2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm highly intrigued by whatever the results will be of Philly's experiment.

It's either gonna work out beautifully and launch that franchise to another level or end up a colossal failure. There will be no in-between because they have removed that as a possibility.

I wish I could fast forward 5 years from now to see where they stand.

D-Mo on relationships with Howard and Harden: "Hi & bye. They even eat separately from the team. Usually in some fast food place." #Rockets
— Simonas Baranauskas (@LithuaniaBasket) August 8, 2014

Where was that talk during a whole bunch of this?

tumblr_n1cnhohzd51s635lgo5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n4ihb0D2ii1rtnwmvo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n7mzxxxdCK1r4fk9jo1_250.gif

tumblr_n0rr7gLNNK1s635lgo3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n0rr7gLNNK1s635lgo6_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n0rr7gLNNK1s635lgo2_r1_250.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ill steelo  
D-Mo on relationships with Howard and Harden: "Hi & bye. They even eat separately from the team. Usually in some fast food place." #Rockets
— Simonas Baranauskas (@LithuaniaBasket) August 8, 2014
"Dwight and I are the cornerstones. The rest of the guys are pieces". 
pimp.gif

I never rocked with that idiot **** boy Dwight but Harden been showing his *** this whole summer too. Through others' words or his own.

is it even that big of a deal? :rolleyes
ya really expect guys to hang out like it was college and all that.

Last edited:
yea...harden has been acting like a diva. Anyone notice it all started when the bosh trade didnt go down?

It actually started when Chandler Parsons felt offended that the Rockets were going after Bosh, when he pretty much said they didn't need to go after a 3rd star when they already had one (describing himself). Then Cuban liquored him up and started talking reckless, which lead to the whole Harden/Howard cornerstone thing.

Look at you; in full scorned woman mode.
laugh.gif

I'm sure you had no problem with LeBron joining up with potential HOFers and recruiting players when he was still in Miami.

laugh.gif
@ the notion that being Jordan's teammate was the sole reason the likes of Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman got into the Hall of Fame.

MJ is great that is indisputable, c'mon now.
actually...ive been a heat fan since i was born. I ABSOLUTELY HATED the idea of lebron coming to miami. Yall dont ever mention it... but in the first years of their careers, wade and lebron were pretty evenly matched. Watching them duke it out was GREAT basketball. I hated the idea of lebron COMING HERE to play with wade. I wanted to see them battle. It wasn't until lebron got her that wade fell back and declined significantly. Please dont speak for me like u know me.
If you say so.

And LeBron is the reason for Wade's decline and not his degenerative knees?

What? No way in hell would pippen OR rodman have been HOFers without their rings that jordan helped them win. If jordan wasn't on the bulls, BELIEVE they would'nt have won championships with just pippen and rodman as their frontrunners. How is this hard to understand? Jordan made them better as a team AND as players. I feel like I'm arguing with someone born past '95... what year were you born to say such stupid things?

I hate when stupid people speak up. And why is that these same people always speak the loudest?

You make it seem like bron came into the league and just started recruiting HOFers. Homie waited SEVEN years just for ONE of his teammates to be all stars and all he got was an all star by default so don't even try to compare his situation with Jordan's as if Daniel Gibson or someone like that was gonna develop into a future HOFer.

Second, Rodman already won a DPOY and back to back titles BEFORE Jordan so I'm pretty damn sure he would've made it to the hall without Jordan. Pippen, IMO, still would've too but I guess that's at least arguable but Rodman already had a good career before Jordan.

All this Rockets dissension, is just the buildup to the eventual 2 vs. 10 Handicap match at Wrestlemania.

If you say so.

And LeBron is the reason for Wade's decline and not his degenerative knees?
i said wade fell back. wade started deflecting in their 2nd season together...then altogether conceded and fell back completely and started depending on lebron. if yall think back, miami's offense was EXPLOSIVE for awhile. it was a highlight reel waiting to happen with both of them running fast break alleys all the time. wade and lebron were going head to head with each other. competing really to say whos the leader of the team. lebron won. big time.

Rodman was def a HOF candidate before the Bulls. Why do you think they took a chance with his knuckleheadness...

has this been posted?   wtf 
laugh.gif

This may be one of the best Shaq-related stories courtesy of former Suns assistant coach Alvin Gentry on ESPN’s True Hoop and Yahoo Sports.

Gentry said in the interview that every few days,  Shaq would decide it was time for a Brazilian naked wrestling contest where he would grab a teammate, throw them to the floor and “do five rollovers with you.”
Video with Alvin Gentry:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/70113/naked-shaquille-oneal-antics

You make it seem like bron came into the league and just started recruiting HOFers. Homie waited SEVEN years just for ONE of his teammates to be all stars and all he got was an all star by default so don't even try to compare his situation with Jordan's as if Daniel Gibson or someone like that was gonna develop into a future HOFer.

Second, Rodman already won a DPOY and back to back titles BEFORE Jordan so I'm pretty damn sure he would've made it to the hall without Jordan. Pippen, IMO, still would've too but I guess that's at least arguable but Rodman already had a good career before Jordan.
yall need to start reading everything before commenting. its becoming increasingly clear yall read a response, have no idea what the topic is, and hop in. i was going against dude comparing lebron to jordan by explaining theyre just too different. and kept it real by saying lebron is surrounding himself with other top players which jordan never did. winning dpoy and 2 titles doesnt guarantee hof status lol.

another dude said jordan joined a team with HOFers as if they were lock-ins before he got there.

but really tho...if u didnt read the convo...dont jump in the convo. inform urself first.

Last edited:
hated the idea of lebron COMING HERE to play with wade. I wanted to see them battle. It wasn't until lebron got her that wade fell back and declined significantly

See them battle? Does anyone remember how mediocre Miami was post 2006 and pre LeBron?

And if you hated the idea of the best player on the planet joining your team (which netted you 2 chips) then I question your logic entirely.

See them battle? Does anyone remember how mediocre Miami was post 2006 and pre LeBron?

And if you hated the idea of the best player on the planet joining your team (which netted you 2 chips) then I question your logic entirely.
u wild? wade had a bad (terrible) year when he first got injured right after we won. but then...he skyrocketed. remember the olympics mvp? wade and lebron were the MOST fun to watch go at it. and miami+wade were SO mediocre that lebron AND bosh wanted to come play here. gotcha. question what you want, you dont know much. i understand.

Last edited:
jordan was "given a great supporting cast" did u START watching basketball when jordan STARTED winning? jordan didnt come into the league winning rings ya know. the cast BECAME better, not "let me go grab bird and reggie miller that way we can win now" so no.... you missed MY point "doofus" other dude argued that jordan landed on a team with HOFers. they BECAME HOFers.... reading is FUNdamental

Jordan only played 3 years before Pippen was drafted. The Bulls had a young, up and coming star who developed into an All-Star by his third season. LeBron had nothing like this, please for the love of God don't say Mo Williams. LeBron played 7 years for the Cavs without a legit 2nd star. Their situations were not alike at all.

What? No way in hell would pippen OR rodman have been HOFers without their rings that jordan helped them win. If jordan wasn't on the bulls, BELIEVE they would'nt have won championships with just pippen and rodman as their frontrunners. How is this hard to understand? Jordan made them better as a team AND as players. I feel like I'm arguing with someone born past '95... what year were you born to say such stupid things?

I hate when stupid people speak up. And why is that these same people always speak the loudest?

Do you realize how asinine this is? Pippen was one of the greatest and most versatile defensive players of all time in addition to being a hell of an offensive player. Rodman is indisputably the greatest rebounder of the modern era, you have to go back to Wilt/Russell to find a rebounder on his level. He was annually leading the league in rebounding by a significant margin before he ever played with Jordan. Pippen and Rodman were HOF locks, pretending Jordan made them HOFers is ridiculous.

You need to take a long look in the mirror before throwing that "stupid people" label around.

u wild? wade had a bad (terrible) year when he first got injured right after we won. but then...he skyrocketed. remember the olympics mvp? wade and lebron were the MOST fun to watch go at it. and miami+wade were SO mediocre that lebron AND bosh wanted to come play here. gotcha. question what you want, you dont know much. i understand.
I want to ban you so bad.

He said the Heat were terrible which is undeniable. You then say, "Well then why did LeBron and Bosh go there?"....because they had cap space and Wade. 

No one said they didn't have cap space, no one said Wade was terrible...all he said was the Heat were terrible, which they were before LeBron and Bosh signed.

Please stop the madness.

U wild?

Pippen and Rodman wouldn't have been HOFers without Jordan?

:rofl:

You know what, never mind.

Look at you; in full scorned woman mode. :lol:

I'm sure you had no problem with LeBron joining up with potential HOFers and recruiting players when he was still in Miami.

:lol: @ the notion that being Jordan's teammate was the sole reason the likes of Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman got into the Hall of Fame.

MJ is great that is indisputable, c'mon now.

actually...ive been a heat fan since i was born. I ABSOLUTELY HATED the idea of lebron coming to miami. Yall dont ever mention it... but in the first years of their careers, wade and lebron were pretty evenly matched. Watching them duke it out was GREAT basketball. I hated the idea of lebron COMING HERE to play with wade. I wanted to see them battle. It wasn't until lebron got her that wade fell back and declined significantly. Please dont speak for me like u know me.

Pippen got better as Time went on because he was with Jordan. Jordan got him to elevate his game.

Rodman was already nice. 2 rings with Pistons and DPOY awards.

Rodman nice, but he is just a defensive guy. He isn't carrying a team through playoffs or season alone like Bosh, Wade, Love and Kyrie can.

Bron is the only person in the NBA who wants to team up with Superstars to help him get a ring.

He should've just played it out in CLE the whole time.

I don't believe superstars in their primes should team up. Should be competing vs eachother.

But tek stop lying. You was never a heat fan until Bron came.

Bron is the only person!?! You trolling right? KG and PP, Shaq and Kobe, etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom