• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NORMAN — In a surveillance video clip lasting just less than three minutes, Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon is shown punching a 20-year-old OU female student after a brief confrontation.

Norman Police showed the tape to about 40 members of the media Thursday morning at the Norman Investigations Center.

The clip was played five times for the group.

On the surveillance video taken from Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe at just after 2:30 a.m. on July 25, the alleged victim, Amelia Rae Molitor leans over a table talking to people on the other side of the table before making a motion like she’s calling someone over.

JOE MIXON TAPE: What the media saw Thursday

Soon, Mixon appears wearing a t-shirt with sunglasses propped on his forehead and a lanyard around his neck.

Neither Molitor nor Mixon appear threatened based on their body language and Mixon appears to start to walk away before Molitor pushes him. Mixon lunges at her with a closed fist by his side before Molitor slaps him near the top of his neck on his left side.

That’s when Mixon delivers a right hook that knocks Molitor first into the table on her left ear and then to the floor where she laid motionless for several moments.

Shortly thereafter she stands up but staggers a bit before sitting down on a chair as others call police and get napkins and ice for Molitor.

Molitor allegedly suffered fractures of her jaw, cheek bone, sinus and orbital bone.

Immediately after the punch, Mixon exited the frame of the video toward the front of the restaurant, which is located just north of OU’s campus. He never re-entered the shot and no other football players were seen in the video.

Near the end of the video, Molitor also exited the frame toward the front of the eatery.

Mixon has been charged with one count of acts resulting in gross injury. He has pleaded not guilty and is schedule to appear in court Sept. 23.

The day of his initial appearance, Aug. 18, OU President David Boren, athletic director Joe Castiglione and Sooners football coach Bob Stoops met with Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn and viewed the video.

Later that day, Mixon—a five-star recruit from Oakley, Calif.—was suspended for one year.

Norman Police showed the tape in response to open records requests filed by The Oklahoman  and other media outlets. Police are not releasing the video on the recommendation of a municipal attorney who says the law requires police only to make arrest records available for public inspection.

On Nov. 1, the law changes to explicitly state that copies of this and other records covered by open records laws are to be made available.

He did end up visiting one school — USC. "They dazzled the hell out of me," he says, and he called Drake from in front of the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles to tell him as much. It was everything he wanted, a big-time program with a position coach whom he trusted in Joe Barry, but most importantly a place where he could blend in. Drake cautioned him not to make a hasty commitment, but he knew Lyerla the way he knew his own sons; "I knew in my heart of hearts that he wanted to go to SC," Drake says.

This was fine with Drake. Better than fine, actually; even something he encouraged. Drake knew that "there's a good Colt crowd and a bad Colt crowd," that some of Colt's friends lived from party to party and that it would be much easier for the bad crowd to follow him to Eugene or Corvallis than it ever would be Los Angeles. "He needed to start over," he says. "He grew up in a fishbowl ... I wanted him to get away from [that], as any father would." Lyerla's family was on board, too. "There was a point where me and my mom and everyone in my family was like 'Yeah, like, go to USC,'" he says. "'We can't wait for you to go to USC.'" For once, everything was lining up exactly how he'd planned.

Their enthusiasm dampened when an unofficial adviser weighed in. Lyerla declines publicly to identify the man, a powerful University of Oregon booster known to the family. The adviser made the benefits of that decision clear. If Lyerla went to Oregon, "I was promised a house, a car, all these things."

Lyerla knew the man had the means to deliver on his guarantees. Tammy knew that as well, too, and now she leaned on her son to sign with the Ducks, a change Lyerla believes was made with the best intentions, but inspired by her precarious living situation. "All of a sudden, it was ‘You need to go to Oregon. That's the best place for you. They're going to take care of you,' he says. "My mom was really impressionable. When it was me and my mom in high school, it was $600 a month for the both of us. That's how we lived ... anything good financial-wise that would take care of me or take care of her, she was going to go for it."

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/9/3/6096841/colt-lyerla-profile-oregon-football

love hearing stories like this because it just makes you wonder about the elite recruits and what they are promised

He did end up visiting one school — USC. "They dazzled the hell out of me," he says, and he called Drake from in front of the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles to tell him as much. It was everything he wanted, a big-time program with a position coach whom he trusted in Joe Barry, but most importantly a place where he could blend in. Drake cautioned him not to make a hasty commitment, but he knew Lyerla the way he knew his own sons; "I knew in my heart of hearts that he wanted to go to SC," Drake says.

This was fine with Drake. Better than fine, actually; even something he encouraged. Drake knew that "there's a good Colt crowd and a bad Colt crowd," that some of Colt's friends lived from party to party and that it would be much easier for the bad crowd to follow him to Eugene or Corvallis than it ever would be Los Angeles. "He needed to start over," he says. "He grew up in a fishbowl ... I wanted him to get away from [that], as any father would." Lyerla's family was on board, too. "There was a point where me and my mom and everyone in my family was like 'Yeah, like, go to USC,'" he says. "'We can't wait for you to go to USC.'" For once, everything was lining up exactly how he'd planned.

Their enthusiasm dampened when an unofficial adviser weighed in. Lyerla declines publicly to identify the man, a powerful University of Oregon booster known to the family. The adviser made the benefits of that decision clear. If Lyerla went to Oregon, "I was promised a house, a car, all these things."

Lyerla knew the man had the means to deliver on his guarantees. Tammy knew that as well, too, and now she leaned on her son to sign with the Ducks, a change Lyerla believes was made with the best intentions, but inspired by her precarious living situation. "All of a sudden, it was ‘You need to go to Oregon. That's the best place for you. They're going to take care of you,' he says. "My mom was really impressionable. When it was me and my mom in high school, it was $600 a month for the both of us. That's how we lived ... anything good financial-wise that would take care of me or take care of her, she was going to go for it."

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/9/3/6096841/colt-lyerla-profile-oregon-football

Uncle Phil. :pimp:

:lol: Jerry isn't gonna go hire a college coach and Sumlin ain't gonna go be anybody's yes man...

He'll end up there at some point, but why rush and take a ****** job? Another big season and A&M will bump him another million or more. He's got Hill, Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray lined up for the next 5-6 years.. And he owns recruiting in Texas and that grasp only gets stronger as Charlie continues to run kids off while staring a 4-8 dead in the eyes..

His buyout is astronomical for the next couple of years at least, too.

Can't give Sumlin another mill if he doesn't go to a big time bowl...pressure will be on once people realize he isn't getting them NCs or BCS bowls, hyped recruits and decent records only go so far.

*edit actually they can, A&M isn't really used to this popularity and success.

Last edited:

I do not condone Joe's violence what so ever and he should have known to walk away but, the old DA simply state that by law once someone initiates contact (shove, slap) that starts the fight and that person should be charged with A & B. The current DA said that if it was a guy on guy fight no charges would be filed but since it is guy on girl that is why he was charged. It says no where in the law that a gender should have a determining factor on A & B. Having said that I think all charges will be dropped and at most Joe has to do community service. If people are mad blame it on the current DA for opening his mouth.

Video came out to the media and it really hasn't blown over so things have cooled off well.

And to put Notre Dame in as a team that doesn't wAnt to play Bama is wild. ND being of no conference at all plays the most well rounded and diverse yet toughest schedule year in and out. They'd take
Bama no questions , you gotta stop, I respect their program a lot for this.

I see it's going on 4 days now of discussing this one topic at length so, I guess I'll let it live, it's either that or talk about that #canelife
only thing worth reading.....

you said teams are dying to play bama cause it's a money game. No team in the power 5 conference is looking for money games.

I'm convinced you don't watch/know football. It's cool though. 

@Th3RealF0lkBlu3s  After one week your boy Snoop Lyin' is a USC fan again 
laugh.gif

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11463444

You can keep him.

A day later and you finally have a decent answer thought up.
Funny, once you find the balls to respond half way decent, her comes all your cosigners stepping up too, in your defense.
I could care less what you're starting to think about what I know about football. If I was you and felt that way, I'd just stop responding, but it's obvious you feel the need to defend your silly accusations of me saying "Bama has a weak schedule".

If it was that absurd of a comment, you wouldn't be trying to prove how absurd it was, the comment alone would prove that.
Man bye.

ND schedule isn't tough? For real? I bet it's top ten AGAIN :LIKE ALWAYS in strength of schedule.

I'd say go look but somehow what you guys deem as valuable and tough FAR OUTWEIGHS what the FBS uses to gauge strength of schedule.

If ND isn't top ten strength this year, I will delete my screen name and dissapear forever

Last edited:
These AQM rumors better not be true of him getting into a fight with his roommate because he pushed his son and didn't let his mom into his dorm. I didn't even know he had a son

Can't give Sumlin another mill if he doesn't go to a big time bowl...pressure will be on once people realize he isn't getting them NCs or BCS bowls, hyped recruits and decent records only go so far.

*edit actually they can, A&M isn't really used to this popularity and success.
I mean, that's the kind of season I was referring to before he got another raise...

A Final Four playoff berth and they'll mess around and pay him $6million or more.

I don't think he's there yet, but he's certainly on his way.

ND schedule isn't tough? For real? I bet it's top ten AGAIN :LIKE ALWAYS in strength of schedule.

I'd say go look but somehow what you guys deem as valuable and tough FAR OUTWEIGHS what the FBS uses to gauge strength of schedule.

If ND isn't top ten strength this year, I will delete my screen name and dissapear forever

LULz @ again...that same tough schedule that prepared them to play against bama (the team who had the weak schedule) in the title game right ?

Sitcho gat damn *** down

These OU fans on the radio taking up for Joe Nixon are detached from reality. I haven't seen that video but heard he rearranged her face. If he did that to a woman of my family, I'd bust his kneecaps and end his career, then feel horrible about it later.
Buster *** dude

Last edited:
These OU fans on the radio taking up for Joe Nixon are detracted from reality. I haven't seen that video but heard he rearranged her face. If he did that to a woman of my family, I'd bust his kneecaps and end his career, ten is feel horrible about it later.
Buster *** dude

lmao you a trip bruh

Hey dummy, why are you bringing up NDs 2011 schedule? Because the 2104( you know, schedule we are discussing) doesn't support your argument.

Dummy

Idk why y'all entertain this special child. Poor kid didn't even know what class change was in HS. Stared at the same clock all day with his other 4 classmates.

Damn my bad, ND isn't top ten this year, they're top 5.

Does anyone have the Joe Mixon video, I need to see this.

Last edited:
Damn my bad, ND isn't top ten this year, they're top 5.

Does anyone have the Joe Mixon video, I need to see this.

Only media and they weren't allowed to record it. Peep this for the description by some OU reporters. https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1677637

He got his punishment and will most likely get community service or probation by the law. You can thank the DA for that one, he spoke too much and made his case based on gender bias. Technically, she started the A&B and Mixon had a right to defend himself.

However, according to the report he had more than enough time to walk away which is why he was kicked off the team. Regardless of if he get slapped first he had every opportunity to leave the situation. That being said he deserves a second chance and will be on the field for OU next year probably scoring many touchdowns and getting everyone's jimmys rustled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom