2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

It's based off a true story. The actors are playing real ppl.

The guy Carell played acts like that, the guy Gosling played is like that in real life, it's the same for the guys Bale and Pitt played.

If you found the movie boring okay but a complaint like that makes no sense when they explain why the characters are the way they are. They did that pretty well for the guys Carell and Bale played.

I thought it was hilarious and fun and still managed to be informative.
You misunderstood me, the movie was done very well. I just don't care about the topic. I was funny at first but then started sounding like a broken record. I have no shame in admitting I just didn't care about the topic.

Gosling was probably my fave character but only cause its Gosling and I can never hate him.

Bale jamming out to metal was 
nthat.gif
laugh.gif
 He is essentially me if I had that type of job and was allowed to do that. I'd bring in a drum set and annoy people with death metal.

Notice how the Oscars only nominate serious issues white people care about. The housing market crashed, mad white people lost their homes=OSCAR!!!!!

COLD WAR=OSCARS!!!

White romance in Brooklyn=OSCARS!!!

Pathetic. 
how is the housing market crashing a white problem? everyone was effected

the cold war is a white problem?

there was just a lack of great movies about black issues this year, dont blame the academy 

there have been great films about black issues in past years and they have been nominated (selma, 12 years a slave, django, beasts of the southern wild, the help) and that's just in the past 5 years 

Kakajwjahahshha I hate you guys. I loved the film, everything Gary Oldman does is GOAT idc.

:lol:

It was good but there's better "dystopian" films.

The Road, :pimp:

Gary is a boss, tho, I'll give you that.

i really, really enjoyed bale in big short.
jlaw does not play the same character in every movie lol. she was better in silver linings playbook but i still enjoyed joy. i had really low expectations going into it but it was a nicely told story.

It was good but there's better "dystopian" films.

The Road, :pimp:
the road is a fantastically depressing movie. i loved it.

Last edited:

there was just a lack of great movies about black issues this year, dont blame the academy 

there have been great films about black issues in past years and they have been nominated (selma, 12 years a slave, django, beasts of the southern wild, the help) and that's just in the past 5 years 

That is where I am confused. I swear black movies and even black actors/actresses were being acknowledged not too long ago. Lupita Nyong'o a couple of years back. Forrest Whittaker, Mo'Nique with Precious, Jennifer Hudson and so on. Not saying that is a reason not to protest the Oscars but it's not like blacks have never been acknowledged. I swear Ang Lee is the only asian that is holding it down at the Oscars.

I was surprised that movie Race wasn't released in time for awards season. You would think a movie about jesse owens would try for awards unless the movie isn't that good or production just got delayed a lot.

black people were affected and it trickled down to whites...hence it becoming an issue
exactly, they are american problems that anyone can relate to/be interested in 

rather than complain about too many movies about white issues, why not suggest a movie about black issues that was snubbed?

there's an argument to be made about beasts of no nation but hollywood in general looks down upon netflix trying to steal their market 

It takes a very good director to direct a 2+ hr car chase that intricate.

Not to mention all the practical effects that went into the movie.

Death Proof is 2 hours of talking, tho.

I mean, I love Death Proof but it's literally the exact opposite of Mad Max.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a car chase though. That's what was brought up.

Link to 2 hour car chase of the Simpsons?

exactly, they are american problems that anyone can relate to/be interested in 

rather than complain about too many movies about white issues, why not suggest a movie about black issues that was snubbed?

there's an argument to be made about beasts of no nation but hollywood in general looks down upon netflix trying to steal their market 
Um 

Straight outta compton

Dope

Beasts of no Nation (netflix excuse)
have not seen dope

straight outta compton was a solid movie, nothing more. from a technical standpoint it was pretty basic. 

Black man better be a slave or Martin Luther King if they want some acknowledgement basically.....

***** ****** up.

It's a car chase though. That's what was brought up.

Link to 2 hour car chase of the Simpsons?

Pretty sure 2 hour long car chases were brought up.

Number of 2 hour long car chases in Death Proof? 0.

Black man better be a slave or Martin Luther King if they want some acknowledgement basically.....

***** ****** up.
we're talking about movies about black issues and you're upset that they are making great movies about racism? 

I don't want to watch no more movies about slaves, butlers, none of that ********.

Ain't **** great about em.

Next slavery movie cast Christian Bale as the main slave and have Wesley Snipes play the plantation owner and whip the **** out of him for an hour and i'll go watch.

but those are the kinds of movies that win oscars, just like how movies about the catholic church raping kids gets nominated

the academy loves movies about serious issues based in reality. 

but those are the kinds of movies that win oscars, just like how movies about the catholic church raping kids gets nominated

Given the demographic I'm sure they LOVE watching slave movies, but I'm good on seeing another one ever.

how yall forgetting about Precious?

That was a damn horror movie :lol:

Given the demographic I'm sure they LOVE watching slave movies, but I'm good on seeing another one ever.
hey, i dont care for slave movies either. I have yet to watch most of them

but it's rough historical situations like slavery that bring out the "best" dramatic acting and create an emotional story for voters to get behind.

The issue in hollywood is more so not casting black actors for roles in great movies rather than the awards shows not nominating movies about black people. 

Such a down year for movies that people are overrating films just for the sake of somebody winning something.

Straight Out of Compton was a glitzy, corny at times film that just moved from this, to that. That movie is truly average at best. Y'all let nostalgia and culture play with your emotions. Watch it again, I swear....it's really not even worth consideration.

Creed was good. But not an Oscar worthy movie. It was hyped because it was a rocky movie, with one of the most likeable young actors in the game. The acting was average...and the story was as well. As I said in the Creed thread, everything happened too fast:

-15-0 in Mexico...then quit job
-move to Philly
-spark up a quick easy relationship with Rocky
-meet girl...immediately becomes GF
-win first easily against contender.....get title shot & train
-Rocky gets sick
-predictable falling out with GF & Rocky
-Reunite for a great fight.

The end.

Little character development for Addonis. No real struggle, but a huge payoff....and him easily accepting his fathers name after making it seem like he resented it. Good movie. Cool watch. Just didn't match the hype.

Then we get to the "Big Short". This is type of movie with the exact type of cast that people will consider Oscar worthy, without even digesting. Wasn't that great to me.

Back
Top Bottom