2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

So the dudes in here who don't not want Kristaps, is it because he's from White, from Europe, and has a funny name?

Cause what I've seen, this dude is a problem. You can't teach 7 feet, especially to do what he's done in tryouts.

We haven't had a PG in forever, we can potentially solve that problem for the next decade in this draft. Also seems like every team has a good PG and it's part of the evolution of the modern game.

Bad history with Euro players on this team, especially bigs.

Last edited:
roll.gif

I'm torn on who I want. Both seem like they're high IQ players at their positon so rn idc. I do want my PG to know how to hit a open 3 though.

he's gotten comparisons to Bargnani

pass
We haven't had a PG in forever, we can potentially solve that problem for the next decade in this draft. Also seems like every team has a good PG and it's part of the evolution of the modern game.

We've had a bad history with ALL types of players in the past 15 years, that shouldn't be an excuse to pass on him :lol:

Nick, Comparisons to Bargnani? Is that a legitimate reason to pass on him? Would it change your mind if some sports writer was comparing him to Dirk instead?

-This dude is athletic man, something Dirk neither Bargani never have been.

Last edited:
Kid is talented, but I dont have to see this dude play one minute in the NBA and i'll tell you right now that he will never be better than Dirk.

Plus this is the first time we landed a top 4 pick. No thanks on using it on a euro.

Last edited:
i've seen "more Bargs than Dirk"

he could be the best player in the draft 10 years down the road but i don't want to be the team to take that chance.

yea pretty much.  these type of prospects typically don't pan out in the league

Yea well, I figured. :lol:

Spurs have taught some of ya'll nothing. :lol:

These highlight gif's of Russell or Mudiay don't sway me much. Kristaps, if you're listening I'll take you with open arms if you're available. No need for xenophobia when it comes down to looking towards our future.

Yea well, I figured.
laugh.gif

Spurs have taught some of ya'll nothing.
laugh.gif

These highlight gif's of Russell or Mudiay don't sway me much. Kristaps, if you're listening I'll take you with open arms if you're available. No need for xenophobia when it comes down to looking towards our future.
what do the spurs have to do with it?  the guy aint that quick and is frail. no thanks

he's gotten comparisons to Bargnani

pass

We've had a bad history with ALL types of players in the past 15 years, that shouldn't be an excuse to pass on him :lol:

Nick, Comparisons to Bargnani? Is that a legitimate reason to pass on him? Would it change your mind if some sports writer was comparing him to Dirk instead?

-This dude is athletic man, something Dirk neither Bargani never have been.
Kostas papanikolas was a baller in europe. Where he out now.

If Kristapas is the dude who Phil wants to trust this team's future in, I will support that until he loses my support.

None of us know enough about the dude to try and tell Phil he is wrong if Phil loves what he sees. Phil knows all that is at stake with this pick and Zinger most definitely intrigues me. Zinger is 19 and he is the tallest and most versatile big in the draft. Also has more experience than any of these college kids do playing more than 20 mpg in League A in Spain (most competitive league in Europe) and the EuroCup. at least I don't think dude is a joke, or a "soft Euro," a stereotype he HATES but can not shake.

And from what I have read about dude and his mentality, as I've said in here probably 100x, I would LOVE to see how he responds to the ridiculous amount of inevitable Boos he is going to get from the packed house amount of Knicks fans that will be at Barclays on draft night watching the Knicks highest pick since Ewing... Even if only for my own personal amusement :lol:

"The Latvian KG"... Zinger gonna change the game :lol: :pimp:

... But for real though, just draft one of these PGs :rofl:

Last edited:
Zinger is gonna need 2-3 years before he even becomes what he could be. That alone, I rather pass on. Mudiay can come in and contribute right away.

This man knows, even though Russell would be alright too. Everytime I think of Zinger, I picture Kukoc and how he was heralded before he come over, and his first year he got slaughtered.

What about Porzingis has anything to do with San Antonio teaching us something. Most of their foreign players that matter are clearly mixed with black or are South American (please don't go all stormfront and derail this into a racial debate of why they're basically european, even though i know you have a borderline unhealthy obsession with racial things like this.)

I don't remember a straight up white player who's number one strength was physical tools ever panning out.

We have our highest pick in forever, and no pick next year, there's no reason to gamble with it. Players in the mold of Russell and Mudiay are a proven commodity in this league. And being that the direction of the team is to stick with Melo, will much better compliment him.

And you're my dude in the soccer thread, but you clearly have a smug attitude toward people of certain backgrounds.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind taking a Euro if he seemed like the goods with a lower pick, but we should stay conservative. We're not in the position of say the Pistons to gamble on a Euro when they picked Darko.

View media item 1591546

just seen this pic as a possible trade rumor, it'll never happen in my opinion, mainly because of the orange uni :lol:

just realized my daughter's graduation is on Thursday and it starts at 5:30 :smh:

she wants to go out to dinner after, I'm gonna miss the draft >:

I'll be checking my phone all night, I'm sure it'll be on point in here .... I wanna smack her ....

:lol:

she's becoming a real pain in the a^^, might let u know @ 20, give her at least 2 years of college :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom