2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by Peep Game, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Peep Game

Peep Game

I think we all should know what the goal is this season. That's why the slogan of #Pursuit wasn't changed, as that pursuit of a championship is still the goal at hand. I like the fact that Morey felt comfortable with most of this team after last year's playoffs, and made some of the necessary upgrades to make sure there is no regression. Looking for Capela to continue his development behind Howard to allow Howard to get more rest. Brought Ty Lawson in as a major PG upgrade to really compete with the elite PGs, which should take the load off Bev so he can truly focus on defense, along with keeping his long range game intact like he's seemed to show. Marcus Thornton is pretty much a wild card, and anything positive off the bench from him would be good. This could also be one of those pivotal years for Jones and D-Mo. They're the lone guys we drafted and actually kept around, and they will once again have to stay healthy and take another leap forward. Could determine whether they'll continue to be in Rockets unis or not. Terry, Ariza, and Brewer all did great things last year, and will have to simply continue to play their roles and be solid. Glad Brewer and Bev got good deals done and were able to stay too. Feel like it's really important for the bench to be solid enough to allow for rest to the starters, most importantly (of course) Harden. It can't be him (and Ariza) logging all these crazy minutes and getting gassed come playoff time. I'm also curious as to what the rookies Dekker and Harrell can do, along with KJ's usage. We know how McHale can quickly throw guys into the doghouse due to the slightest mistakes, but hey, can't wait for this season to start :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: if you're also a Texan fan, the season can't get here fast enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Retroballer

Retroballer

LETS GOOOOOOOOO

We have the depth this year to really push for a great seed again and have more success in the play offs. Just comes down to health.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. do work son

do work son

I don't know how much terry Thornton mcdaniels and dekker will realistically play, but having that depth is awesome. I think we'll start slow and there will be a lot of lineup tinkering to fit in Lawson, but this has the potential to be a special season

4. Peep Game

Peep Game

5. sole searchin

sole searchin

Appreciate it. Didn't notice this new thread.

Peep Game likes this.
  6. Peep Game

Peep Game

Opening night folks :pimp:

7. steaknshrimp

steaknshrimp

New to this but ready for this season

8. jewbacca2

jewbacca2

Peep pulling a 4W and not posting the link to the new thread in the old thread [​IMG]

(if you did, sorry [​IMG])

9. Peep Game

Peep Game

:lol: :lol: my bad, I figured people already saw it

Opening night :pimp: let's just get a win, preferably something emphatic.

10. Peep Game

Peep Game

11. rosegoldsluggs

rosegoldsluggs

Got ya [​IMG]

12. clutch 713

clutch 713

Checking in

13. Peep Game

Peep Game

Very sloppy first half. Harden only started heating up towards the end, and TJones is playing like he's gonna be in a different uniform come trade deadline. On the flipside, Lawson and Harrell are looking very good.

Defense hasn't been all there either, especially on the perimeter.

14. Peep Game

Peep Game

Such a brutal 3rd quarter. Felt like they didn't hit a single shot.

15. Peep Game

Peep Game

What a perfect way to start the season. Get blown out on the home floor by a team that surely should finish with a top 5 draft pick, with the Warriors on Friday who looked like they were hungry and out for blood against the Pels. Poor shooting from basically every single person, no energy at all, and pretty much no effort all around.

You shouldn't have to have Howard and D-Mo to beat the Nuggets like they should have. It's just 1 game, but this was pretty pathetic.

16. jewbacca2

jewbacca2

That game was hard to watch :lol:

17. clutch 713

clutch 713

geeeeezzzzz that game was brutal.

The Good:
    - Pat Bev was a good spark off the bench in the first. Came in and got some turnovers playing good defense, hit a three after. Intensity turned up.

The Bad: (Terrible shooting night)
    - Harden 6/21 FG. 2/12 on 3s.
    - Ariza 2/10 FG. 1/7 on 3s.
    - Brewer 2/12 FG.
    - Lawson - 3/10 FG.
    - 16 turnovers which lead to 26 Nuggets points.

andddd the Warriors come into town next... :\

18. Retroballer

Retroballer

Outside from energy. I thought Bev played terrible last night.
    Harrell played well, but that's about it. Turnovers and missed shots. Pretty simple.
    Dwight is back for tomorrow so that should help, but play better or we bout to get blasted by 30 while the Warriors do all their annoying antics on the sidelines.

19. Peep Game

Peep Game

20. bonafide hustla

bonafide hustla

That's cool and all. I get it. You can't be taking games off in the West though. Especially now that everybody is healthy and our conference got that much stronger. and GSW is far from a guaranteed win regardless if you rested for it or not. We aren't even healthy.

I agree its not panic time, obviously. Just saying, they should have came out this season with a killer instinct. the #pursuit won't be easier this year