2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about moves, it's about your offensive skill set. Having multiple ways to score. It's why the fadeaway is so iconic. To simplify it if all Shaq did was dunk in order to score a lot there wouldn't be anything to talk about cuz dudes wouldn't bother with something like that in a real discussion about the best scorer

Thing is your comparison was pretty bad. Shaq was now of the most agile big men not named Hakeem. His offensive ability was insane before we talk about his straight dominance.

It's why ppl continue to talk about Melo being the better best all around scorer.

When it's the title of offensive player though I'd say efficiency matters more since ppl want to keep mentioning the 50-40-90 club.

Fadeaway is iconic :rofl: just because jordan used it

Its still one of the worst shots in basketball
honestly I use to think it was pretty cool until I tried that **** myself on the court and practiced it. Too much going on with that move. I couldn't believe dudes were doing this routinely with what looked like ease. It definitely creates space but it's such a weird awkward feeling angle to shoot from. I'd rather pump fake my way in to Bolivia and work on a crossover.

This guy is mildly ******ed to bring up Kd's scoring titles. The NBA back then was tougher to get a scoring title. Dudes aren't even cracking 30ppg. It's easy to get a scoring title at 28ppg now.

Look at then a top scorin avg from 90's and early 2000's you'll be shockedddd how much higher it was.

U had shaq, Duncan, Kobe, KG, dirk, AI, tMac, Pierce, Vince etc....

This is true.

KD might be on his way to accumulating 10 scoring titles. But through 7 seasons, he has only two 30 ppg seasons

Michael had 5 through his first 7

Scoring titles don't hold as much weight in this era

Kobe averaged 35 a game shooting 45% in that 05-06 season. Along with 5, 5 and 2 steals. I'm taking prime Kobe over KD and I honestly don't care what "by 25 years old" stats you throw and use as fact that KD's better than him.

32 7 & 6 on 51% is better than 35 5 and 5.

Sorry to dissapoint you.

If you're really about hoops and know a thing or 2 about hoops, you know damn well 32 7 and 6 on 51% is better than 35 5 and 5 on 45%. KD also was over 40% on 3's for good measure.

I think what all of y'all are missing in this argument/discussion/pissing match is the game in the last5-7 years has drastically changed. Hand checks made things harder but people still use them today but they do it more subtely and use their chest and forearms to do it. But the biggest rule change has been the illegal defense rule (and it's not even close) until 5-7 years ago ISO ball was one of the more efficient ways to score if you had a great ball handler who could finish at least decently because defenses didn't help nearly as much ( think about when was the first time you heard the term "help defense" used on a reputable station/forum/broadcast) . Today's game makes it very very hard to "dominate" the way MJ/AI/TMAC/SHAQ did. when having this discussion you need to imagine that KD career ended today. I don't think KD is the greatest offensive player ever but I think he's right around the 4-7 range.

Y'all also miss the obvious that his game is very very very similar to Larry bird. His team is even set up similarly but no where near as much depth and ibaka is closer to parish than mchale

Bruh, you don't understand efficiency.

If Lebron averaged 32 a game, He in all likelihood would not do it at a 51% clip. Lebron is more efficient because he doesn't take as many shots. If he took more shots, his efficiency would probably go down man.
Nope.

27 on almost 60 percent shooting with barely as many free throw attempts as KD. Lebron Effiecent and a better scorer. Smarter too

Roy? Nba all stay mvp?
Nba rookie challenge mvp?
Nba first team? Even mvp

What the **** does that even begin with having to do with being the best offensive player to ever play the game.
Dude is here saying pretty much if he never makes it to a finals or even Wcf or ever get a ring in the league that these accomplishments solely put him in discussions for greatest offensive player to play the game

U ask bird magic Barkley jordan or kd himself they'll say one day hell be in that talk but no not yet..

Ummmm...

Earvin Magic Johnson [emoji]10004[/emoji] @MagicJohnson
Follow
The great ones Michael, Larry, Kareem, LeBron and now Kevin Durant can put their teams on their back and win!
3:49 PM - 28 Jan 2014

Tmac in his prime was a better scorer than KD. If u think not than u think KD is better than a prime Kobe as well.

Melo has the most complete offense in the NBA now, not KD.

KD is up close though. Just wildly overrated. He's nowhere near the best.

Yo :lol:

When was Kobe or Tmac better than KD right now? When?

How does melo have a more complete offensive game than KD? How can you prove this?

KD IS NOWHERE NEAR THE BEST? See man.....this what I be talking about :lol:

you must be stupid if you didn't think T-Mac was arguably the NBA's best scorer in the early 2000's, bruh was unstoppable.

There's more than just Shoeking going for your neck.

You're saying beign 6'10 doesn't matter, you're saying stats don't matter, what does matter?

You're being idiotic and you continue to prove it.

Show me another play that puts up 32 on 50 40 90. Efficiency and production. Just show me. Or do you not need statistics, you just go off your rusty memory?
going for my neck? :lol:
I don't give not a **** bout internet introverts man let ppl have there fun .
Kd is 6"10 so he's taller than avg putting up numbers..u also previously stated his vertical is a reason why he's greatest cuz noone has this...what does that mean to being the greatest offensive player to ever play the game?
He's the tallest player with the highest vert putting up those numbers so that would make him better than someone without that with the same accomplishments?
You see how stupid that sounds?

Numbers don't make you the greatest ever, and scoring titles n stats don't either.. Especially when previous greats put up great numbers n actually 3 peated twice, Kobe once,wilt lol 10+?
Winnings what matters and to win u have to make your entire team better not just stats..jordan elevated Pippens offensive game..can KD elevate Russell?
KLOVE Kd.. Both great numbers 0 rings

@knicks ignor

The greatest offensive player ever to play the game and u can't find a way to score when your shots not on? Nah

The greatest is going to find a way to get his team to the finals atleast... If you can't score on offense in a game 7 and your sitting on the 3 pt line watching your pg try and make something happen.. And you and him.are taking turns spectating eachother on offense
Something is very very wrong..greatest will find a way to put his offense in sync when it's needed to get them to the next level..**** stats
it's not the rings, he has only 1 finals appearance.. The greatest ever and a top 3 pg should get you there..
Hell get to that level and he's on his way.. One day soon hell be in discussions for it..I just don't agree that he already is...nice bait tho

Last edited:
Also talent has been spread actions the NBA (all sports really) in a way that hasn't been seen in a long time. (Example when wilt played there was only about 5-8 good teams a year and MAYBE 3 or 4 who could legitimately win the title

you must be stupid if you didn't think T-Mac was arguably the NBA's best scorer in the early 2000's, bruh was unstoppable.

Bruh show me where I said T Mac wasn't arguably the NBA's best scorer in the early 2000's b? That's not even the discussion :lol: :lol: not to mention that between Mac, Kobe, AI, Shaq, KG, Dirk, there's a few players that could contend for that title anyway.

However, none of those guys were as good as KD was last year. If you feel otherwise, just prove it :lol:

Bruh show me where I said T Mac wasn't arguably the NBA's best scorer in the early 2000's b? That's not even the discussion
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
not to mention that between Mac, Kobe, AI, Shaq, KG, Dirk, there's a few players that could contend for that title anyway.

However, none of those guys were as good as KD was last year. If you feel otherwise, just prove it
laugh.gif
what more proof you want? The facts are there.  Look man, I don't mind helping people, but I aint got time to be teaching people how to read.

Lebron more efficent than KD and he took less shots. FACTS

Bruh, you don't understand efficiency.

If Lebron averaged 32 a game, He in all likelihood would not do it at a 51% clip. Lebron is more efficient because he doesn't take as many shots. If he took more shots, his efficiency would probably go down man.

Man just stop.

KD isn't better than Melo.

Melo can shoot just as good. Melo is a better rebounder and actually has a post up game. KD post game is non existent.

U 7ft and can't post up... Hell outta here....

That's why he be choking in playoffs and take dumb shots.. Him and Westbrook be looking dumb out there every post season going 13-32 and ****. Same thing over and over... ISO ISO ISO ISO ISO...... Melo > KD. Tony Allen isn't putting the clamps on Melo like he put on KD. Melo will just post his short as up using his height advantage. Also did I mention Melo can shoot just as good as KD can shoot???????

Last edited:

Bruh show me where I said T Mac wasn't arguably the NBA's best scorer in the early 2000's b? That's not even the discussion :lol: :lol: not to mention that between Mac, Kobe, AI, Shaq, KG, Dirk, there's a few players that could contend for that title anyway.

However, none of those guys were as good as KD was last year. If you feel otherwise, just prove it :lol:
2002-2003 season, tmac was killin em, now shut up b

View media item 1137830

Man just stop.

KD isn't better than Melo.

Melo can shoot just as good. Melo is a better rebounder and actually has a post up game. KD post game is non existent.

U 7ft and can't post up... Hell outta here....

That's why he be choking in playoffs and take dumb shots.. Him and Westbrook be looking dumb out there every post season going 13-32 and ****. Same thing over and over... ISO ISO ISO ISO ISO...... Melo > KD. Tony Allen isn't putting the clamps on Melo like he put on KD. Melo will just post his short as up using his height advantage. Also did I mention Melo can shoot just as good as KD can shoot???????

Why didn't Melo win MVP? He sounds amazing.

Dude really said what does kd do when his shot isnt falling?

The same thing harden gets hated on for

Living at the ft line

KD could have done some damage had russ stayed out the whole year

Nobody was callin him a could-be goat b'fore his run this year and will forget soon after

I don't think they were meant to be together, kd could be goin jordan w/o russie, and russ could-harden and lead his own team

Won't happen doe

Lebron will go back to winning the lebron award and durant a co-captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom