2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't be able to out-tank Sixers or Celtics.. Sixers were a given, but there are no moves that we could make that could have us keep pace with the Celtics for the next 60 games. Are you confident they can double their win total between now and the end of the season?

That's 2 of the top 5 spots.

In all honesty, I think the plan is to leave the 1st Round Pick up to chance, which was the only thing they could have done anyway. Especially with a team of Kobe Bryant.

If we get it, great. If we don't, that's just how some things go.

They know we won't make the playoffs, that's why there were reports that the Lakers were at the same time internally against trading for Rondo, but made overtures because you have to, and made the worst offer we could.

But, they will look for the homerun. Why? Because you have to. If it's there, you take it.

Now what they should do....

Come January..... They need to trade Jordan Hill... Then they need to trade Jeremy Lin.

Those are both guys that I would like to keep... IF we had our top 3 options and a 6th man already in the fold. Since we have nothing, you just can't. Lin isn't a guy you keep when the roster is empty. And Hill despite being a great value signing (some of you should praise Mitch after calling him foolish), he's $9mil that is being wasted when we need the cap next year.

You can get at least 1 First & 2-2nds for Hill & Lin in separate trades. Take back expirings of **** players, and probably a multi-year filler that's under $2mil.

That gives us the Rockets 1st, a 1st for Hill, 2 brand new 2nds, our 2nd, and the Clippers second if it's between 51-55. And Steve Nash. We can group all of that, or some combination of that and be able to get $14mil back in salaries. That is how you try to hit your homerun.

And sure it will take us better than 5th, but even if we were the 5th worst record, still a 45% chance we lose the pick. Or maybe we get lucky. Hit a homerun trade. And then end up with a Top 3 pick.

Or we make the Lin & Hill trade. No homerun trade, so we stand put. Then try to move up.

Ainge didn't piss on Mitch. And nobody has even said anything close as such. Why? Because what Ainge is doing is not a fool proof plan. Furthermore, people understand that there is a "Then What?" moment coming for them in the next few years.

Last edited:
So you want us to hit a home run with 2 #1's and a couple second round picks, but the Celtics are the 90's Celtics with like 43 first round picks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Mamba, you just said KD, Russ, and AD are once in a lifetime talents.

And all came to the NBA in a 5 year span.

Don't even account for Steph, Harden, Blake, Klay, Wall, Cousins, Kyrie, Love, Alphabet, Wiggins or Jabari.

Talent ain't gonna dry up fam. Plenty of talent will pull thru the next few years, always does.

So you want us to hit a home run with 2 #1's and a couple second round picks, but the Celtics are the 90's Celtics with like 43 first round picks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Mamba, you just said KD, Russ, and AD are once in a lifetime talents.

And all came to the NBA in a 5 year span.

Don't even account for Steph, Harden, Blake, Klay, Wall, Cousins, Kyrie, Love, Alphabet, Wiggins or Jabari.

Talent ain't gonna dry up fam. Plenty of talent will pull thru the next few years, always does.

I said try.. I didn't say it was there... If you read toward the end, if it's not there, you stand pat, then try to move up in the first.

And the trade the Lakers would have to make would be for a guy in his final season. Very rarely do guys guys of supreme importance locked up for multiple seasons. Why? Because there is no reason to.

Let the Celtics trade for a guy in his final season with 8-9 picks, and see how that will work out for them.

Last edited:
lebron and love both went to the cavs because they had a bunch of young drafted talent. If Boston drafts well I don't see why anyone would leave Boston if they get traded there and get to play with a bunch of young talent

Funny how it's ok to call someone out but not ok to get called out. Weird how that works.

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

And I might drop 39k posts next summer alone. I've been able to not work the last 4 summers, and gunning for the same this year. My definition of chilling in the summer is playing sports w/ my son during the day, watching movies w/ my girl butt nekked at night, and checking FB & NT whenever the gd hell I please.

Should I check in w/ you on my dinner plans & grocery list for next week? I asked earlier if we were done w/ the personal crap, but apparently not, so how far are we taking this 'personal lives' bit?

Bruh, YOU brought up the personal lives bit. Only thing I called you out on was the BASKETBALL discussion we was having. How you gonna try to flip that on me? My post about your post count is simply in response to you telling me I have no life because I was on Niketalk, which was an asinine statement considering our "statistics" :lol: But regardless, I don't care about your post count or whatever. In fact, I've probably read and agreed with a large majority of those posts you have made.

You can't hit me with "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing" when it was you who started it lol.

Memphis built thru the draft and 1 trade.
GS built thru draft and couple decent FA's.
OKC built thru draft.
Houston stacked picks, made trade, then added FA.
Clips built thru draft, then big trade.

Boston has more assets than all of those teams had. In a crappier conference. All they have to do is be patient and not panic.

Remember, Houston panicked and went for Pau + Nene. They were saved by Stern, and ended up with Harden/Dwight.

Ainge stays patient, they could rack up all kinna talent. :frown:

Speakin of trading Jordan Hill, the Mavs need a backup center now. :nerd:

They goin all in, maybe Mitch can nab a future asset as insurance if we lose our 2017 pick. And, might help with the stealth work this year. I know we need to wait til Jan 15, we could be 10-27 or so by then. Clear reason to pull the chute.

God I hate Mark Cuban, complaining about the Lakers getting cp3, but has a STACKED team now :smh:

Last edited:
Cuban might be hated, but he‘s proactive for his team, can‘t knock that. He went back to what worked!! Most over look it, but he‘s doing it. Must be great to have a boss like that.

Christmas is near and I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. Please enjoy yourselves and remember to grow those warm and fuzzies.

Call me crazy for not thinking the Celtics got that much worse.

Maybe I'm just that much of a believer in Smart.

I'll believe it when I see it re: boston. All those "assets" and rondo was the best one, should've gotten a greater return. If they were to draft guys on the level of smart/bradley/sullinger/olynyk with all these late first rounders they have, would anyone be impressed? Okc had durant/russ/harden/Ibaka in that timeframe, it's a longshot we ever see another team come up like the thunder did. Also neglecting the fact that they've been rebuilding for 3-4 years now and are still lotto bound for the forseeable future

Last edited:
God I hate Mark Cuban, complaining about the Lakers getting cp3, but has a STACKED team now
mean.gif
i dont think that team gets past the 2nd round, if that. 

might still lose rondo via free agency...

All this Celtics talk... am I in the right thread? :nerd:

I mean we got a game tonight...and we talking about the Celtics....the Celtics...not a game but the Celtics.....

:smh:

I mean we got a game tonight...and we talking about the Celtics....the Celtics...not a game but the Celtics.....

That's my bad, I was envisioning our lives with picks fallin outta our pockets, and things working wonderfully for us. :wow:

Hell, like an idiot last night, I failed to mention that Ainge has pulled it off before, in 2007, when he turned Jefferson and the #5 pick into KG and Ray Allen, to go along with Pierce and a young Rondo/Perk/Powe/Davis collection of pieces. :nerd:

I know, Ainge was "gifted" KG by his good buddy McHale.

Cuz ya know, Mitch didn't have Jerry West in Memphis helpin us out with the Pau deal. :wink:

Anyhoo, you're right, we got OKC tonight, hopefully KD plays and helps shred any sort of chance we have at trying to steal a win we don't need. He looked incredible last night. Had my mouth all waterin for a brighter future someday.

we need to get lin's confidence up and this seems like the perfect game to do so

give him tons of playing time and let him guard westbrook for 35 minutes 

That's my bad, I was envisioning our lives with picks fallin outta our pockets, and things working wonderfully for us. :wow:

Hell, like an idiot last night, I failed to mention that Ainge has pulled it off before, in 2007, when he turned Jefferson and the #5 pick into KG and Ray Allen, to go along with Pierce and a young Rondo/Perk/Powe/Davis collection of pieces. :nerd:

Cuz ya know, Mitch didn't have Jerry West in Memphis helpin us out with the Pau deal. :wink:

Anyhoo, you're right, we got OKC tonight, hopefully KD plays and helps shred any sort of chance we have at trying to steal a win we don't need. He looked incredible last night. Had my mouth all waterin for a brighter future someday.

No he didn't have West gift him Pau.

:wink:

K.

Funny how it's ok to call someone out but not ok to get called out. Weird how that works.

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

And I might drop 39k posts next summer alone. I've been able to not work the last 4 summers, and gunning for the same this year. My definition of chilling in the summer is playing sports w/ my son during the day, watching movies w/ my girl butt nekked at night, and checking FB & NT whenever the gd hell I please.

Should I check in w/ you on my dinner plans & grocery list for next week? I asked earlier if we were done w/ the personal crap, but apparently not, so how far are we taking this 'personal lives' bit?

Bruh, YOU brought up the personal lives bit. Only thing I called you out on was the BASKETBALL discussion we was having. How you gonna try to flip that on me? My post about your post count is simply in response to you telling me I have no life because I was on Niketalk, which was an asinine statement considering our "statistics" :lol: But regardless, I don't care about your post count or whatever. In fact, I've probably read and agreed with a large majority of those posts you have made.

You can't hit me with "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing" when it was you who started it lol.
You're on the right track, backing things up and retracing steps. Going backwards, you mentioned my post count, and before that I mentioned you being able to post immediately, and before that... what? You mentioned that I was dodging the subject. Immediately before that, I said my post in response to the poll (basketball related) and immediately before that, my post about money (basketball related). Seems to me the first post about nothing to do with basketball was you saying I was backing out of something.

Unless I'm missing the connection.

So what does me backing out of convos/not backing out of convos have to do with basketball?

"My bad, I shouldn't have taken it there."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom