2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Had no idea Mad Max was that good of a movie

Straight Outta Compton should've got a nomination for best picture

Had no idea Mad Max was that good of a movie
Oh, it was.

Am I the only one surprised that Star Wars didn't get nominated for costume design?
they hating on Kanye 
mean.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
I just saw Straight Out Of Compton. Not sure if it was from hype but I honestly didn't think it was that good. I still won't go as far as saying it shouldn't be nominated since I haven't seen the other movies but it's hardly best picture worthy imo. Something about it seemed off. Not sure if it was cause I lived that era or if it was just me thinking these artists are way different than they were in person than in this movie. I think it lacked a sense of realism, but this is a movie afterall. I sort of wish they did the same approach that they did to Menace 2 Society. Get some non actors to play these characters.

Still need to finish Beast Of No Nation.

i think with straight out of compton most people expected it to be terrible so when it was a decent movie it felt a lot better than it was

it's not even a top 15 movie of the year 

Straight out of Compton was one of the best films released last year, I refuse to believe that Mad Max is more Oscar worthy than Compton.

the arguments for Straight Outta Compton and Creed remind me of 2013/14 and Fruitvale Station.

Spotlight was good. The cast was spectacular. Growing up Catholic made me really think about the priests we have here in Atlanta.

My argument for the films is that you cannot convince me that all the films/actors nominated did a better job than both films. Jenifer Lawrence has been playing the same role for 3 years now and has been nominated each time, Sly barely spoke English but supposedly gave a more Oscar worthy performance than the kid who played Eazy E?

:lol: ya'll draggin homie for his "stop fighting equality" comment. Terribly worded, but I get what he's trying to say. Although we live in an unequal society, we SHOULD continue to fight, saying that its pointless to fight for equality goes against everything this country and western society stands for.

My argument for the films is that you cannot convince me that all the films/actors nominated did a better job than both films. Jenifer Lawrence has been playing the same role for 3 years now and has been nominated each time, Sly barely spoke English but supposedly gave a more Oscar worthy performance than the kid who played Eazy E?
laugh.gif

Definitely agree with this.

Sly was very good. How much screen time did Jason Mitchell have in SOC. I feel like he was out of the movie about halfway though.

Chill.

Just off the strength of cinematogrophy Mad Max wins.

The scene with the Coma-Doof Warrior (guitar dude) alone is better than SOC.
laugh.gif

Cinematography alone doesn't qualify a movie like Mad Max to be considered over SOC. We're talking overall( directing , acting , screenplay, etc). Mad Max overall as a movie is good ( one of my top 3 favs of the year ) but it's lacking in the acting department. SOC overall is a much more well balanced movie. Acting was better and directing was better.

if you think SOC was better directed than mad max you are either:

1. trolling

2. blind

3. dont know anything about flimmaking 

it would be like saying jr smith is a better basketball player than steph curry 

if you think SOC was better directed than mad max you are either:

1. trolling

2. blind

3. dont know anything about flimmaking 

it would be like saying jr smith is a better basketball player than steph curry 
Bruh , Mad Max had minimal dialogue. It was mostly action sequences.

Back
Top Bottom