2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
You root for the team nearest to you

It makes it sweeter when they finally win something

You can go celebrate with your neighborhood when your team wins or is having a run

Most people who are fans of random teams don't pick a random bad team

Its just real frontrunnerish to me

By all means, call me a frontrunner rooting for the Cubs and Dolphins you genius.

Soooooo, by your logic, you grow up in LA, root for Lakers, Dodgers, Raiders, but then get a job in Seattle, what, root for Sonics, Mariners, Seahawks???

You see how simple minded you look right now?

Sports changes every year. People move, multiple times in their life.

Pick your teams when you're 8, ride til you die. Not that hard to figure out.

And **** rooting with my neighborhood.

laugh.gif

That bugs me too

Especially if you live in an area with a professional sports team

I could see if you lived in Montana but rode with the Celtics

But if you live in Atlanta but ride wth the Cowboys instead of the Falcons

Thats fraudulent and there's nothing anybody can say to convince me otherwise
Sometimes people's family raise them to be fans of a certain team. Had friends growing up in TX that would always root for University of Kentucky. That's the one exception I can think of.

Imma die hard Chicago fan (Bulls, Bears, Cubs, Hawks, Fire), but more importantly I'm a sports fan. So I do cheer and support other teams, but not if they're in our division, conference, or if they're just our biggest rivals (Knicks, Packers, Cardinals, Red wings).

I like to discuss other teams and cheer them on when the opportunity is there, as long as it doesn't affect my teams outcome.

You gotta ask yourself are you a sports fan or a fan of just your city? And as it stands I hate the White Sox and they play in Chicago.

Yeah I can like Michael Jordan

I can love Kobe Bryant

But they can eat a d**** when they are playing the Spurs

Like its a special feeling when your hometown team wins

Like this past 2 NBA Finals it was a magical feeling in the area

I'm sure Laker or Heat fans who lived in those cities can relate

For the record, people can like whatever team they want to in my book, as long as they watching sports and we can debate about stuff. That's all that really matters.

Most of these random fans didnt move to a new city

Like if you move to Atlanta from Dallas and you are a Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers etc fan I get it

But dudes are Mariners, Patriots and Lakers fans

I'm like WTF you didn't live in Seattle, Boston and LA

You just saw them on TV when they were better than your hometown team

Or even worse you picked a different contending team to go against the crowd :smh:

How do people from different teams from different parts of the country?

Thats kinda frontrunnerish to me

So, if you grow up in LA, and the Rams and Raiders leave, you stop watchin football?

Or you live in Charlotte, and the Hornets move to New Orleans, but then a new team is created for Charlotte, who you ok with that person rooting for?

Should Baltimore Colts fans root for the Ravens, and not the Colts? But the Ravens used to be the Browns, Sooooooooo?

How bout just letting people make up their own damn minds?
Sucks for those ppl in those places :lol:

Lucky that most of the ppl from NY that could fit that description are mostly senile or dead Dodger fans.

Gotta say though CP, for every person like who you describe there's some queer *** folk who always grew up in one place and are fans of the Cowboys and Lakers and Yankees. Weirdo type lames that think that **** is normal.

You root for the team nearest to you

It makes it sweeter when they finally win something

You can go celebrate with your neighborhood when your team wins or is having a run

Most people who are fans of random teams don't pick a random bad team

Its just real frontrunnerish to me

I love the Lakers. Bleed purple n gold. I don't live in cali. suck my ****

So I picked the Cubs because they're better than the Dodgers? Or Angels? Or A's. Or Giants? Or Mariners. All teams I've lived by.

You realize 4 of those 5 have won World Series titles?

And I'm still ridin Cubs, since I'm 7 years old.

Explain your lame *** theory for that, would love to hear it.

What if the fan was born in Dallas, but moved to Atlanta? You really this slow?
When did they move to the ATL?

:lol: @ moving to ATL and talking about being loyal to their sports teams. That's a transplant town anyway. You grow up there then I can understand why you'd have such a ****** up mix of teams to root for.
So I picked the Cubs because they're better than the Dodgers? Or Angels? Or A's. Or Giants? Or Mariners. All teams I've lived by.

You realize 4 of those 5 have won World Series titles?

And I'm still ridin Cubs, since I'm 7 years old.

Explain your lame *** theory for that, would love to hear it.
By being a life long Lakers fan you needed to balance that out by being a fan of a ****** cursed team? :nerd:

:lol:

Last edited:
I hate the clippers ...
I tell my homie he's an idiot he cuz he likes the clipper and Lakers... Angels and dodgers ..

also the dudes who have backup favorite teams... Weak...snoop dog status...

How do people from different teams from different parts of the country?

Thats kinda frontrunnerish to me

So, if you grow up in LA, and the Rams and Raiders leave, you stop watchin football?

Or you live in Charlotte, and the Hornets move to New Orleans, but then a new team is created for Charlotte, who you ok with that person rooting for?

Should Baltimore Colts fans root for the Ravens, and not the Colts? But the Ravens used to be the Browns, Sooooooooo?

How bout just letting people make up their own damn minds?
Sucks for those ppl in those places :lol:

Lucky that most of the ppl from NY that could fit that description are mostly senile or dead Dodger fans.

Gotta say though CP, for every person like who you describe there's some queer *** folk who always grew up in one place and are fans of the Cowboys and Lakers and Yankees. Weirdo type lames that think that **** is normal.

Hey, I get OBVIOUS ones. I can listen to that, no doubt. Like you said, Yankee, Cowboy, Bulls fan, clearly grew up in the 90's. I get that.

But that ain't what I roll out.

Hypothetical, but say someone's mom goes to UM, likes the Canes/Dolphins.
Meets, and marries man from Chicago, a Cubs fan.
Has son, who grows up in LA.

Judge that book as a frontrunner? :lol:

And no, that's not how I got my teams, but I know people who split teams from parents, or A brother, husband, etc.

Long as the teams don't change every 3 year's, there ain't a problem.

I really dont have a theory

I'm going to try and take an educated guess why you like your teams

You grew up in 1980s?

I think you live in California, I'm not sure

Nope.

WGN. Wrigley. 11:20 AM games in the summer time. Haray Caray. Take me out to the ballgame. Ivy. Brick wall. Wind blowin out. Rooftops. Bleachers. Ryno. Gracie. Maddux. Sosa. Dawson.

I didn't care about the World Series as a kid, I just knew when I woke up, they'd be playin at Wrigley. Back then, felt like every Cubs game was at home. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom