2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Rose is smarter than he looks.
Stay on Roses ****.
:lol: Nah, that's Bulls fans. You got me confused.

I'm legit concerned for him at this point. I was the whole time when he was windmilling during warm-ups and then changing back in to his suit for game time. The jokes are just to watch Bulls fans get their jimmies rustled cuz time and time again they fall for it. While I'm not a Rose fan I don't wish the brother any actual harm. I mean he already living in the Chi.

It'll pretty much be the same thing if Pacers fans start acting up.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Nah, that's Bulls fans. You got me confused.

I'm legit concerned for him at this point. I was the whole time when he was windmilling during warm-ups and then changing back in to his suit for game time. The jokes are just to watch Bulls fans get their jimmies rustled cuz time and time again they fall for it. While I'm not a Rose fan I don't wish the brother any actual harm. I mean he already living in the Chi.
That can be said for any superstar player playing currently for Team USA in regards to the concerns. I think the only commitment the NBA players should have for Team USA is the Olympics. I feel bad for PG and wish him a speedy recovery. I think he will return stronger than ever. Look at D-Rose, many people counted him out with many reasons as to why he wont be the same elite player or an above average player, but yet the guy looks better as player overall coming off injury. 

Last edited:
:lol: Nah, that's Bulls fans. You got me confused.

That can be said for any superstar player playing currently for Team USA in regards to the concerns. I think the only commitment the NBA players should have for Team USA is the Olympics. I feel bad for PG and wish him a speedy recovery. I think he will return stronger than ever. Look at D-Rose, many people counted him out with many reasons as to why he wont be the same elite player or an above average player, but yet the guy looks better as player overall coming off injury. 
I was 100% down when I think Wade and Allen were talking about getting paid for participating in this sort of stuff. At this point where the level of play has risen it's not worth it for the players careers.

Lol its 2014 bruh. It could be hung from wires. A collapsible beam. Anythinggg hell most scoreboard units arnt much higher than the hoop. Jus because you havent seen it done doesnt mean itd be at all difficult jus different than your accustomed

Never played on one of these?
Huh? Dudes jus dont want change. You honestly think they cant make a steel beam resistant to the force of a human being dunking? Engineering is not in your future. Its a system thats alrdy been around forever. It wouldnt be hard at all to get a company to design something for the NBA that would remove the pointles stantion
youre not thinking. those rafters the hoop is hanging from are maybe 40ft high.  40.... an arena has GOTTA be at least 200ft high. you wanna talk about engineering? How many times have you EVER seen a 150+ foot pole hanging from a ceiling? dont you know those bars in this picture you posted are steel? IN HIGHSCHOOL i watched one of those snap on a dunk from a highschooler when a screw came out.

more engineering, the longer a single piece is...the more chances it has of failure. the more connections a piece has, the more chances it has of failure. how many connections would it take to make a 150+ foot steel beam and then to hang it from the rafters? how many people attending the game can see THROUGH that steel beam? exactly who is gonna take a crane and check all 150+ feet of those steel beams before and after every game?... oh. assuming failure is possible, who prefers the 150+ foot STEEL beam to fall from the 150+ foot high ceiling onto the court or into the stands... OR the small portable basketball hoop on the ground? hmmmmmm

SMH U SEE ME CRACKING JOKES AT THE TIME OF INJURY FAMBS? OR MAKING FUN OF KYRIE. NAH?

I THINK IVE TONED DOWN A LITTLE TOO MUCH. 

MIGHT HAVE TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH FOR MY FELLOW CHI AND LAL FRIENDS : )
Na I think u gud right where you at..
Move forward not backwards.. It's not needed..I dun care jus sayin..

There just needs to be regulations on how far back it needs to be. They're saying it was a full 2 feet 2 inches closer than they usually are.

He didn't even have room to land that was just wrong and unnecessary..

Stay on Roses ****.

Relax bro that's what they want..
Dudes a knicks fan that's sad enough, he has nothing positive to say bout his squad abviously.. It's understandable.. :lol:

@CandaceDBuckner: Paul George suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. Will be in surgery for two hours, to get a pin placed in his leg.

Thoughts and prayers with PG and his family tonight.

King George is one of i3asketball's brightest stars, and it's a shame for anyone to suffer such a horrific injury.

Hopefully there is no severe nerve or muscle damage so Paul George's injury can be a minor setback for a MAJOR comeback!

Final note:  i3asketball needs to smarten up and create a larger landing area for these amazing athletes.  Get those cameramen out of there and push the base of the basket back.

I was 100% down when I think Wade and Allen were talking about getting paid for participating in this sort of stuff. At this point where the level of play has risen it's not worth it for the players careers.
Agreed. Team USA has no financial commitment to the players involved and is based off repping the country which from that aspect is fine, but considering the risk involved, it should be something in place financially for the players no doubt. PG is set to lose millions if he sits out the year.

Not sure if its been said, Kevin Love is looking real smart right now.

I'm still sick about this injury. Luckily he has the best working on him.

Just saw the vid on PG's injury. Damn that made me cringe. :smh:

Kevin Ware's though...:x Still one of the worst.

Hoping he can bounce back mentally. That's the toughest part.

PG suffered a compound fracture.

Compound fracture: A fracture in which a bone is sticking through the skin. Also known as an open 'fracture.

aren't open and compound fractures...the same thing?

Not necessarily.

A fracture can be open and a compound at the same time, yes

But you can have a compound fracture without penetrating skin.

To be considered an open fracture there'd have to be skin penetrating.

Last edited:
This is based off experience of a like injury

We don't know what his injury is though

I saw it, it broke in two. Clean break, again I'm saying this based on my experience plus what I saw.
I see what your saying though for sure. I'm no Doctor.
Sometimes I just make up my mind based on life experiences and eye test.
When I see a quarter on the floor, I don't need someone to tweet "there's a quarter on the floor"
I know it's a quarter on the floor because I know what a quarter on the floor looks like.

Last edited:
aren't open and compound fractures...the same thing?

Not necessarily.

A fracture can be open and a compound at the same time, yes

But you can have a compound fracture without penetrating skin.

To be considered an open fracture there'd have to be skin penetrating.

View media item 1111004

My bad. I was thinking compound was the term for a break in two places but that's comminuted fractures

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom