2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Gotta say from what I've read and seen I'd be happy with Zingis. Still would rather have DLo/Muddy but this guy Zingis seems like he wants to break the mold of the recent European guys. You gotta have an elite PG these days if you wanna compete with the best teams in the league, there's no doubt about it.

I think a lot of the recent european guys have been relatively quiet talking about themselves, kinda hiding behind their foreign personality in a way. I love that this kid is direct, fluent in english and not afraid to say what he doesn't want to become. You rarely hear the European guys bashing on each other saying "oh i DON'T wanna be like this guy or that guy" In one of the interviews I saw this dude flat out listed like 10 busts and said I'm trying to change the attitude towards Europeans :lol:

He could very well be a bust but I love the kid's attitude. I wouldn't be mad at all if Phil took him.

**That DLo pass is 8) ...but that's also some trademark off the ball Shumpert D :lol:

Last edited:
Catching up on the last few pages.

Frederic Weiss
MilosVujanic
Nene
Maciej Lampe
Slavko Vranes
Galinari
Kostas Papanikolaou
Thanasis Antetokounmpo

This is why I personally don't want a foreign player. We have a pretty poor track record. Also don't forget Darko had an amazing workout with Detroit, but the draft is a gamble like someone said earlier.
laugh.gif

Oh and we NEED a point guard!!!
Dude 5 of the 8 players you mentioned were ******* 2nd round picks.NONE of these guys were near the level of prospect Zinger is. Gallo was probably the closest and Gallo can not be labeled a bust. But stop ******* generalizing players. 2nd round picks man. Come on. Thats like me saying "Dont draft a college player because of Andy Rautins and Dijon Thompson." 
indifferent.gif

And like I said Gallo nor Nene could be labeled busts from that list. Which means that Weis is really the only "bust" from that list. But he was a once in a generation type of bad pick. You cant generalize based on that or say you dont want to draft Zinger because we drafted Frederic Weis 15 years ago ahead of Artest.

I like the idea of taking Euros with 2nd rounders since you get those diamonds in the roughs.

Zinger, I just don't feel like waiting the 2-3 years he needs to develop. Soft touch, great size, could be a solid player, but he's gonna need time and we don't have it.

i dont care that hes european he literally needs to bulk up or he will get bodied and i dont think his athleticism right now makes up for that.  nba is a whole nother ball game when it comes to bigs and like some have said he is clearly gonna need some time and we don't have it

"with the 4th pick in the 2015 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select........Cameron Payne, point guard from Murray State"

*crowd boos*

*crowd sets barclays center on fire*

*crowd sets Phil on fire*

I totally want Phil to build for the future, but you can build for the future and still get a Day 1 impact player by taking Muddy.

Think i'm now at 51/49 for Russell. His proficiency in the P&R, shooting, craftiness, passing ability, and the fact that he has star written all over him cannot be ignored. Were now a team that is embedded with the triangle it's a huge sticking point for me also. We all know the NBA is a pace and space league now and with ball movement and getting out in transition being a integral part of a offenses success so for us to have the best offense possible Russell is the guy we need.  Let's be honest here this is Phil's team and Phil wants the triangle to be implemented and implemented correctly and for us to thrive in the triangle we need a PG of Russell's acumen who is witty, crafty, can shoot, and make passes that a lot of other PG's can't in this draft or even in the league for that matter. You also can't ignore how great he is in the P&R which will make our offense more dynamic. D.Lo along with Melo and whatever free agent big we grab this offseason (Gasol, Aldridge, Love, Monroe) will be a terror running the P&R along with the movement and spacing that a correctly ran triangle offense provides. I Love Mudiay and I Love his athleticism, defensive prowess, and his ability to finish in traffic but is he really the kind of PG that will thrive in this kind of offense ? I'm not so sure that we have time to wait for his jumper to come around with Melo not having many prime years left and the clock ticking on Phil and his regime. Don't what the offseason holds but I feel if were able to snag this kid our luck might start to change and we might be able to shock the world during free agency.

Where did the recent Aldridge rumor come from?

What's the chances Mudiay become a Reggie Jackson and not a Westbrook / J. Wall?

If Dangelo Russell becomes a bust I will never evaluate another draft prospect for the rest of my life. 
laugh.gif

I am so confident in this kid succeeding. Especially if he lands in NY. I honestly think he is the perfect draft prospect for what this team is looking for. All around. Character and game. Hes a gift if he is there at 4.

And LA aint coming to NY. Hes either staying in Portland or going to Spurs/Mavs.

Last edited:
Also Happy Father's day fellas. Shout out to onewearz onewearz I hope when I'm your age I still have my youth and enthusiasm like you do brother. I know being a dad, the Yanks, and Knicks are probably your three favorite things in the world and I really hope we can win one before your alzheimers kicks in. Respect to all the dads man

good lookin fam :smokin

and yeah , I hope we win before NT god forbid crashes cause this thread is gonna break it :lol:

Happy Father's Day to all of u in here, handle your business and enjoy every minute, trust, they're our ages before we know it. I feel like my daughters are my aunts or something. our son's, man cherish those lil squeeky "sup Dad's" in the morning cause before u know it they sound like another man in the house taking too long in the shower ....

ENJOY .... :smokin

If Dangelo Russell becomes a bust I will never evaluate another draft prospect for the rest of my life. 
laugh.gif

I am so confident in this kid succeeding. Especially if he lands in NY. I honestly think he is the perfect draft prospect for what this team is looking for. All around. Character and game. Hes a gift if he is there at 4.

I see it

good lookin fam
smokin.gif

and yeah , I hope we win before NT god forbid crashes cause this thread is gonna break it
laugh.gif

Happy Father's Day to all of u in here, handle your business and enjoy every minute, trust, they're our ages before we know it. I feel like my daughters are my aunts or something. our son's, man cherish those lil squeeky "sup Dad's" in the morning cause before u know it they sound like another man in the house taking too long in the shower ....

ENJOY ....
smokin.gif
props 

wouldn't be against DLo at all, just think Mudiay would help more from day 1.

i like how Russell talked about Chris Paul's midrange game...he's gonna need to be money from that range if he can't get all the way to the rim.

The Knicks need EVERYTHING.

The main focus being a PG and a C, of course, but we need help everywhere other than a scoring forward which we already have.

Mudiay/Russell both work as we need our PG of the future.

Okafor likely won't be available, but if he were, then you don't pass up on him either. 

WCS makes sense because you draft your defensive anchor for the next decade.

Porzingis is intriguing because he has the talent and skillset to be a stretch forward with a great shot as well as have the size to be a rim protector and block shots, of course not on the level of a WCS or others, but if he pans out he could be an incredibly versatile player.

If we take either PG that's available, I won't be mad. But our window with Melo is pretty short to be honest, and we shouldn't ignore a prospect just because he doesn't fit with Melo perfectly. I know we want to win with Melo while we have him, but this is also a player we want with the team for the next 7+ years, well beyond Carmelo's window/prime.

Just when I thought logic and common sense was dead in this thread, here you go BigJ - coming out of nowhere surprising me.

Well said.

not really nervous for Thursday, there's so many directions we can go it's almost impossible to screw it up.

Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, WCS, hell Okafor might even be there at #4 :lol:

reggie is his floor wall is hill apex

nobody will ever be westbrook
I agree with that but I also think you have to somewhat include Westbrook in his ceiling just because his size. His ceiling is definitely more Wall than Westbrook, but it is more a Wall with Westbrook's size. Which is obviously a damn ******* good ceiling. :lol:

not really nervous for Thursday, there's so many directions we can go it's almost impossible to screw it up.

Are you sure there is no way to screw it up? Didn't we screw up the tank? I am nervous, something very stupid can happen.

So if that is the scenario, who should we pick ?

Back
Top Bottom