2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Foh. I'll respond to whatever I want. Bottom line, Jordan won 6 chips without ever handpicking teammates. Lebron had to go crawling back to a team stacked with first overall picks. Different animal in my opinion and I should be entitled to it instead of being berated.

You don't need to handpick teammates when you're playing with HOFers and a championship caliber squad. Is that so hard to understand?

The same as it did 20-30 years ago?

Hakeems game was timeless. Dominantly played with ease.

yea man i agree one of my fav guys to watch highlights and old games of

dude was soo skilled

Some players around Hakeem even called him the smartest player they ever played with.

A couple GIF's for your pleasure:

tumblr_mhxnddDXcy1renuivo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You don't need to handpick teammates when you're playing with HOFers and a championship caliber squad. Is that so hard to understand?
alot of you are leaving out details and **** to make your points. jordan didnt recruit those hall of famers nor his competition from other teams just to win. PERIOD. and jordan didnt join a team with people who even looked like they were going to the hall of fame, in FACT without jordan there, they would NOT have gotten into the HOF.

now...

lebron is a different person. please stop comparing their "legacies" Legacy is BS. Its too subjective. what determines legacy? Achievement? Cuz if so, yall NEVER talk about players with more accolades and achievements than jordan. Jordan should be in like 3rd place to yall if legacy is based on achievement. Is legacy based on intangibles like "making teammates better?" or "changing the game?" leave legacy alone.

Call a spade a spade. You simply dont like what lebron is doing. You dont even gotta explain why, just be 100. I personally dont like what lebron is doing. I think its cheap, I think it invalidates his letter. I hope he doesnt win S*** yet. I hope rose, AND durant AND wade win a chip...THENNNNNNN lebron wins one for cleveland (cuz they need one. lets just be serious) Lebron IS recruiting and handpicking players. Dont say "they want to play with HIM" like some of you are saying. Lebron had put together all his next moves in his head since a couple weeks past losing. But yall talking bout that BS comparing him and jordan and legacies yadda yadda. Keep it real if you're gonna talk....

Last edited:
Cmon. Lebron hooking up with Wade and Bosh woulda been like MJ leaving Chicago for Orlando with Shaq or to the Rockets with Hakeem.

alot of you are leaving out details and **** to make your points. jordan didnt recruit those hall of famers nor his competition from other teams just to win. PERIOD. and jordan didnt join a team with people who even looked like they were going to the hall of fame, in FACT without jordan there, they would NOT have gotten into the HOF.
Thank you!

I wonder if Shaq even mildly regrets not taking it 100% serious, and having that falling out with Kobe

A healthy Rose is the only difference maker between the two teams. Gasol isn't scaring anyone. 

Also consider internal improvement (Butler and Snell specifically), deeper bench than 2010-2011 meaning guys will not be ran to the ground, and a better coach.

Last edited:
Funny, you aint quote the rest of what he said though huh :lol:
To emphasize that one point. Why you so antagonistic? Let me have my opinion. You have yours. If I didn't know any better I'd guess you were Lebron's mama or some ****. Telling me to stop talking and responding when I'm just voicing my opinion. You're pretty annoying.

Last edited:
I wonder if Shaq even mildly regrets not taking it 100% serious, and having that falling out with Kobe

Doubt it. Doesn't seem like it. Seems like he's pretty content with how his career played out. Especially considering how much he gloats on TNT about the 4 rings and all the things he's done, yadayadayada

The way his career ended makes it all the more dissapointing well. Those Cavs and Celtics years :x :x would say PHX but he was actually decent there.

Doubt it. Doesn't seem like it. Seems like he's pretty content with how his career played out. Especially considering how much he gloats on TNT about the 4 rings and all the things he's done, yadayadayada

The way his career ended makes it all the more dissapointing well. Those Cavs and Celtics years :x :x would say PHX but he was actually decent there.

Plus Shaq will go down as an all time great, better than Kobe even. Far more important to his teams throughout his career.

jordan didnt recruit those hall of famers nor his competition from other teams just to win. PERIOD.

That's his point, you doofus, he didn't need to because he was given a great supporting cast.

and jordan didnt join a team with people who even looked like they were going to the hall of fame, in FACT without jordan there, they would NOT have gotten into the HOF.

Pippen and Rodman wouldn't have been HOFers without Jordan?

:rofl:

You know what, never mind.

What do you guys think will happen with Bledsoe and Monroe?

That's his point, you doofus, he didn't need to because he was given a great supporting cast.
Pippen and Rodman wouldn't have been HOFers without Jordan?

:rofl:

You know what, never mind.

What do you guys think will happen with Bledsoe and Monroe?

Monroe's in a weird spot. He seems like he's good enough for a big contract but he has huge flaws. Kind of like an Al Jefferson-lite - average defense, average rebounding, not much of a shooter. That stuff is important in the league nowadays. How he fits alongside Drummond is a big question mark. No idea what happens. I would guess that him and Bledsoe end up signing reasonable deals. Bledsoe especially with his injury history can't afford to sign a 1 yr deal.

Richmond was so stunned, he couldn't even play for Sacramento the next day, in the Kings' second game of the season.

That game also just happened to be in Oakland. Against the Warriors.

"I remember **** Motta came over to me and said, 'Hey, are you gonna play tonight, you gonna get dressed?'" Richmond said. "I'm like, 'Coach, honestly man, I don't even know where I'm at. I can't play tonight, man. I can't play against those guys right now. I'm tore up, man.'

"He asked, 'Are you gonna sit on the bench?' I said, 'I'm going home, man.'"

The drive home included a few minutes listening to the Kings-Warriors radio broadcast, but he couldn't withstand that for long.

After aimlessly driving around for a while, Richmond made it home to his then girlfriend, now wife, Juli, and asked for the score in the contest that was nearly over.

"She just put her head down," Richmond recalled. "I'm like, 'Yo, what's the score?'

His new team had lost by 62 points, 153-91.

"I just started crying, man," Richmond said. "I just started boohoo-ing, man. I called Bill Strickland, my agent, and I said, 'Man, what are the rules? Is there any way I can retire and come back to another team? What are the rules?'

"I did not want to go to Sacramento."

That wasn't the last time he cried as a King.

The next morning, Richmond commuted to Sacramento for his first practice with the team, which he had believed to begin at 10 a.m. He arrived around 9:15. More than two hours later, still no one had showed up.

"By 11:30, Randy Brown walks in and was with one of his buddies," Richmond said. "He comes in the locker room, and I said 'Hey, what time is practice? I thought it was at 10 o'clock.' He said, 'Man, we got two days off.'

"I'm like, 'What? You just lose by [62] points and we got [expletive] two days off?' I started crying again in the car. I'm like, 'Oh my God!'

"Man, listen, I cried that whole year. That was a whole year of crying, brother."
http://espn.go.com/nba/halloffame14/story/_/id/11324162/mitch-richmond-underrated-path-hall-fame

I'm sorry, but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Richmond was so stunned, he couldn't even play for Sacramento the next day, in the Kings' second game of the season.

"I remember **** Motta came over to me and said, 'Hey, are you gonna play tonight, you gonna get dressed?'" Richmond said. "I'm like, 'Coach, honestly man, I don't even know where I'm at. I can't play tonight, man. I can't play against those guys right now. I'm tore up, man.'

The drive home included a few minutes listening to the Kings-Warriors radio broadcast, but he couldn't withstand that for long.

After aimlessly driving around for a while, Richmond made it home to his then girlfriend, now wife, Juli, and asked for the score in the contest that was nearly over.

"She just put her head down," Richmond recalled. "I'm like, 'Yo, what's the score?'

"I just started crying, man," Richmond said. "I just started boohoo-ing, man. I called Bill Strickland, my agent, and I said, 'Man, what are the rules? Is there any way I can retire and come back to another team? What are the rules?'

The next morning, Richmond commuted to Sacramento for his first practice with the team, which he had believed to begin at 10 a.m. He arrived around 9:15. More than two hours later, still no one had showed up.

"By 11:30, Randy Brown walks in and was with one of his buddies," Richmond said. "He comes in the locker room, and I said 'Hey, what time is practice? I thought it was at 10 o'clock.' He said, 'Man, we got two days off.'

"I'm like, 'What? You just lose by [62] points and we got [expletive] two days off?' I started crying again in the car. I'm like, 'Oh my God!'

"Man, listen, I cried that whole year. That was a whole year of crying, brother."
http://espn.go.com/nba/halloffame14/story/_/id/11324162/mitch-richmond-underrated-path-hall-fame

I'm sorry, but
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yooooooooo I'm CRYING

I'm sorry, but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yooooooooo I'm CRYING
Mitch was going through it when he got traded to Sac :lol:

also led in minutes every single game, touches, possessions, turnovers, and intangibles like garbage minutes. Lebron didn't carry miami. he may have had nice stats, but so did everyone else. Carrying a team is wade 06. And yall conveniently leaving out lebron being nowhere to be found in 2011...
He led them in minutes because Miami couldn't sustain leads with him on the bench. He's also the best scorer rebounder passer and perimeter defender on the team, so unsurprisingly he gets more playoff run than anyone else.

and the vast majority of players who lead the team in assists, also lead them in TOs, including guys like Paul, Rondo, Wall & Curry. So you're not saying anything there.

And I'm "conveniently leaving out 2011" because the conversation was about Miami's two title runs, which don't include 2011.

I've criticized his 2011 finals performance in the past.

Last edited:

He alluded to that earlier this year on TNT, basically saying he should have came to camp in shape and saying he should have been the bigger person when all that stuff came up. Was surprised to hear him say that, I thought he never even would bring that stuff up on the air...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom