2014-2015 NCAA / NFL Gear

Didn't read the press release, not going to, watched the video earlier today though and assumed it was going for a public release.

Didn't read the press release, not going to, watched the video earlier today though and assumed it was going for a public release.

I mean, even without reading the press release, it's quite obviously a concept cleat and won't be released to the public.

With Nike these days I wouldn't say anything is an obvious concept, especially with all of their social media outlets posting abt it today and releasing a video

With Nike these days I wouldn't say anything is an obvious concept, especially with all of their social media outlets posting abt it today and releasing a video

Well, from a design aspect, it's quite obvious, namely the predominantly 3D-printed nature of the cleat, no TPU casing around the studs, as well as the color way being evocative of the Vapor Laser Talon.

I believe they're these cleats pictured in the bottom right hand corner. Either Johnny Football or Mike Evans wore them at some point in the combine. Look pretty sweet. 

Yeah. I think they shoulda been the SB edition cleats. Much tougher in my opinion. I like the blue/red to give it a 3D effect.

Isn't part of the new vapor carbon elite comprised via 3D printing?
No, it uses technology form a cleat that was 3D printed.  3D printing allows you to make changes on the fly without actually manufacturing.  Super high cost to manufacture at scale.

No, it uses technology form a cleat that was 3D printed.  3D printing allows you to make changes on the fly without actually manufacturing.  Super high cost to manufacture at scale.

But it's still formed from the 3D printer one of the interns is a close friend and saw the process of it they use a 3D printer intertwined with carbon fiber to form the bottoms then they had a see through layer of a very light but durable plastic I forgot the name of the plastic but it's yeah there is the explanation

A 3D Printer PRINTS not forms.  Its designed using CAD modeling.  Thats why the 3D printed models won't be produced.  Even if they want to manufacture it, the capital and time needed to manufacturer wouldn't allow it to be produced now.  My guess is that we will see some technology used in a cleat last year just like the Carbons were modeled after technology used in the Lasers. Just my opinion tho.

Sick cleats. That would be nice if Nike signed Manziel.
Wonder if the HyperAgility swung the tide towards Nike, he wore UA shoes for everything else at the Combine. Most people were saying UA after Manziel met with them in January and even after the Nike visit two weeks ago. No clue what adidas' interest was (or vice-versa).

These are guys I saw for sure:

Nike: Bortles, McCarron, Bridgewater, Dennard

UA: Adrian Hubbard, Clinton-Dix, Timmy Jernigan, Michael Sam

adidas: De'Anthony Thomas, Clowney at least for the 40-yard

Last edited:
Wonder if the HyperAgility swung the tide towards Nike, he wore UA shoes for everything else at the Combine. Most people were saying UA after Manziel met with them in January and even after the Nike visit two weeks ago. No clue what adidas' interest was (or vice-versa).

These are guys I saw for sure:

Nike: Bortles, McCarron, Bridgewater, Dennard

UA: Adrian Hubbard, Clinton-Dix, Timmy Jernigan, Michael Sam

adidas: De'Anthony Thomas, Clowney at least for the 40-yard

It will be interesting to see who signs with whom....

Love the helmet, not a huge fan of the jersey for the Bucs. Feel like the Chrome outlines on the numbers/letters will look dope in person though. 

Back
Top Bottom