2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie Jackson contract year

12.8 ppg
1.8 to
.1 blk
.8 stl
4.2 ast
4 reb
86% ft
27% 3p (4.1 3pa)
43% fg (14.8 fga)

4 years, 66 million. "Do it Mitch"

Nick Young contract year

17.9 ppg
1.5 to
.2 blk
.7 stl
1.5 ast
2.6 reb
82% ft
38% 3p (5.5 3pa)
43% fg (13.9 fga)

4 years, 20 million. "Franchise crippling"

do yall even analytic?

I have never seen so many points missed in one post before.

Just check every other post he's ever made, you'll see it plenty then.

Reggie Jackson contract year

12.8 ppg
1.8 to
.1 blk
.8 stl
4.2 ast
4 reb
86% ft
27% 3p (4.1 3pa)
43% fg (14.8 fga)

4 years, 66 million. "Do it Mitch"

Nick Young contract year

17.9 ppg
1.5 to
.2 blk
.7 stl
1.5 ast
2.6 reb
82% ft
38% 3p (5.5 3pa)
43% fg (13.9 fga)

4 years, 20 million. "Franchise crippling"

do yall even analytic?

I have never seen so many points missed in one post before.

Just check every other post he's ever made, you'll see it plenty then.

This. Holy hell I've never seen so much **** in one post

No no, you guys are right. I'll never understand why anyone would want to give reggie 4 years $66 million under any circumstances. or 4/60. at any age. or see it as a better option to any other contract. you got me

Last edited:
No no, you guys are right. I'll never understand why anyone would want to give reggie 4 years $66 million under any circumstances. or 4/60. you got me

1.) 4 years/$66 million was mentioned as the most Mitch COULD give him as a comparison to Dragic.

2.) The most anyone said in support of that was "I'd rather give that than $80 million on Dragic," i.e. "it would screw us over less." Which is not exactly an endorsement, so your whole "justify giving Reggie that much" argument is basically beside the point. Arguing against nothing.

3.) Reggie Jackson and Nick Young are still very different players, it's ridiculous to head-to-head a list of their stats and boil it down to "well you don't like Nick Young, you shouldn't like Reggie."

Or maybe you just wanted to miss three more points for good measure.

Last edited:
4/66 for Reggie still doesn't blow my skirt up, but it's better than 4/80.

4/60 would make me feel a little better. But 24 years old, Randle will be 20, Top 5 will be 19, that's a growing core we could get back in good shape with.

2016 after Kobe leaves, maybe we find another mid 20's star to join the party. :nerd:

I'm missing the part where I said anything about Reggie being the man of the team, and not merely a piece of the puzzle, when the going rate is well above 4/60 for NBA PG's. (see Bledsoe, Eric) Kyrie, Jeremy Lin earning 15 million dollars, Russ, CP3, Rondo, Dragic, Wall, etc etc etc.

4/60 that I said, clearly, only makes me feel a little better.

And when someone takes the time to examine Reggie's playoff numbers, at age 22-23, vs what Nick Young was hyped up for, well......... :nerd:

But hey.

No no, you guys are right. I'll never understand why anyone would want to give reggie 4 years $66 million under any circumstances. or 4/60. you got me

1.) 4 years/$66 million was mentioned as the most Mitch COULD give him as a comparison to Dragic.

2.) The most anyone said in support of that was "I'd rather give that than $80 million on Dragic," i.e. "it would screw us over less." Which is not exactly an endorsement, so your whole "justify giving Reggie that much" argument is basically beside the point. Arguing against nothing.

3.) Reggie Jackson and Nick Young are still very different players, it's ridiculous to head-to-head a list of their stats and boil it down to "well you don't like Nick Young, you shouldn't like Reggie."

Or maybe you just wanted to miss three more points for good measure.

:pimp:

4/66 (or 4/60) is what people in this thread have said they would be willing to give reggie (not what mitch could give, what people would actually be ok with doing) with the rationale that either he's young, he's younger than dragic, he's cheaper than dragic, or the rebuild will take 3-4 years anyway. Reggie himself said he wants to start and be the man, you max him out and you accept these conditions.

Last edited:
Bledsoe did the same thing tho. He wanted to be the starter so they traded him.

So what's the problem if he's a piece we use to move this team in the right direction

I'm all in for Reggie Jackson, provided a big man is selected in the draft.

4/60 would make me feel a little better. But 24 years old, Randle will be 20, Top 5 will be 19, that's a growing core we could get back in good shape with.

whut?

let me rephrase then, justify giving reggie that much provided a big man is selected. justify giving reggie that much as part of a growing core we could get back in good shape with. also keep in mind he's looking for his own team per his own words and actions on the court

Last edited:
Reggie Jackson hasnt done anything to be more than a rotation guy.  He can score and is athletic, but geez Dion Waiters has more minutes than him.  And hes not a team player, he basically had the keys to the franchise handed to him the beginning of the season and now hes the 8th guy off the bench

4/60 which I said would only make me feel a little better than 4/66, is still better than the 4/80 that Dragic might get, especially when he is 4 years older.

If we take Towns, paired with Randle, knowing we have Kobe/Nick Young no matter what for next year, PG is the next need.

Rondo is even older, and more expensive than Dragic. That leaves Reggie. A capable starting PG.

With the market set the way it is, 4/60 is about what we can expect.

Now, if we took Russell instead of Towns, then yeah we don’t need to spend on Reggie, we would instead spend MORE than 4/60 on a DeAndre Jordan, or Roy Hibbert, or Robin Lopez, Omer Asik type Center to put next to Randle, and guess what, they are all older than Reggie too. :lol:

If you don’t want to spend on Rondo, and don’t want to spend on Dragic, and don’t want to spend on Reggie, who do you want to spend on, to play PG with a Towns/Randle/Young/Kobe type start to the team? Who could you add that would fit into the core we’re trying to rebuild?

Then factor in, we want to build around Randle/Towns, not Kobe and his last hurrah.

Say we signed Dragic to a 4 year/ $69mil deal (16 - 16.8 - 17.64 - 18.522). And get the 1st & trade up to 19 (Didn't feel like re-looking up rookie scales)

We'd have about $6.1mil in cap space

Dragic - Kobe - $6.1mil guy - Randle - #1 Pick
Young Black Kelly Clarkson 19th Pick Sacre & Fill In 12th man

Going in 2016:
Dragic - Randle - #1 Pick
Young - Kelly - Clarkson - 19th Pick
(Now $6.4mil guy)
2 cap holds to get us to 10

$34.9mil in cap space (KD would be $24mil as would any 30% max guy, so we'd have another $10.9mil to sign someone)

Last edited:
Reggie is not a "capable starting pg". he's not even really a pg. he's everything wrong with westbrook but without the upside. If reggie is my best option, and it seems like that's the argument in his case, I'll roll with clarkson and sit tight until next summer

I want you guys to be perfectly honest, how much basketball have you actually seen reggie jackson play?

:nerd:

Last edited:
The way Reggie pouted his way off the rotation I wouldnt spend that kind of money for him.  Remember, Eric Bledsoe has 5 years 70 mil and almost had to hold out for that.  Bledsoe is way better than Jackson imo and has proven he can run a team. 

But honestly Im done with the Lakers trying to sign these scoring PGs anyway.  Our biggest weakness is perimeter defense, the Lakers have had trouble guarding elite PGs for YEARS.  I would take Pat Beverly over all those guys just off the strength that he can defend and is a better team player.

I actually agree with leemelone here, Reggie Jackson is very overrated and crumbled when he had any adversity on a team that had championship aspirations.  How would he handle one of Byron Scotts rotational "experiments?"  Dragic is the best option, but isnt that good defensively, which is our biggest issue on the perimeter.  Its definitely not scoring or putting up shots.  Honestly, Jordan Clarkson is better defensively than anyone we've discussed so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom