2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

People don't think, that's why they call him a pf. And yes there's a difference between pf and C. There's a reason why a guy like lma hates playing center or boogie would rather play pf, a reason porzingis didn't run the 5 last year and on and on. And the reason is not just semantics.

Before I brought it up I don't even think people realized he's played center exclusively for like the last decade. Yall were still talking like he was a pf.

Tim Duncan is a great player. He's played center the vast majority of his career and played even more center in the Playoffs and played center his entire college career. It is what it is.

Last edited:
If we consider Duncan a Poing Guard, would he be the greatest point guard of all time? His ability to rebound, block shots, and defend bigs every single night has never been seen at the PG position. Crazy stuff when you think about it.

If we consider Duncan a Poing Guard, would he be the greatest point guard of all time? His ability to rebound, block shots, and defend bigs every single night has never been seen at the PG position. Crazy stuff when you think about it.

:rofl:

NTextremes

Duncan started as a PF starting along centers like Splitter, Nesterovic, Oberto....why are people labeling him solely as a center? :lol:

:lol: at "vast majority". I would prove leemelone wrong again....but I don't feel like grave digging this from months back again.

You never proved anything in the first place :lol:. He's been playing center since David Robinson was there. When his own coach says yea he's been starting at center the past 15 years and this was 2012 when he said this or when Tim himself says being listed as a pf gives him a chance to start in the asg, but I'm supposed to listen to wavycrocket from NT?

It is what it is.

When Lebby retires he will be the best point guard ever. Can't wait

GOAT

Lebby

MJ

Bird

Duncan

Duncan

Last edited:
You never proved anything in the first place :lol:. He's been playing center since David Robinson was there. When his own coach says yea he's been starting at center the past 15 years and this was 2012 when he said this or when Tim himself says being listed as a pf gives him a chance to start in the asg, but I'm supposed to listen to wavycrocket from NT?

It is what it is.

Wavy gave you ACTUAL numbers from Basketball-reference.com detailing EXACTLY the amount of time he was playing PF and the amount of time he played center in his entire career.

But yeah, keep playing dumb...it is what it is.

I know you're joking but this is exactly my point :lol:. Centers get more block and rebound opportunities. I think the top 15 or so all time block leaders are all centers. It's not just semantics. The two positions have different responsibilities and matchups.

Wavy gave you ACTUAL numbers from Basketball-reference.com detailing EXACTLY the amount of time he was playing PF and the amount of time he played center in his entire career.

But yeah, keep playing dumb...it is what it is.

No fool, I'm the one that pulled those numbers showing that he's actually a center. And the playoff numbers show he played even more at the 5 every postseason. Wavy was just pulling stats from thin air talking bout well when Dave was there he probably played like 90..no 70...well maybe like 55% center. Go somewhere man :lol:

Last edited:
P is right, it isnt a big deal at all

But if you cant see the subtext that goes with laker fans calling duncan a top 6 center then I dont know what to tell yall.

My whole point is that it doesn't matter at all, especially on the day he retiresl. He'a an all timer, top 5, top 10. No need to shadow box it by calling him a center.

Anyway, moving on

I know you're joking but this is exactly my point :lol:. Centers get more block and rebound opportunities. I think the top 15 or so all time block leaders are all centers. It's not just semantics. The two positions have different responsibilities and matchups.

This isnt up for debate that centers and pf's have different responsibilities.

But its pointless to bring it up in regards to duncan on the day he's retiring. Literally the only reason would be to devalue what he's done to a degree in his career.

No fool, I'm the one that pulled those numbers showing that he's actually a center. Wavy was just pulling stats from thin air talking bout well when Dave was there he probably played like 90..no 70...well maybe like 55% center. Go somewhere man :lol:

:rofl: This is how I know you playing dumb...or maybe just being you..

.Either way, Wavy pulled the numbers from the SAME place you did but was even more accurate in doing so by finding out the exact percentage Duncan played PF and C his entire career. And what do you know? It showed he played PF more than Center...but hey, keep ignoring that.

This isnt up for debate that centers and pf's have different responsibilities.

But its pointless to bring it up in regards to duncan on the day he's retiring. Literally the only reason would be to devalue what he's done to a degree in his career.
Bruh the Tim Duncan played more Center than PF discussion has existed long before he retired

Last edited:
I really don't get why people consider it shade to call him a center. Just pretend like I'm a spurs fan and I'm calling him a center. Better yet pretend like I'm Greg popovich and I'm calling him a center. It's his position.

Back
Top Bottom