2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why this is surprising. We're going to have to vastly overpay SOMEBODY; I'd rather it not be Dragic though. These aren't your daddy's Lakers anymore. Hey at least they aren't giving 20 mil to Rondo, could be worse.

Don't know why this is surprising. We're going to have to vastly overpay SOMEBODY; I'd rather it not be Dragic though. These aren't your daddy's Lakers anymore. Hey at least they aren't giving 20 mil to Rondo, could be worse.
He's betther than Goran tho....and I guarantee u he will be their 1st option in FA 

Shocked that someone would want ball hog Reggie Jackson instead of Dragic as the point guard of your franchise.

But to each his own.

Grantland Report Cards, we got a C....... (for CP perhaps? :nerd: ) :lol:

The Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics. There have been lots of jokes told at the Knicks’ and Lakers’ expense, and the Celtics have been almost as terrible, albeit in a slightly less aggressive way. Instead of playing hopeless young players, the Celtics have tried tanking with hopeless veterans. Good wrinkle. But for all the jokes, this is exactly what all three teams should be doing. They’re biding their time until the draft this June, they have tons of flexibility, and there’s plenty of hope for the future. It’s never a bad thing to be the opposite of the Brooklyn Nets.

There are only two reasons these teams don’t get A’s. First, because that would be obnoxiously counterintuitive. Second, because the Celtics could get screwed in the lottery, meaning all this losing would mean nothing, and the Knicks and Lakers are always a 50-50 bet to overpay B-list superstars and lock themselves into salary-cap hell. But if the Knicks don’t max out Tobias Harris this summer, and if the Lakers don’t max out Love and Rondo, they might be in good shape in two years.

CP my man, can you spice up these boring *** polls?

You really think in a miserable season like this debating if Mitch is doing well entertains us?

Cmon man...

Ask about cookies or something, everything's been to serious in here lately :lol:

Shocked that someone would want ball hog Reggie Jackson instead of Dragic as the point guard of your franchise.

But to each his own.
Like I've said for the past one, this rebuild is going to take three to four years. I'd much rather target Jackson than Dragic because of that.

But to each his own.
Like I've said for the past one, this rebuild is going to take three to four years. I'd much rather target Jackson than Dragic because of that.

Okay that makes sense, if it's more about age and long term build I'm with you.

I was speaking purely on basketball talent and the ability to help players like Randle get better with good looks.

I expect the Lakers to overpay for someone but max for Goran seems like an extreme overpay

As long as it doesn't involve giving up two 1st rounders in a sign-and-trade...

Dragic is probably better, but it's marginal in my eyes.

FYI: The most Jackson could be offered over four years is $66M. Dragic over four years would be a shade under $80M.

Gotcha, thanks for that info P.
Didn't know those numbers.

I guess if he's 5 years younger and he can make only 66 at most then I can understand your level of interest in him a lot more.

You really think in a miserable season like this debating if Mitch is doing well entertains us?

Cmon man...

Ask about cookies or something, everything's been to serious in here lately
laugh.gif
@CP1708  
nerd.gif

Eh....I like Dragic but i'd rather use that on a frontcourt player.

No thanks to Reggie.

Im fine with JC as a full time starter next year.

Cmon man...

Ask about cookies or something, everything's been to serious in here lately :lol:
@CP1708
 :nerd:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know me LTB, I'm about business. We in rebuild mode, I'm searchin for answers, I got no interest in cookies & ****. :lol:

4/66 for Reggie still doesn't blow my skirt up, but it's better than 4/80.

4/60 would make me feel a little better. But 24 years old, Randle will be 20, Top 5 will be 19, that's a growing core we could get back in good shape with.

2016 after Kobe leaves, maybe we find another mid 20's star to join the party. :nerd:

4/66 for Reggie still doesn't blow my skirt up, but it's better than 4/80.

4/60 would make me feel a little better. But 24 years old, Randle will be 20, Top 5 will be 19, that's a growing core we could get back in good shape with.

2016 after Kobe leaves, maybe we find another mid 20's star to join the party. :nerd:

Thing with Reggie is, who knows if we want to go get russy, why would he come here to play with Reggie again.

I'm sure he'd love to play with dragic. He's not selfish, but Reggie? Kinda sorta selfish :lol:

4 years 60 for dragic is the right number.

Last edited:
Reggie Jackson contract year

12.8 ppg
1.8 to
.1 blk
.8 stl
4.2 ast
4 reb
86% ft
27% 3p (4.1 3pa)
43% fg (14.8 fga)

4 years, 66 million. "Do it Mitch"

Nick Young contract year

17.9 ppg
1.5 to
.2 blk
.7 stl
1.5 ast
2.6 reb
82% ft
38% 3p (5.5 3pa)
43% fg (13.9 fga)

4 years, 20 million. "Franchise crippling"

do yall even analytic?

Last edited:
“For some people (starting is) important. To others it’s not. It’s very prideful for me. I feel like I’m very talented. I feel like I can lead a team. That’s just how I’ve been raised and that’s just how I’ve always felt. I want to be the guy in charge. I want to be the guy leading the team. The head of the snake.”

Reggie Jackson

"Pretty much just give me the ball and get out of the way."

Nick Young

Reggie Jackson contract year

12.8 ppg
1.8 to
.1 blk
.8 stl
4.2 ast
4 reb
86% ft
27% 3p (4.1 3pa)
43% fg (14.8 fga)

4 years, 66 million. "Do it Mitch"

Nick Young contract year

17.9 ppg
1.5 to
.2 blk
.7 stl
1.5 ast
2.6 reb
82% ft
38% 3p (5.5 3pa)
43% fg (13.9 fga)

4 years, 20 million. "Franchise crippling"

do yall even analytic?

I have never seen so many points missed in one post before.

The only point in favor of signing reggie jackson to a 4 year $66 million dollar is that he's 24. that's it. he's garbage and would set the franchise back to max him out.

there is nothing anyone could say that would make giving reggie jackson a 4 year $66 million dollar contract and make him the "head of the snake" a good idea. period.

Last edited:
Bright side... 4 year $80 mil to Goran Dragic is better than 4 year $88mil to Rajon Rondo.

I don't think Goran Dragic gets up to 80mil. In honesty, he's probably, $60mil over 4. $65-70mil overpay to try and get him. ($70mil is a starting salary of $16mil)

Also remember that a max this year is only a max for 1 year, once the cap goes up.... The salary increase can't keep up with cap increase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom