about Vet's Min and the $1.7mil Bi-annual. You could have gotten close to what the Mavs offered.

Last edited:
the mavs gave up a lot of assets to become decent but not quite good enough

pretty much like what we did to get nash or dwight, trade our future to give the ageing star one final shot at a ring

pretty much like what we did to get nash or dwight, trade our future to give the ageing star one final shot at a ring

They gave up very little.

They gave up a 2 bench players in Wright & Crowder. Wright is a good NBA player, but he's not a fire starter that will win you games single handed when other struggle.

Crowder is a 9th or 10th man.

The picks will be 25th & 55th.

And Nelson is an old starter, who is not evennnnnnnnn remotely close to Rondo.

Mavericks gave up very little.

Last edited:
Yea, still don't think this makes them better than OKC, SA or MEM, but they've probably moved into the 4-5 range now.

They gave up a 2 bench players in Wright & Crowder. Wright is a good NBA player, but he's not a fire starter that will win you games single handed when other struggle.

Crowder is a 9th or 10th man.

The picks will be 25th & 55th.

And Nelson is an old starter, who is not evennnnnnnnn remotely close to Rondo.

Mavericks gave up very little.
not saying they gave the barn away but its a decent package of assets. if you keep making trades like this (like we did) they start to build up and you get left with nothing if/when the win now plan doesnt work out

not that they are doing the wrong thing though, they should be trying to win now just as the dwight/nash stuff was the right thing to do at the time. it just ended up putting us in a bad spot because it didnt work out

Mavs gave up nothing, props to them. FO that actually knows what their doing.

They gave up a 2 bench players in Wright
not saying they gave the barn away but its a decent package of assets. if you keep making trades like this (like we did) they start to build up and you get left with nothing if/when the win now plan doesnt work out

not that they are doing the wrong thing though, they should be trying to win now just as the dwight/nash stuff was the right thing to do at the time. it just ended up putting us in a bad spot because it didnt work out

Rondo is leading the league in assists.

A package of a bunch of 8th (Wright), 9th (Crowder), 10th (Nelson), 11th (25pick), 12th (55pick) man on the roster is not a decent package.

It also shows us what Pau would have gotten us

Mitch is too damn stubborn, he overvalues what we have and tries to fleece everyone. Kwame Brown for a Pau Gasol usually doesn't happen. It's probably going to happen again and we get nothing for Lin nor Hill.

AKA I have no life and have the ability to post immediately so when someone else doesn't respond to posts in .34 seconds, I make fun of them for having a stupid point, because I respond anytime I want. Because I have no life.

We done with that crap?

I already had the above post typed out because.... and I'm sure you've seen it since apparently you can just sit at the computer all day... there's a poll. I was commenting on the poll when I got pulled away, and came back and finished what I had already started typing, then hit 'Submit' without reading anything else in the thread.

I'll continue what I was saying earlier when I get a chance. I have never... EEEEVVVERRR... backed away from something I said. No not never. I'll correct myself if it was out of line ridiculous, or build a better argument. But back away?

I'm not the one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WAIT WAIT, I have no life? Yet, you've been on Niketalk for only a year longer than me but have idk like 39,000 more posts than me.... :lol: Not 3,900.... 39 god damn THOUSAND more yet you telling me I sit on Niketalk all day?!

View media item 662665
And regarding your point, okay than it was just a misunderstanding. But you ain't got to call me out like that, Administrator.
Funny how it's ok to call someone out but not ok to get called out. Weird how that works.

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

And I might drop 39k posts next summer alone. I've been able to not work the last 4 summers, and gunning for the same this year. My definition of chilling in the summer is playing sports w/ my son during the day, watching movies w/ my girl butt nekked at night, and checking FB & NT whenever the gd hell I please.

Should I check in w/ you on my dinner plans & grocery list for next week? I asked earlier if we were done w/ the personal crap, but apparently not, so how far are we taking this 'personal lives' bit?

Last edited:
And Kookle, if the Lakers traded all their assets to get Love, and have Kobe's contract, what else is here with them?

I said it the day Dirk signed his deal, like the Spurs, the Mavs would contend. They may come up short, but they will contend. We,, won't. Not even close. Tank or no tank, we will come no where close to the playoffs this year.

Probably Pau :x

I do understand what you were saying but i also trust Mitch.

Remember the team he was able to surround Pau, Bynum and Kobe while they were on their Max contract extensions.

He knows how to build around stars.

Its just frustrating to see what Dallas is doing to their aging star compared to ours.

They extend Dirk's career meanwhile Kobe's ending quickly especially with the dumba** coach we have.

They gave up a 2 bench players in Wright

Rondo is leading the league in assists.

A package of a bunch of 8th (Wright), 9th (Crowder), 10th (Nelson), 11th (25pick), 12th (55pick) man on the roster is not a decent package.

It also shows us what Pau would have gotten us
its a decent deal for a top tier pg, im just not too high on rondo

he's not even a top 5 pg in the west imo

celtics are doing exactly what they should be doing, stockpiling rotation guys and draft picks which could lead to more solid rotation guys

This helps us in a way............

Dallas is now a lot more likely to whoop the Rockets in their games this season, thus giving us a better late 1st :nerd:

Rondo for benchies is a STEAL.

I know, injuries & age.

Rondo is excellent at what he does. So, maybe 2-3 years left. Just trying to get Dirk a 2nd, and keep the program competitive for the post-Dirk transition.

This helps us in a way............

Dallas is now a lot more likely to whoop the Rockets in their games this season, thus giving us a better late 1st
nerd.gif
and less chance we get a fluke win vs them 

also makes the celtics worse though, which might be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom