2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Man hope thons really 19 :lol:. Hope the bucks hit on him cause we need to get going here and RV last year was terrible haha still may pan out but that GV trade killed them. One of the worst trades ever

Last edited:
Sam Presti

View media item 2079290
paging a-friend a-friend . Happy or no?

Durant ain't going nowhere. What situation is better out there? I'm not feeling like the Warriors are a real option. So other than that, its OKC. 2 year deal with opt out after year 1.

I don't know why, but i secretly want to see Durant go to the Knicks.

All you need to know about Jaylen Brown is that Isiah Thomas likes his game 
laugh.gif
He drafted T-Mac too.

paging @a-friend. Happy or no?

Mos def. 

I would have been happy with much much much less for Ibaka.

Ersan is doodoo but I still don't know how in the hell OKC pulled this off.

What was Magic thinking.

We should have had to give up Ibaka and something else STRONG for just Oladipo, super shocked, super stoked. 

Mos def. 
I would have been happy with much much much less for Ibaka.

Ersan is doodoo but I still don't know how in the hell OKC pulled this off.

What was Magic thinking.
We should have had to give up Ibaka and something else STRONG for just Oladipo, super shocked, super stoked. 

I feel for Serge, but he peaked a couple of seasons ago. This was a move made for Durant, in my opinion.

I feel like KD had some input on that deal. He and Oladipo are pretty close. Don't think Presti would have made a deal for him without KD chiming in. Chances of him staying probably solidified tonight.

Very true. Would be very risky to trade Serge without knowing whether KD was ok with it.

Presti has to ask KD if he can fart for the next couple of weeks. Want to make love to the wife? Call KD first. Turkey or Ham sandwich? Call KD first.

I feel for Serge, but he peaked a couple of seasons ago. This was a move made for Durant, in my opinion.
Good luck to him.

It was a move for OKC too though, they were in between a rock and a hard place w/ having to resign Waiters this offseason.

It would have been a repeat of what happened w/ Kanter last year, somebody else would have drove his price through the roof and we would have had to match it.

With Oladipo, we don't have to do that now.

If you are going to pay a SG 15million or whatever, it feels alot better paying iit to  Oladipo next year than Waiters this year

Last edited:
The dynamic Oladipo brings to the table is something that OKC hasn't had in the KD/Russ era. He's a legitimate playmaker. He can push the break and initiate the offense which is something that Roberson can't do at all and Waiters is just too erratic to be trusted with that responsibility. You also can't play 4 on 5 with him on the floor like you can with Roberson at the 2. 
Who's the last NBA champ that had a closing lineup that featured just one 3 point shooter?
Facts. I like the move too but I disagree on putting Roberson out there with that lineup. It defeats the whole purpose of bringing in Dipo. The ONLY reason he plays is for his defense. Dipo matches that and is a legit threat on the other end. Why start Roberson still? You trot him out there and you're still playing 4 on 5.

I'd go Russ, Vic, KD, Ilyasova, and Adams

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom