2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

More touches in Dallas than LAL. I don't think there'd be any title pressure from the reasonable laker fans.

But in Dallas dude is option 1B. In LAL he'd be scrambling for touches with everyone else

poor Cody :frown:

B5u_AYlc_IUAAQte_W_copy.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :frown:

I hate when people say Dirk got lucky in 2011. If that's the case then Lebron is the luckiest player ever. Every championship team needs some luck to win it all.

More touches in Dallas than LAL. I don't think there'd be any title pressure from the reasonable laker fans.

But in Dallas dude is option 1B. In LAL he'd be scrambling for touches with everyone else

I'd expect there won't be much scrambling for touches with Kobe out of the picture. I don't see why Whiteside wouldn't be a featured player on offense in LA.

Dallas seems to be reinventing themselves over and over again only to come up with the same results. My guess is they will be stuck in this limbo and never truly re-build until Dirk retires.

On another note...what are the odds OKC lands both Durant AND Horford? :nerd:

Maybe not, but the comparisons will always be there for any good laker center to those of the past

I could see him not wanting that

Last edited:

I'd expect there won't be much scrambling for touches with Kobe out of the picture. I don't see why Whiteside wouldn't be a featured player on offense in LA.

It could be guys trying to get theirs in the first year post Bean ball or they could buy in.

I personally think he stiffs the Mavs like everyone else but I'm sure cubes is telling him it's his team going forward. We know what whiteside is about, he's the same dude that wanted to get his 2k rating up

Can neither confirm nor deny.

But I will say that KD signing the 1+1 OKC is a forgone conclusion. I feel as though these meetings are because these are the teams he's going to be choosing from next summer.

The fact that the Clips are 1 of 4 teams he's considering (Miami, Boston, or really any other team in the league really) is a good look for LAC and playing w/CP blake and DJ isn't a bad look at all if it ends up going that way.

I think you're right. Its about next season more than anything else. And if he doesnt like what he hears from the others, OKC is going to be the final destination, even after next year.

At least we're in the running. Small chance but you never know.

Last edited:
Speaking of hot starts I'll never forget the year the NBA started using the new composite ball and Luke Walton led the league in 3 point percentage for like 2 months before they switched back and he instantly plummeted

Eric Dampier could catch with that ball.

If Durant would take an even bigger paycut, yes, but that's not happening because he's already taking a 2.5M paycut to join LAC (if he does) PP's contract hurts too in this scenario.

Who would have thought PP's contract would be a detriment at the time of the signing last year?

Back
Top Bottom