2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Y'all forget we are the biggest market in the nation. Being #1 makes it easier for them to rig the lotto for us, you gotta look at the big picture here fellas :lol:

We already had Stern try and protect us by keeping Isiah away a second time, lets make it easy for Silver now.

i'm not about to be happy because "worst team hasn't won the lottery in ___ years"

worst record gives the best odds at #1 overall & guaranteed top 4. guaranteed top 5 isn't bad at all, but top 6 would be absolutely horrible after the historically bad season.

we need one of Towns, Okafor, Russell, Winslow, or Mudiay to start the rebuild. Stan Johnson & WCS are nice players, but don't have the superstar potential the top 5 have.

this team is the reason why i'm gonna be taking pills for high blood pressure by the time i'm 20 tonight
Fixed.
i'm not about to be happy because "worst team hasn't won the lottery in ___ years"

worst record gives the best odds at #1 overall & guaranteed top 4. guaranteed top 5 isn't bad at all, but top 6 would be absolutely horrible after the historically bad season.

we need one of Towns, Okafor, Russell, Winslow, or Mudiay to start the rebuild. Stan Johnson & WCS are nice players, but don't have the superstar potential the top 5 have.
This.

Sure, nothing is guaranteed in the NBA, but you ALWAYS want the numbers in your favor.

You can play the argument that the "#1 team hasnt got the #1 pick in x amount of years," but technically that makes it all the more likely that it happens this year. Just by the laws of probability.

Also just because the #1 pick isnt that likely to get the #1 pick doesnt mean that the #2 pick is more likely or the #3 pick and so on. All it means is that the field is more likely to get the #1 pick than the worst team but the worst team still has the best odds out of any spot.

Its like what I kept saying about the NCAA Tourney this year. When people would ask me if I though Kentucky would win the tournament, I would respond "No," because anything can happen in March. But if you asked me to choose the team that I thought was most likely to win the tournament I would have chose Kentucky. Because out of all the teams in the tourney I thought UK was by far the best and had the best chances to win but I still thought at the end of the day it was more likely that UK would slip and the field would win out. And obviously that ended up happening but just because Duke ended up winning it all, doesnt mean that Duke was more likely to win the tournament than Kentucky was. If that makes sense to yall.

Regardless as nickmaz eloquentally pointed out, getting the #1 lotto odds wasnt even about getting the #1 pick. Sure, it put us in a position to be more likely than any other team to get the #1 pick, but it still only gave us a 25% shot at the #1 pick meaning that there was still a 75% chance that someone from the field got the pick and not us even though we would have had the best odds out of any other team. Having the worst record in the NBA was so important because it came as close to guaranteeing a top 3 pick as possible for us. The worst draft pick the team with the worst record could get is #4, and this is widely considered to be a 4 player top of the draft class. Also, the odds of the worst team sliding all the way down to #4 is even lower than the odds of the worst team winning the lotto and getting the first pick, so it is almost guaranteed that the team with the worst record would wind up with a top 3 pick, which would practically guarantee the Knicks from selecting Russell or Towns (unless we were stupid and drafted Okafor), who are my 2 favorite players for the Knicks in the draft.

Now with the 2nd worst record we are less likely to get the #1 pick, more likely to slide out of the top 3, and we can go as far down as #5. Obviously we could still get the first pick just like we could still get the 2nd or the 3rd pick, but it ***** up our odds. Like I said you always want the numbers in your favor. It is SO dumb to argue that the #1 spot isnt good because the "worst team hasnt gotten the first pick in X number of years," because it is even less likely for the #2 or #3 spot to get the first pick and it is more likely for teams in those later spots to fall out of the top 3, which IMO would be a travesty for the season we just had and the need we have for a franchise player.

If we beat Detroit and tie with Philly or I think even move to the third spot if we do tie Philly because we own the tiebreaker (I think that is the case but I am not 100% sure), I am going to be ******* livid. I guess I could live with the #2 spot as long as we own 100% of those ping pong balls and we dont have to share them with Philly or move to third. If this team finishes the season on a 3 game winning streak I guarantee we get ****** in the lottery.

That is just SUCH a Knicks thing to happen. Have the worst record all season long only to finish the season with a meaningless 3 game winning streak and slipping to 5-6 in the lottery and winding up with Justice Winslow or Stanley Johnson or even more likely one of the foreigners or Kaminsky... Can't you see it now? I can.

Knicks get ****** in the lotto and then with dudes like Winslow and Stanley Johnson on the board (and Knicks fans still pissed off that those are the top 2 options at this point after thinking we would have the first pick), Phil throws a curve ball and drafts one of the top 2 foreigners or Kaminsky to a showering of Boos at the Garden. Then we strike out in free agency besides signing Greg Monroe to a monster contract.

Knicks fans are pissed off as **** and then to top it all off we have to spend all summer reading about how Phil and Fisher dont regret those wins to end the season as the go on and on about how the foreigner we draft or Kaminsky is "such a great fit for the system" and how "Knicks fans need to be patient and trust the system." Kill me now if that happens. Mark my words. Thank you.  
mean.gif

Last edited:
moral victories :pimp:

im not against winslow or johnson—more so if we were a team like the pistons with some good pieces already on board—but for the knicks roster, meh, i really want one of these big men.

This whole organization just frustrates me to no end. It's unbearable. Oddly enough I'm not as pissed with the Mets :lol:

Last edited:
How does tiebreaker work in the NBA lottery? Please don't tell me that we have to do the coin-flipping thing. That's even worse. :lol:

Im pretty sure that if the Knicks win tomorrow and Philly loses we get #3 and they get #2, no tie breaker. I think the Minnesota coin flip tie break situation was only because we split the season series. With the 76ers we own the season series vs them so I think that if we tie we get the third place odds and can fall as low as 6 
mean.gif

Actually I know for a fact that if we tie with Philly they automatically own the tiebreaker and would get the 2 spot while we would get 3, no tiebreaker. What I am unsure of is if we would split the odds of the 2nd spot like we would have done with Minneosta regardless of who won the coin flip, or if they just solely own the 2nd spot by themselves and we would own the 3rd.

If the Knicks fall to #3... 
indifferent.gif

I will be at the Garden tomorrow night and I will be going NUTS for Detroit.

I get the pride factor and the fluke victories the past 2 nights. I can somewhat understand all that, but if the Knicks lose tomorrow night it is 100% on Phil Jackson. 

At this point if he doesnt sit down with Fisher and tell him what's what with the team seriously at risk of ******* up everything we have worked all season for, Phil is a ******* idiot who doesnt know what the hell he is doing. Seriously, this isnt some crazy theory. This is cold hard facts. There is a reason that EVERY SINGLE TEAM besides the Knicks in the bottom 5 of the NBA is on some sort of losing streak right now, yet the Knicks have won 2 straight. They cant do a ******* thing right. Ive had their back with the losing all season but this **** is beyond ridiculous. And I could almost understand this if Fisher was a lame duck head coach who wants to boost his coaching resume and didnt give a **** about the future of the Knicks, but Fisher is here for the long haul. Losing is in his best interest as well. He needs to know all that.

If the Knicks win tomorrow, knowing that we NEED to lose. Fisher should be fired on the spot. I have had his back all season long and love how positive he has stayed and I trust he will learn how to become a better coach especially with wifey out of the picture, but with everything on the line the Knicks should go out and lose by 30+ tomorrow. There is no reason not to. He should tell the ******* players playing for their "jobs" that if they dont take tomorrow night, whoever ***** it up will be guaranteed to not have a place on the Knicks roster next season.

There are so many things we could do to lose, we lose all the ******* time anyway, there is 0 reason why we should win tomorrow night. If we fall to that third spot I will seriously be ******* done with this ****. Obviously I wont actually be because I have a disease, but ill say that I will be!

Last edited:
My man Phil is about creating a culture. You add a piece like Demarcus after its established, not during the process.

Don't like the idea of he and Melo playing together and as the "vets."

Last edited:
Just looked at Knicks schedule and we were 0-2 vs the T'Wolves and we were 3-1 vs Philly.

I know that if we tied with Wolves there would have been a coin flip tie breaker to determine the #1 spot and we would have split the #1-#2 odds equally (each having a 22.3% chance I believe, which is in between the 25% chance of #1 and the 18.something% chance for #2)

So if that were to happen if we tied with Minnesota despite them owning the season series vs us, it wouldnt make sense for Philly to automatically jump us if we tied them because we own the season series.

If we win tomorrow night (God help me. Even writing that makes me want to vomit.) and Philly loses, resulting in a tie vs us and Philly we would have to split the odds of #2 and #3 spots 50//50, and a coin flip would determine who would technically be #2 and technically be #3 (important obviously because #2 cant fall out of top 5 and #3 can fall to pick #6). It wouldnt make sense for that not happen.

So I guess that is good news as opposed to us automatically moving to #3 if we tied with Philly because we own the season series. But PLEASE ******* GOD let us just lose tomorrow night like a good tanking team and get the #2 spot and call it a day. Thank you.

Last edited:
At the end of the day I just want a quick PG who can split defenses and bigs that can clean up Melo's misses

Back
Top Bottom