• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc Rivers was running the Thunder playbook at the end of the game. But that's neither here nor there. :nerd:

You're crazy. Doc is the reason the Celtics won in 08. He is greatness for life, he has a ring.

Doc Rivers is the reason Blake Griffin went to the Clippers.

Doc :pimp:

And Thibbs, :pimp:

everything that could have gone wrong went wrong for doc and rather than getting the team to focus on the games he spent all the time yelling at the refs
I know it's not fair that coaches are constantly compared to Phil, but that's all I kept thinking of, watching it live, and then the presser.

I've NEVER seen Phil spend THAT much energy on the refs. Oh, he yelled; he damn sure yelled at 'em, for sure. But in the end, it would just be for a few seconds, BECAUSE HE'S GOT A TEAM TO WORRY ABOUT THAT'S BLOWING THE LEAD.

And pressers? Iono, maybe you guys can prove me wrong, but I have NEVER heard him be THAT focused on the refs in a presser.

And you don't win 11 championships without having games where you feel shafted. GUARANTEE there were games where he felt like the refs made the wrong call and that cost his Bulls/Lakers DEARLY for that game...BUT IF HIS BULLS/LAKERS WOULD HAVE SCORED MORE OR DEFENDED BETTER, THE REFS WOULDN'T HAVE MATTERED FOR THAT CALL IN THE FINAL SECONDS.

THAT'S the gist of how I feel he took controversy.

Phil subtle tweaked the refs. He never banged the table, or raised his voice, etc.

He just threw them subtle jabs, always. :pimp:

Doc Rivers was running the Thunder playbook at the end of the game. But that's neither here nor there.
nerd.gif
You're crazy. Doc is the reason the Celtics won in 08. He is greatness for life, he has a ring.

Doc Rivers is the reason Blake Griffin went to the Clippers.

Doc
pimp.gif

And Thibbs,
pimp.gif
Wasn't Doc.

'Twas #circumstances

pimp.gif

Yeah, but at least Doc had all his players at his disposal.

Some coaches don't get that luxury.

Phil subtle tweaked the refs. He never banged the table, or raised his voice, etc.

He just threw them subtle jabs, always.
pimp.gif
EXACTLY.

All this temper tantrum, crying and carrying on. Get grown.

Keep calm.

Be subtle.

Collect rings.

none of you anti MDA guys watch the jalen rose report?

jalen rose played for the dantoni suns and on the podcast he said

The reason why we really lost the series was Game 1 cause Coach D’Antoni didn’t prepare us with what was going to happen with the Big 3. First off, practice was 10 or 11 in the morning…we shooting around a little bit, coach comes in, he like ‘bring it in’ we go over to the TV and he pop in a video. “Raja Bell for 3,” “Shawn Marion dunk,” “Steve [Nash] behind the back to Amare for a dunk.” And he like, “Alright, we gonna do a couple drills, we gonna do our scrimmage, run our sets, get a good a sweat and we gonna get out of here. I look at Kurt Thomas and like “That’s it?” [D'Antoni] was like “We gonna worry bout what we do. If we play our game and we do what we supposed to do, Tim Duncan can score 40 and that won’t beat us.” You know what Tim did in Game 1? Scored 40 and 20 and beat us.

my gift to you L2B

Jalen just bitter because he thought he had something left in the tank, but was warming the bench.

The one gift id love from you is just to let...it...go.

But like Ska said, won't happen :lol:

He's gone man. Doesn't matter if I like him or not. He's gone.

Why waste any more time arguing about someone so irrelevant to our current team.

He's no longer a discussion point in my head. We need to think draft pick and head coaches available, nothing else right now

The incorrect quote?

I read it. :nerd:

First of all, Jalen gives poor information, even for a guy that played in the series. Duncan 40 and 20 in game 1? That would be 2008. Only, he didn't have 20, he had 15 rebounds, and uh, Shawn Marion was not on that team, so why did MDA show a vid of Marion dunking? :nerd:

Cuz Jalen is getting his year's wrong, that's why.

If he means the 2007 season, then Duncan went 33 and 16. And again, the Suns had that 2-2, with HC, only to have their two best bigs suspended for no reason.

So Jalen is like a typical NTer, not having all his facts in order before he goes off on his quest.

But hey, why let those facts get in our way? Doc Rivers would have won that series for the Suns, that's a coach worth having. :pimp:

Suns were down by two in that final minute
PHOENIX -- With blood spewing from a cut on his nose, Steve Nash could only watch from the bench while the San Antonio Spurs put away Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals.

"There was nothing I could do," he said. "It was obviously frustrating, but it was really out of my hands."

Nash scored 31 but missed a crucial 45 seconds in the final minute because of the bloody cut on his nose, the result of a head-on collision with Parker with 2:53 to play. The cut required six stitches after the game.

Nash, with a bandage over the cut, made a 3-pointer to tie it at 102 with 2:25 to play, then Duncan gave the Spurs the lead for good with a 10-foot baseline hook shot. Nash missed a 3, then Parker sank a 23-footer to put San Antonio ahead 106-102 with 1:23 remaining.

Nash's driving layup with 1:13 left cut it to 106-104, and Raja Bell drew an offensive foul on Parker to give Phoenix the ball. But Nash had to come out with 54 seconds to go because of blood oozing around the bandage.

Last edited:
Of course I couldn't even enjoy the gift for 2 minutes without CP twisting it into another way of taking shots at us. :smh:

Some gift

I'm wondering if seaman is misquoting the quote or if Jalen is an idiot. Where's the link to the podcast in question?
thats word for word, trying to find the podcast but skipping through 1 hour podcasts trying to find a 30 minute soundbite is not going too well

The incorrect quote?

I read it.
nerd.gif

First of all, Jalen gives poor information, even for a guy that played in the series. Duncan 40 and 20 in game 1? That would be 2008. Only, he didn't have 20, he had 15 rebounds, and uh, Shawn Marion was not on that team, so why did MDA show a vid of Marion dunking?
nerd.gif

Cuz Jalen is getting his year's wrong, that's why.

If he means the 2007 season, then Duncan went 33 and 16. And again, the Suns had that 2-2, with HC, only to have their two best bigs suspended for no reason.

So Jalen is like a typical NTer, not having all his facts in order before he goes off on his quest.

But hey, why let those facts get in our way? Doc Rivers would have won that series for the Suns, that's a coach worth having.
pimp.gif
Facts be damned, if a guy ON THE G.D. TEAM says the coach didn't prepare the team very well, who the hell am I to say "Naaaaah, he did great"?

Like ANY NTer would have more insight than an actual rostered player.

Nitpick the stats; his point still stands. It ain't like he was talking about a time when the Suns played the New Haven Dodgers and Magic/Michael beat them by combining for 6 doubles, 4 glove saves, and a couple TDs. 
laugh.gif

Can't stand when dudes be like "Your story wasn't completely accurate, so it's completely irrelevant."

Black

And white.

All

Or nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom