2014 Nissan GT-R Track Pack Edition

i'm not the biggest car guy but...

aesthetically... this car doesnt really pop like its american comp (mustang, charger and challenger)

but i've read that it outperforms those cars.

is this true?

Second line makes first line so true.

The GT-R is NOT in the same class as the Mustang, Charger ect.

More like Viper, Vette and...**** that's it

shh, he'll hear you!
images

sat in a new GTR at my local nissan dealership not to long ago. i swear its been rotting in the lot for like a year. no buyers. anyways at 6'2", honestly, it felt cramped as hell in there. interior is amazing imo. quality thru the roof (im a wrx owner so maybe my views don't hold much weight lol). but its def not a practical car.

imo American cars look nice. I will make this brief, but I hate the GTR because it requires no skill to drive. Put me behind the wheel and I'll beat Jimmie Johnson. It's ALL computerized. No such thing as wheel spin in a GTR.

The COPO Camaro however, :pimp:

Funny you say that. Reminds me of the video where Jeremy Clarkson was reviewing it around a track in Japan and snapped his neck up because the car handled so aggressively. This was the first generation GT-R too.

Yes. It's "automatic" and everything is monitored by computers, etc. That doesn't mean anyone can take it to the track and start putting down Keiichi Tsuchiya hot laps like they're playing Gran Turismo.

I think that's the beauty of it. The GT-R can be driven all year round as a comfortable daily driver by the average dude (that can afford it) and it can out perform many cars way above its price range.

so... is it a super car or a daily driver? Sure as hell can't be both.

That's, like, one of the GT-R's "things". It CAN be both.

imo American cars look nice. I will make this brief, but I hate the GTR because it requires no skill to drive. Put me behind the wheel and I'll beat Jimmie Johnson. It's ALL computerized. No such thing as wheel spin in a GTR.

The COPO Camaro however,
pimp.gif
Funny you say that. Reminds me of the video where Jeremy Clarkson was reviewing it around a track in Japan and snapped his neck up because the car handled so aggressively. This was the first generation GT-R too.

Yes. It's "automatic" and everything is monitored by computers, etc. That doesn't mean anyone can take it to the track and start putting down Keiichi Tsuchiya hot laps like they're playing Gran Turismo.

I think that's the beauty of it. The GT-R can be driven all year round as a comfortable daily driver by the average dude (that can afford it) and it can out perform many cars way above its price range.

Absolutely agree with all of this.  Really enjoyed this Ignition episode detailing the 2014 GTR Track Edition.  "Supercar destroyer" or "Giant killer" is what really intrigues me about this car.  Even though this car is not a manual transmission, I think you still need to be a fairly good driver to handle the power that it delivers.  I mean this thing is an all wheel drive monster with 0-60 times in the upper 2 second range.  That is Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo number territory and for a quarter of the price in some cases.  It really is the "bargain" supercar, a realistic vehicle that can be driven in almost any condition.  The idea of an everyday supercar is to me the holy grail of cars.

My only wish is that the next generation R36 will shed some weight and give the styling a bit more curves and fine lines.  To me, the styling is the only thing that has held me back from purchasing this generation.  It's just so big and boxy for my taste.  Somebody above put it in the class of Mustangs, Chargers, and Challengers, which is how I believe the average person would view this vehicle from its outside appearance.  It's sad, because this engine is one of the truly amazing marvels of our generation, doing what Acura with the NSX and Toyota with the Supra could never do, and that's challenge the Brits, Germans and Italians at the highest level of sportscar manufacturing.

Come on Nissan, make the next gen look like a 100K car should and then we will have a contender for the ultimate daily supercar, which I still think after all these year's remains the 911. 

The COPO Camaro however, :pimp:

Absolutely agree with all of this.  Really enjoyed this Ignition episode detailing the 2014 GTR Track Edition.  "Supercar destroyer" or "Giant killer" is what really intrigues me about this car.  Even though this car is not a manual transmission, I think you still need to be a fairly good driver to handle the power that it delivers.  I mean this thing is an all wheel drive monster with 0-60 times in the upper 2 second range.  That is Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo number territory and for a quarter of the price in some cases.  It really is the "bargain" supercar, a realistic vehicle that can be driven in almost any condition.  The idea of an everyday supercar is to me the holy grail of cars.

My only wish is that the next generation R36 will shed some weight and give the styling a bit more curves and fine lines.  To me, the styling is the only thing that has held me back from purchasing this generation.  It's just so big and boxy for my taste.  Somebody above put it in the class of Mustangs, Chargers, and Challengers, which is how I believe the average person would view this vehicle from its outside appearance.  It's sad, because this engine is one of the truly amazing marvels of our generation, doing what Acura with the NSX and Toyota with the Supra could never do, and that's challenge the Brits, Germans and Italians at the highest level of sportscar manufacturing.

Come on Nissan, make the next gen look like a 100K car should and then we will have a contender for the ultimate daily supercar, which I still think after all these year's remains the 911. 

Only DD supercars I can think of are the 911, R8, FF, and maybe SLS...

Back
Top Bottom