2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

This game feels just like the Denver one and I hate it. Rockets just letting the Nets hang around. Better get it together.

Dwight has been completely hammered on multiple possessions, and it's like the refs cover their eyes

The ************* Brooklyn Nets killed them on the boards. ******* pathetic. How you get like 3 days off after an awesome win against the Clippers and put up a ****** performance like this? Where the hell is the defense at? Dudes not contesting shots at all. These were the damn Nets, 0-7, worst rebounding team in the league and overall worst offensive team, and you let them hit open 3s and crash the boards?? This **** is worse than the Denver loss.

View media item 1783934

Look at this ********. What is a Bogdanovic, and why is Thomas Robinson impacting any game at all?? And Christ, Bargnani with 8 points smh.
View media item 1783935
This team totally wasted Howard and Thornton's good games tonight.

frown.gif

Cuncel da saeson

Last edited:
There was some corny fans yapping at Dwight last night during a break, and Dwight said "you still mad? It's been 3 years, let it go" :lol: :lol:. It had to be a Laker/Clipper hybrid fan, cause a 100% Clipper fan shouldn't be mad and him leaving the Lakers

Dwight's a child for even entertaining that guy to the level he did.

Had high hopes for this team but I am slowly realizing what I realized last year; this group of players lacks mental toughness. They play down to their competition and don't come out with a killer instinct at all. It seems they really believe they can turn it on whenever. I really thought they'd come out this year like GSW and murder MFers after the WCF loss and all that yang Ty talked in the off-season. Hope they get it together but this doesn't look like an NBA championship contending team.

In other news...

http://www.khou.com/story/sports/nb...cam-video-of-rockets-players-arrest/75633610/

"I'm legal with eagle, bro."

:lol:

PPD: Hold this L...

Pat Bev: Nah bruh...can't do it

JUST TAKE THE DAMN TICKET PAT... :smh:

Last edited:
It's on the staff, not the players.

There are only a couple guys in the NBA that can legitimately spearhead an entire team's approach/tendencites to the game behind their play. (KD/Bron...I'm hesitant to say anyone else in the current league, but you can argue Curry now also)

Last edited:
It's on the staff, not the players.

There are only a couple guys in the NBA that can legitimately spearhead an entire team's approach/tendencites to the game behind their play. (KD/Bron...I'm hesitant to say anyone else in the current league, but you can argue Curry now also)

I agree Mchale plays a huge part in how these guys approach games but we all know he's going nowhere. Leslie and Morey seem to be really patient.

No doubt, just saying, I can't blame our personnel. It's kinda embarrassing to be this deep (over the last 2 years), have this hype, and hear people talk about needing XYZ personnel wise.

Guys play to systems, minus a few chosen 1s.

Oh well, I'll only watch the games once this year. Gonna use some of these previously wasted cycles watching some other young budding talent...and KD

It's not about being fired up. Our guys come out with intensity, but you can come out there and get fired up all you want.....and still get your head smacked off the strength of high IQ basketball countering alone.

Our issue is that stuff starts breaking down and cascading and we don't have a legitimate counter for it...then guys just don't know what to do. They try to rely on what they normally do systemically and the counter is always better :lol: GSW has probably done the best job at this against us. These are all systemic problems.

this isn't a players thing. it's a system thing. cuts in slow motion because they really don't know the end game of the offense. poor execution.

golden state runs floppy to get steph or klay an open shot, and if it isn't there they look back door. fluid motion offense.

we run floppy to get harden an isolation on the wing.

It's a combination of things. I think the players could play harder and I think the coaching could be a lot better.

I know it's early in the season but every game counts in the West especially with GSW running away already. So i get not panicking because you lost 3 straight or you are out of sync to start the year but you better start getting concerned.

As for the coaching, everybody who follows this thread knows what I think of Mchale. He's an ok coach, but don't think he's a championship level coach. Personnel wise; this team has more than enough talent to win a title. Morey has done an excellent job putting this team together.

Sure McHale has issues...

But don't blame the players not getting up on him :lol:

Have some ******* pride :lol:

Jew....

It has nothing to do with pride. We have guys that play fired up and with passion. If our comeback against the Clips wasn't evident, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Folks aren't "giving up" . They're simply being out-executed. They "give up" because of frustration. No amount of expending energy/morale/excitement is gonna overcome better execution.

How else can I articulate this?

Last edited:
and McHale doesn't simply "have issues". HE IS THE ISSUE. Do you not remember his stint in Minn?

He's good at certain things as a coach, but what he's bad at are things that are holding this team back from being a LEGITIMATE contender.

You can't turn on the same talent that's actually gotten us into the conversation of being a competitive playoff team.

Oh I'm aware of McHale/the system :lol:

I just felt there were posts in here indicating it was Mchales's fault for the players being flat, which is just ridiculous :lol:

That's exactly what I'm trying to articulate happens in most cases, though. Our guys being "flat" (in most cases) is a product of our system (both offensively and defensively) breaking down.

How can they be "flat" or "un-inspired" when (for instance) against the Nets they were up going into the 4th?

Everybody just stopped trying with the lead? Doesn't really even make sense if you think about it.

I'd like to see some data on how many games we lose blowing leads vs. being down the entire time....I'm sure that has a correlation with being dominated via Xs and Os. vs. effort.

Back
Top Bottom