2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash getting hurt doesn't really affect the Lakers' chances in trades yet (unless he retires or they pick up a Disabled Player Exception). We still don't have a lot to work with.

As for Rondo, maybe this pushes Mitch to make a move like that more than before. But that doesn't change the fact that there are still other teams that have been trying to get him, probably with way better packages than the Lakers can offer (outside of Randle).

Last edited:
Thnx for clearing that up guys, I just keep hearing he wants out so he was the first thing that popped into my head.

Stranger things have happened before but ok I get it, basically we have a snowballs chance in hell :lol:

Rondo said he wants max, and that he doesn't want to go to Sacramento. If i'm Boston and don't want to pay him max, I'm going to trade for as much young talent/assets as possible

Dwill might be available at the trade deadline ?

Nets are looking to dump salary since they are over the cap and paid the most in luxury tax history last season.Also the franchise is rumored to be up for sale.

Dwill might be available at the trade deadline ?

Nets are looking to dump salary since they are over the cap and paid the most in luxury tax history last season.Also the franchise is rumored to be up for sale.
rather keep lin then dwill.

he trash

I been saying it for years.  Steve Nash signed w the Lakers with the intention of not playing.

I think he's just doing this to get back at the team after all those years playing for the rival.

How you go from 35 mins a game to 10 games in 3 years, oh and lets not forget the 30 million dollars guaranteed.

I just think all these injuries are fronts to not play to stick it to the Lakers.  There arent any MRIs showing structural damage, or at least I never heard or seen one.  They all seem to be injuries based on what he says hurts.  The staff wouldnt put him out there if there was anything showing legit damage, theyre just going by what he says, they have to take his word on it.

Like I said I think he intended to sign the big money contract and never play.  Only the Lakers were tryna pay him that much, and Goran was signed to the Suns.  I think this is just a move to get paid before he had to hang it up for good.

Nets are looking to dump salary since they are over the cap and paid the most in luxury tax history last season

and also because D Will is owed $63 million over the next three seasons.

That doesn't seem to fit Mitch and Jimmy's direction.

Last edited:
If were healthy we have a good PG lineup.  Lin, Clarkson and Price all defend, dont jack up shots and can make open jumpers.  Theyre servicable and all really young.  Why go out the way to overpay another PG on the wrong side of their twenties?   All the guys yall are mentioning have injury histories, thats the last thing we need is another Nash

He's not gonna pass that up. He wouldn't be able to get a salary nearly as big now, let alone in two years.

He probably would opt because he knows by 2016 the new TV contract kicks in and the cap is suppose to go up.

Especially if he's playing good at an all star level for 2 years.

Last edited:
He's not gonna pass that up. He wouldn't be able to get a salary nearly as big now, let alone in two years.

He probably would opt because he knows by 2016 the new TV contract kicks in and the cap is suppose to go up.

Dude, no. D-Will is not opting out, because he would NEVER get offered that money again.

Have you witnessed Deron Williams play in the past 3 years? :lol:

No, just, no.

I rather re-sign Nash than Deron Williams, 100% serious, not joking, on my life. I rather sign Nash than Deron.

If he's gonna be playing like a max guy, sure, he'd opt out so teams can bid on him.

I doubt that though

View media item 1231545
The Lakers or any team that trades for him would likely be stuck with that guy ^, and for three years. Any guy who produces like that isn't passing up $22 million unless he has a dramatic turnaround.

rather keep lin then dwill.

he trash
mean.gif
Hes TRASH 

dude got fat after that contract. 

He sucks now, at 30, he's not gonna be better, and worth more, at 32. That's not how NBA bodies/mileage work.

Deron is not the answer, unless the question is how can we burn the most money for no reason and ruin our team's chances longer. Then he would be a good answer.

Sixers won't trade MCW. Especially just for Nash...

Our best bet for Nash would be

Nash + Our 2nd Round Pick from the Clippers (by way of Houston) we get it if it's 51-55 for 1 of Philly's 7 2nd Round Picks in 2015.

Helps both teams
1. Gets Sixers closer to the Salary Floor
2. Lessens the amount each of the Sixers $$ go up, which could hurt Philly if you inflate their contract and they out play it, you likely can no longer afford them or are committing too much money
3. Lakers get a few mil under the salary cap. Get another 2nd Round Pick. If we have Supreme Luck and keep our First. We could package the Rockets 1st & 2 - 2nds (Ours & what we got from Philly) to move up from that 2nd First Round Pick.

But Philly doesn't have to do anything, they could just say ehhhh not worth it, we'll just go with what we have, and pay everyone more.

Last edited:
Can you trade a player thats gonna be injured for the whole year tho?

Lets just wait till his contract is off the books and save 10 mil for next year.  Let this team cook most of the guys are young and want to play here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom