2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Who likes Cleveland ? If Melo can recruit him and Jimmy B on the squad that team wipes the floor with Cleveland.

Last edited:
It would be kind of ironic if Phil even makes an offer to Kevin Love after saying he only wants players who care about winning and don't care about branding. Why the hell else would Love leave Cleveland then :lol:

And btw that starting 5 posted before is impossible to make happen with our cap room. Unless maybe someone kidnaps Jose. What are the rules if a player is a missing person? How long before they're off the cap? Pls respond.

Last edited:
If Love is smart, he realizes that there is no future for him in Cleveland as a star player. He won't even be finishing games in crunch time. I think he wants to be a main contributor to a title contender...not a glorified role player for LeBron to designate when and when he won't utilize. He is easily one of the most selfish/self enamored superstars that I have ever seen. Crazy how huge of a free pass he gets for it. Absolutely baffling to me

Last edited by a moderator:
man ya dudes in here stay trippin,why would ya want love ? dude is injury prone like hell,when will ya knicks fans learn.smh keep that dude far away from the knicks please 

Last edited by a moderator:
Love stayed relatively healthy last season besides Olynyk pulling his arm out of his socket.

Not fair at all to hit Kevin Love with the 'injury prone' label. 

That being said...you're not gonna win a championship with Melo and Love on the court together defending WC forwards or constantly hiding one of them on someone else. Not only is it extremely unrealistic to think dude would sign w/ the Knicks, but I'm not sure why we would want that IF we're looking at it from the organization's standpoint of building the best team around Melo to win ASAP.

Last edited:
If those level 1 FAs have a max of 15mil, waive caldo, sign 2 of them (if we can somehow persuade them to leave their teams), use our trade exceptions to sign role players, draft a PG, and use our bird rights and vet min to fill out the roster.

Do it. Do it now Phil.

D'Angelo Russell: 'I Can Definitely Thrive' in Knicks' Triangle

newrussell.jpg

D'Angelo Russell didn't know much about the triangle a few weeks ago.

But he got a good look at the New York Knicks offense during a film session with team president Phil Jackson and other members of the organization earlier this month.

[table][tr][td]
"Now that I look at it, Kobe had great success in it. The shots that he took, the shots that he made were in the same areas, all from the offense. So I think I can definitely thrive there," Russell said in a phone interview on Friday.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Those words may excite a Knicks fan base that is looking for the organization to hit a home run with the fourth pick in the NBA draft.

The Knicks would probably jump at the opportunity to draft Russell, the sharp-shooting lefty point guard from Ohio State, on Thursday night.

But it seems unlikely that Russell will be available when New York makes its selection. The Knicks brought Russell in for a workout last week to get a closer look at the 19-year-old in case he falls to the fourth pick.

Russell discussed the interview in a phone interview in conjunction with the American Express Home Court Advantage Rookie Draft Desk Series, a video look at his career.

[table][tr][td]
"It was great, just to be in the mecca," Russell said of the Knicks workout. "It was my second workout. Just being in New York was a great feeling and getting the opportunity to work out for one of most well-known teams in the NBA was just a blessing."
[/td][/tr][/table]
Russell said he met with Jackson and Knicks coach Derek Fisher during the workout.
[table][tr][td]
"They did a great job of opening the doors for me and letting me ask anything I needed," Russell said. "I asked them what’s one thing I can do to separate myself and they gave me some great knowledge on that. They’ve seen the greatest of the greats come through this league. So they know what it takes."
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Knicks are considering all of their options with the draft pick, including the possibility of trading it for a package that includes a lower pick.

Jackson said in an interview with The New York Times on Thursday that New York would likely draft a guard or a wing and pursue big men in free agency.

Given that mindset, players such as Russell, Emmanuel Mudiay and Justise Winslow would seem to fit the Knicks' draft plans.

Russell is widely projected to be selected within the top three picks on Thursday. But European big man Kristaps Porzingis has drawn interest and, according to reports, is being considered by Philadelphia as a candidate for the third pick.

If the Sixers take Porzingis, Russell could fall into the Knicks' lap.

For his part, it seems like Russell is looking forward simply to getting to Thursday night. The individual workouts have been a daunting process.

[table][tr][td]
"It’s the hardest thing ever -- not being able to play in 5-on-5 settings or competitive settings," Russell said. "Going city to city trying to impress teams is tough because you never know what they think about you. So that’s probably the toughest part."
[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
do not want kevin love at all.keep him in cleveland,how is he not injury prone? lol last season was the first time he wasnt injured and then guess what he gets injured in the playoffs.letting some dude pop his arm out. thats sawft.im good we need tough knicks players not these chip chasers man

So the dudes in here who don't not want Kristaps, is it because he's from White, from Europe, and has a funny name?

Cause what I've seen, this dude is a problem. You can't teach 7 feet, especially to do what he's done in tryouts.

Back
Top Bottom