2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, Harden's defense remains horrid like Kyrie. But he's consciously admitting his lack of attentiveness on the defensive end. Acceptance and effort are the first steps to improving a problem. 2014-2015 will tell based on Houston's playoff success.

Yes

Do you watch Rocket games

Melo plays the 4 on defense, the 3 on offense, and waaaaay better rebounder than Harden. Assists could be higher with a better supporting cast, and the Knicks are suppose to trade him for a guy that averages 1 more FTA a game, less points, less rebounds, and an inferior defender?

Phil doesnt want to pay MAX money for Melo, but would be willing to do for a half-*** player in Harden. Cool story, bro.

Yes Melo is a better rebounder, he has way bigger frame to rebound and plays closer to where rebounds fall

Melo has never been a big assist guy, you can expect around 3-4 from him at max

Harden gives you 6 apg

Harden gets to the line about 2 more times a game

And the PPG is a wash because Melo shoots 4 more shots a game than Harden

Yes Melo is a much better defender than Harden

Melo is a better player but Harden is 6 years younger and gets paid way less

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately the inequality between the Eastern and Western conferences means a lottery team with a better overall record in the West will get a higher pick than a worse team (by record) that makes the playoffs. 

Poor management has led to them being stuck financially and will make it difficult to acquire additional talent if Melo re-signs. They are in serious need of a clean slate.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 1m
ESPN has learned that Dallas Mavericks are on verge of reacquiring Tyson Chandler in trade with New York Knicks. Story going online now

Dallas trying to recapture that 2011 magic.

ESPN has learned that Dallas Mavericks are on verge of reacquiring Tyson Chandler in trade with New York Knicks. Story going online now

in exchange for Sam, Jose and Shane

Too late, as they'd be getting a relative corpse now.

Okafor
Mudiay
Stanley Johnson
Cliff Alexander

All come to mind

Not sure how I really feel about any of those guys in the NBA outside of Cliff. Stanley and Mudiay both need to improve their jump shots this season.

I get what your saying tho, but I rather have Harden who's proven over anybody outside of Okafor in next year's draft class.

Where the Melo/Harden trade talk come from though.
Is it an NT Hypothetical or a real chance?

Another CB "sources" rumor.

Top 5 pick in a weak draft though ... who's really coming out making noise outside of Okafor at Duke? :nerd:
Mudiay, RHJ, Trez, Selden, Thornwell.

In college, yes, NBA not sold yet.

I don't understand why you would want to let Melo walk for nothing...

Not at all. 6 years younger and can still improve his game?

Actually, the limit is $4 million. Once a team goes over $4 million above the luxury tax, they cannot receive players in a sign and trade deal. I don't think this rules out trading a player away from a Trade Exception. 

If a team acquires a player in a sign and trade deal, then the team cannot go $4 million or more above the luxury tax for the remainder of the salary cap year. There were previously no restrictions.

Champ, I'll give you Mudiay as well, forgot Larry Brown was still at SMU, should do wonders for him especially if he can improve that jump shot.

Last edited:
in exchange for Sam, Jose and Shane

A little surprising that Jose is in the deal since he played really well for them this season, but I guess they figure he'll be easier to replace than finding another defensive presence like Tyson -- assuming Tyson can get back into form.

Mudiay going to be a special player.

If Okafor stays healthy, I feel he can be a franchise player, he has it all.

I wouldn't say next year is weak class especially compared to the 2013 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom