2014 NFL Draft Thread

Bortles is going before Johnny and I wouldn't be shocked if O'Brien took him #1

Teddy isn't considered the can't miss QB he was a year ago

Hell Carr might go before Johnny

I know I did say this on 01/17; where are all the clowns now?

crickets

Last edited:
Stillin said it was a lock :lol:

yeah where did I say it was a lock?

Common sense says he's not a top 5 pick, they can draft him in the second rd or trade up at the end the first for him.

Carr was in a lot of people's top 10 before his bowl game and now he's raising again after his pro day which he did with the flu

If they can't move back and he is their guy they will take him with the #5 pick; Carr is not going to be around in the 2nd round

You say a lot of things :rolleyes

If any of those top-10 teams besides JAX would have aimed for a QB, you better believe they would have snatched him. Every team prior to the Browns at 22 took a need. Obviously those teams didnt need a QB.
So since nobody took Johnny before 22, that means you're right that he was a consensus Top 10 pick? What?

You say a lot of things :rolleyes

yeah where did I say he was a lock at #5? isn't that what you said? I was wrong about going in the first but I never said he was a lock at #5, it's funny you got this little beef with me because I don't agree with your Eagles assessment but you don't choose to acknowledge it you wait for these moments

one more for good measure

He's staying on the roster not as a starter

Jags are taking Bortles if he's there

Last edited:
If any of those top-10 teams besides JAX would have aimed for a QB, you better believe they would have snatched him. Every team prior to the Browns at 22 took a need. Obviously those teams didnt need a QB.
So since nobody took Johnny before 22, that means you're right that he was a consensus Top 10 pick? What?

Leave him be, after what he said to me I figured he wasn't going to listen to anything else.

Sorry AT but it was 'huh' worthy :lol:

Enjoy the draft, exciting stuff for Cleveland.

Hopefully same results as usual though :smokin :lol:

Leave him be, after what he said to me I figured he wasn't going to listen to anything else.

So what are your guy's argument here? That Johnny isn't top-10 worthy, or that teams were scared to take him in the top-10?

I don't get it? I have a raiders fan arguing with me about drafting.

Last edited:
Man you are slow.

You were trying to say that everyone had Johnny as a top 10 pick, because you wanted to make the Browns first round look better than it was. We were telling you that wasn't true. You got upset and stopped trying to make sense.

And I could easily say something snide about you being a Browns fan talking about drafting, so shut it.

Last edited:
From what i've gathered Manziel could have gone top 10 but he didnt. Thats pretty much it, super simple. I have no idea if that makes you wrong or not. But what I do know is that its not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Man you are slow.

You were trying to say that everyone had Johnny as a top 10 pick, because you wanted to make the Browns first round look better than it was. We were telling you that wasn't true. You got upset and stopped trying to make sense.

And I could easily say something snide about you being a Browns fan talking about drafting, so shut it.

:lol: so it's my fault that nearly every mock I've seen dating up to yesterday had Manziel falling somewhere between 1-10?

Let's agree to disagree.

From what i've gathered Manziel could have gone top 10 but he didnt. Thats pretty much it, super simple. I have no idea if that makes you wrong or not. But what I do know is that its not that big of a deal.

You're not the only one either.

Sammy Watkins is awesome but that was still the dumbest move in this entire draft. The Bills already have like 8 good young receivers and just traded for Mike Williams. They could probably get like a 5th for Stevie Johnson.

Last edited:
Gilbert is good and he can play ST.

Gilbert is good, but why in the hell would you give up a mid round pick to move up a single spot, when the Vikings weren't going to take that guy anyways? That's horrible.

That's horrible? It was a secure move.

So moving down 5 spots, than up one more to get the guy they wanted anyways, PLUS a BUFFALO BILLS 1st rounder is horrible?

Wha cha watching bruh?

Anybody blowing down on the Browns 1st round so far are clearly not seeing the bigger picture, or you're probably a fan of another AFC north team.

What the Browns did was genius. Manizel was projected as a top 10 pick - clearly all over every mock from every draft expert. They moved down 5 sports in return getting 2015 first & fourth rounder, plus filled a tremendous need because our secondary was getting burned on every other play last year. Gilbert is super fast, and putting him opposite side of Joe Haden only spells success for a guy with his potential.

So filling that need was a given.

But than also snatching Manziel, who was projected to go to us 4th overall? At 22? That was a steal.

Now we sit here at 35. Marqise Lee seems plausible. That's top-5 WR in this draft. That's a much needed CB, QB and possible WR all within the first 35 picks.

We looking like A+++++ so far.

The only thing Cleveland nailed was the 1/4 from Buff 2015. That's a great move.

Gilbert opp Haden is nice, no doubt. But stop being a homer, there was no reason to move up 1 spot, and just give away a mid round pick. You could have taken Gilbert at 9, no need to go to 8.

And as for drafting Doug Flutie at 22, we all know how that's going to turn out. Same as Quinn, same as Weeden. Pitt, Balt, and Cincy are going to feast on that kid.

Least you got Buffalo's pick next year tho.

Sammy Watkins is awesome but that was still the dumbest move in this entire draft. The Bills already have like 8 good young receivers and just traded for Mike Williams. They could probably get like a 5th for Stevie Johnson.

I feel like I agree. Buffalo has serious need that they could have addressed with a quality player and they went for a home run WR without a QB to get him the ball.

Here is something to view that deal that shows how well Cleveland did tho.

Last year Miami moved from 12 to 3, only costing them a 2nd round pick.

Buffalo moved from 9 to 4, and it cost them a 2015 1st and 4th.

That part, is GREAT value for the Browns. And if Buffalo falters, could be lookin at a top 12 pick or so.

While I'm not a big fan of EJ they have surrounded him with a lot talent. If he can't do anything with this group its going to hurt when they need that first round pick next year.

I wonder where Stevie Johnson lands.

Back
Top Bottom