2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravelude won me over with that post

In hindsight, the Lakers dodged some bullets in free agency. Pretty much all of them have been garbo. Ironically pau has been among the best signings from this offseason

Bravelude won me over with that post

In hindsight, the Lakers dodged some bullets in free agency. Pretty much all of them have been garbo. Ironically pau has been among the best signings from this offseason
They said he was done.  They said he was soft.  They said he was 'available' for 'trade'.  They mentally and physically disrespected/abused Pau.   They neglected him, and called him washed.  The fans said it was 'just' 10 days into the NBA season.  They doubted him.

But my main man, Pau Gasol, who HELPED KOBE win 2 rings continues to do good.  He continues to carry that class-act swag.

http://www.gasolfoundation.org/

#never forget pau

2014-15 Season
[table][tr][th=""]PPG[/th][th=""]RPG[/th][th=""]BLKPG[/th][th=""]PER[/th][/tr][tr][td]17.8[/td][td]11.4[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]20.41[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
He's also the 4th best player on the team, hence, zero pressure, zero focus of other teams on him. Rose, Butler, and Noah take all the heat off him. Add to that, the Bulls bench is deep with players/gamers as well.

Pau is in the perfect spot. He would be worthless in LA, just as he's been the last 3 years.

^^ LOL.  Yes, NO ONE has pressure except for DROSE.  And it's not even the PRESSURE to WIN A RING, it's the pressure to PLAY.

But how many rings those guys got? 
nthat.gif

Well, I'm happy he's doing well, lots of INDIVIDUALS are in the PERFECT SPOT and PERFECT OPPORTUNITY, but it doesn't mean they'd do well.  Pau HAND PICKED this himself, and he's definitely proving a lot of people wrong.

I think Sacre is a fine fifth big (fourth if you have a high caliber center).

If the Lakers wait 30 days, Black becomes trade eligible. :nerd:

Was hoping for a Jazz win but they really really suck. They are like the collection of random toys at the dollar store.

9 and 22

At Denver tonight
Vs Memphis Friday
Vs Pacers Sunday
At Portland
At Clippers

Play this right, 10 and 26 is quite doable. A week away from being able to trade Jordan Hill.

And then.....

Vs Orlando
Vs Portland
Vs Miami
Vs Clevleand
At Utah (back to back) :nerd:
At Phoenix
At New Orleans
At San Antonio
Vs Houston
Vs Washington
Vs Chicago

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :pimp:

That's 12 and 35 territory. 13 and 34 if we steal one. 11-36 if we choke one.

Pull. The. Plug.

#DoItMitch

Ed Davis love from Zach Lowe.
PF/C: Ed Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

How the league misfired on Davis, allowing the Lakers to steal him (Rob Pelinka, the agent for both Davis and Kobe Bryant, likely helped.) on a two-year (!!) minimum contract, is beyond understanding. Davis falls into that category of non-shooting, non-center bigs no one seems to want, but all this guy does is finish around the basket on lob dunks, smart cuts, putbacks, and soft hook shots. He will use one-dribble moves if he catches the ball outside instant-dunk range on the pick-and-roll, though that skill isn’t airtight.

The limitations are obvious: He has no jumper or right hand, and he probably tops out as an average defender. But he’s shooting 63 percent, he hunts open space on offense, and he at least brings speed and effort on defense. He’s absolutely a rotation big man, and he’s somehow trapped for one more season at the minimum. Save Ed Davis!

C CP1708 I completely forgot Jordan Hill can't be traded until January 15. I dropped the ball on our Jordan Hill trade exchange..

As for Davis, his limitations is why I believe he won't get the Jordan Hill AAV. When he declines the player option, and also being a Pelinka guy, lock him up 3 years at slightly under market value.

Last edited:
Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 2m2 minutes ago
A Detroit win against Orlando tonight along w/Lakers dropping their game against Denver would put LA half-a-game within the four spot.

Ed Davis is like a boss.  He ain't give a crap about LA, dude doesn't even break a sweat, but plays w/ his De Andre (esqe) persona along with a sprinkle of finesse.  That 'fake' Kobe' flex he does when he dunks the ball has me LOLing all the time.

Lakers catching all types of rejects.  This ain't the LITTLE GIANTS.  RICK MORANUS for life.  HONEY, I shrunk the Lakers.

NBA Draft Showdown: Towns v. Harrell

Kentucky’s Karl Towns is just four inches taller than Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell, but in the draft, that might as well be a mile.

Edit:

Here are the per-40 minute numbers for DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis and Towns in their freshman seasons at Kentucky:

Cousins per-40: 25.8 points, 16.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.7 steals, 3.o blocks on 55 percent shooting

Davis per-40: 17.7 points, 13.0 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.7 steals, 5.8 blocks on 62 percent shooting

Towns per-40: 16.9 points, 13.9 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 0.8 steals, 4.9 blocks on 52 percent shooting

Last edited:
Tank watch 12/30

Pistons vs Magic...Pistons been playing well lately :nerd:
Minnesota vs Utah...leaning towards the Jazz, but a T'Wolves wouldn't hurt either.

I'm immensely curious about Roy Hibbert's free agency.

Defensive Metrics of production has had him right there with Dwight every season since 2011-12. His problem is he's terrible at Defensive Rebounding, and has an even more limited offensive game than Dwight. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT still the Pacers are a Top 10 Defense, despite losing Lance Stephenson & Paul George. Which is a testament to Hibbert's impact on defense.

He won't get maxed. That's out of the question.

He may end up being to bottoming out Center in terms of Contract. With Gasol then Jordan. Al Jefferson, who will opt out for a long term deal, he'll get near max, if not a max. I think Asik likely gets valued over Hibbert as well because of the lack of mental questions. Add in Vucevic & Kanter, who some team could try to make a run at as RFA. Then lesser options in Robin Lopez and Chandler who will be $12m-ish. And maybe a team tries to go Center by committee with Brandan Wright's and Ed Davis' of the NBA. Even Jordan Hill will be a FA, if we don't trade him.

Roy Hibbert could end up being the guy who falls through the cracks, and gets low balled on a deal. I'm assuming his agent is telling him not to opt out, but if he does, that's who you target.

All assuming we don't get the #1 pick, in which you have to take Jahlil Okafor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom