2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe that Byron isn't commander of the tank.

I once ran a no 3s offense..... With 7 year olds that couldn't shoot better than 10% from 3. No way a head coach in the NBA isn't tanking with no 3s.

What would have been acceptable is "The team isn't as good from 3 as they were last year, so we have to find other ways to put the ball in the basket." That's an acceptable and logical answer. His answer is
laugh.gif
and Magic's response makes me wonder how he even managed to learn how to use a toilet as opposed to just pissing all over walls.
Does Scott pull a Sundusky or something?  I think it's just to shift the mind-set of guys from their style of play.  Like we all know, Meeks and Young were all trigger happy in a hapless offense.  Scott proally used his 'Time Warner' videos to critique LA.  He doesn't understand that this team has been flipped inside and out.  3 point shooting is part of the game, and NO COACH would ever want someone taking a 3 with 20 on the shot clock.  That's all.  Media blowing it up.   But swing the ball and if it ends up giving you a look, you would obviously take it. It's basic basketball.  

But again, give Scott and players for cracking the whip.  

But to say that you shouldn't take a 3, even if it's an option in the sport is DUMB.  It's like saying a football team has to strictly run the ball, when the pass is THERE..

EDIT: must be a schizo for players from the MDA regime. LOLZ mind F*3d. lolz  From free style of play, to, DO THIS, DO THAT. looooolz

Last edited:
We weren't even trigger happy. We were extremely efficient from 3 last year. 3rd best shooting team from 3.

What he said wrong was I want only 10-12 three pointers. That's just stupid basketball. Not even a media exaggeration.

If he said we're going to have to be able to produce more points from inside the 3point line because the personnel isn't as good for 3P compared to last year. I don't think anybody even says a word.

But saying I will only allow 10-12 a game, then saying that 3 pointers don't win titles is why people are making fun of him.

I refuse to believe that Byron isn't commander of the tank.

I once ran a no 3s offense..... With 7 year olds that couldn't shoot better than 10% from 3. No way a head coach in the NBA isn't tanking with no 3s.

What would have been acceptable is "The team isn't as good from 3 as they were last year, so we have to find other ways to put the ball in the basket." That's an acceptable and logical answer. His answer is :lol: and Magic's response makes me wonder how he even managed to learn how to use a toilet as opposed to just pissing all over walls.

It's really the only explanation after hearing him talk more. He was an average/bad coach for most of his career save for a few good years. But he was not nearly this incompetent, at least from what I saw.

There's bad strategy, and there's incompetence. Even Byron has to try to look this universally bad.

The only defense I've heard of his strategy is that he doesn't have the personnel to be a shooting team... which is true, but that doesn't mean they should actively limit themselves to an absurdly low number.

I mean I'm not complaining, I'd love to keep that pick if that's what they're (not so sneakily) doing. It's just a spectacle to hear what comes out of his mouth.

Last edited:
Tom Haberstroh: Players (just players) who have hit more 3s than entire Lakers TEAM: Avery bradley, Jared Sullinger, Jimmer, Trey Burke, Luke Babbitt, Wesley Morrison, P.J. Harrison, Danny Granger, Charlie Villanueva, Troy Daniels, Darren Collison, Kentavious Caldwell Pope.

mean.gif

Last edited:
end of Tom Ziller's article entitled "The Lakers might be the worst team in the NBA"
It seems impossible to be worse than the Sixers, but if there's a team that can challenge even that high hurdle, it just might be the Lakers. Based on what we've seen so far, the only thing saving the Lakers from the bottom of the West -- the brutal, unforgiving West, mind you -- and perhaps the bottom of the entire NBA is Kobe's refusal to be embarrassed on a nightly basis. If he concedes or gets injured, this could very well be a 20-win team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/10/17/6993657/lakers-worst-team-byron-scott-kobe-bryant

It's really true. We are not the least talented team by a longshot, but Byron's strategy + holes in our team = Bad News

Tom Ziller is a Kings fan, he's just letting his bias spill out a bit.

No way the Lakers are the  worst team in the league 
nerd.gif

Tom Ziller is a Kings fan, he's just letting his bias spill out a bit.

No way the Lakers are the worst team in the league :nerd:

They're not. And I know his bias it's evident from the moment you see how he talks about the Lakers offseason.

But they will play themselves to one of the worst with just midrange shooting and no 3s.

"We're all about midrange, bout midrange.... No triples"

Last edited:
Yea when they asked Byron on 3 point shooting and he said he'd rather the team take a step in for 18 footers that's when I knew he was captain of team tank.

The midrange jumper is the lowest % shot in basketball

We have had 2 extremes from this year to last year. Last year we shot waaay too many 3's way too early in the shot clock
This year we are stuck in the stone ages with 11 3pt attempts a game.

I feel bad for Kobe man. In his last few interviews you can tell from his face that he is starting to realize what this is...sucks for him to go out this way.

i actually had high hopes before training camp started. it feels like its going to be a long season :smh:

Word, a legend doesn't deserve to go out like this.

dont post stuff like that bro. they want you to believe he has no legs, no bounce, no speed, no athleticism. That he's 40th best in the league. That he's lost it. That he's a role player. They want you to believe. And every time they push against you, you must find a reason to push back.

'Just Do It'

lmaooo felt like I was writing a nike commecial so I just ran with it lol

He said if he doesn't have the Lakers competing for championships in three or four years he'll step down from basketball ops.

Very attainable goal. No reason for Jim to be under pressure yet.

Wait out Kobe's contract, tank for this top 5 pick, keep the 2017 pick, flip vets for assets at the deadline, then strike in FA inside 2 years.

Do all that, Jim will have us in much better shape. Key will be developing these picks into what we need them to be.

I always go back to Murphy's Law.. Anything that could have went wrong, did. From 2011-2014 just a multitude of wrongness.

Right moves and every single one backfired and basically led to just floating around waiting.

dont post stuff like that bro. they want you to believe he has no legs, no bounce, no speed, no athleticism. That he's 40th best in the league. That he's lost it. That he's a role player. They want you to believe. And every time they push against you, you must find a reason to push back.

'Just Do It'

lmaooo felt like I was writing a nike commecial so I just ran with it lol
Repped for the motivational speech

:lol:

After catching up on this thread I need a shower , it's filthy in here :smh:

Swaggy gone come back and help out a bit, it's looking bad but worst in the league bad :smh: the exaggeration continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom