2014 NFL Draft Thread

“@WillBrinson: Cowboys pick 16th, Ravens 17th in 2014 NFL Draft after a coin flip Wednesday at NFL combine.”

Manziel and Carr not throwing at the combine. I'm sure a few more.

I think it could only hurt Manziel. He's a gamer. Forget practice.

Bortles was a yes to throw last I heard and I don't think Teddy has addressed it. I would guess he does. I hope, at least.

Last edited:
Bortles said on Twitter yesterday he would be throwing.

Then, a bunch of Twitter geeks "confirmed" that Bortles would be throwing.......ya know, after he had just said that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard there were issues with Manziel's throwing mechanics, and he doesn't want those seen in those settings. They said he was working to correct the "flaws" etc, and would try to have them fixed by whatever date he chooses to throw for scouts.

Heard it on the radio or somethin like a week ago. Salt, grain, take, etc.

Tape is the go to, of course. Scouts/GM's/coaches just want to see the Q's throwing makeup at the combine. Mechanics, if the ball explodes out of their hands, arm strength for NFL throws.

It could only hurt Manziel in my opinion. He won't stand out in drills like that as just a passer to random WR's. A pro day suits him better. The film is his money maker though.

Last edited:
Manziel will be throwing at one of TAMU's pro days down the line. If I had to guess he's probably not fully healed from his injury and wants extra time to work on his mechanics with George Whitfield.

Manziel will be throwing at one of TAMU's pro days down the line. If I had to guess he's probably not fully healed from his injury and wants extra time to work on his mechanics with George Whitfield.
He just doesn't want to take the risk of looking bad throwing to WRs he doesn't know in that setting.  There isn't a ton to gain from throwing at the combine.

Combine workout schedule:

» Saturday, Feb. 22: Tight ends, offensive linemen, special teams
» Sunday, Feb. 23: Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers
» Monday, Feb. 24: Defensive linemen, linebackers
» Tuesday, Feb. 25: Defensive backs

Telvin Smith was being interviewed on NFL Radio earlier tonight and he was very cool about the Michael Sam situation. Nothing but good words on Sam and also said he can't wait until the combine to congratulate him. Respect. Good to hear.

Last edited:
Telvin Smith was being interviewed on NFL Radio earlier tonight and he was very cool about the Michael Sam situation. Nothing but good words on Sam and also said he can't wait until the combine to congratulate him. Respect. Good to hear.

My man Telvin :pimp:

I just wish he could keep weight on. Maybe once he gets on the NFL 'nutrition' he may be able to put some more lbs on

Back
Top Bottom